UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

post-638-1233864241_thumb.jpg This guy is 15" tall. :ohmy:

I don't have that (and probably won't get him--I don't like the "evil" face), but I do have this:

post-1827-1233868799_thumb.jpg

who, as dirty and played with as he is, has been patiently waiting for my Minimate and Kubrick GBs since October or so :D

could this be the line where there is going to be a minimate mold that is unique to minimates, and unlike any other? ala slimer? just a thought

I think it would have to be something related to the Clayface we got, with a major sculpted shell over a Minimate block base with arms or something. The Kubrick doesn't have any legs, but a little clear plastic base that attaches to the crotch area, and makes it look like he is flying. I think something similar with the Minimate version would be cool. I don't see how legs can worth with Slimer at all.

post-1827-1233869104_thumb.jpg

--edit: Boyd is a wise man :D--

Edited by karamazov80

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As crazy as that show is, I wouldn't be too surprised to see Mr. Stay Puft show up some day, controlled by Ben somehow.

Poor Lector never had a chance. They should have let him out of the straight jacket, at least.

I think it would have to be something related to the Clayface we got, with a major sculpted shell over a Minimate block base with arms or something. The Kubrick doesn't have any legs, but a little clear plastic base that attaches to the crotch area, and makes it look like he is flying. I think something similar with the Minimate version would be cool. I don't see how legs can worth with Slimer at all.

--edit: Boyd is a wise man :D --

I'm not going to argue with that. ;)

I hadn't seen the Kubrick Slimer before, but yeah, that's how a Minimate Slimer should work, especially the stand.

That Kubrick Slimer is really sculpted and detailed - prehaps overly-sculpted for a Kubrick (especially when you compare him to how simple the Ghostbusters look). I hope that the Minimate will be less-sculpted and have the stylized Minimate simplicity to it.

I'm a Minimate nutcase & despite my well-publicised moans & groans about DST/AA & their shortcomings this is a master-stroke. Credit where credit is due I can think of no other license that will encapsulate the 'feel-good factor' reminiscences better than GB in these glum times. If Karamazov80 was a child of the 80's then bhm was a 'full growed-man' of the 80's & this was a superbly enjoyable film & I loved it.......mind you I'd been in love with Sigourney for years .....before I fell in love with Kylie.

I'd been looking forward to the kubricks which look great & I really,really,really hope that the Minimates wipe the floor with them.

Have Minimates ever not wiped the floor with Kubricks? No contest, in my humble opinion.

As long as you aren't talking about "licenses acquired," I would agree! But at the rate they are going with T2 and Ghostbusters, DST/AA may give Medicom a run for its money one of these days, even on that measure!

Edited by karamazov80

Um, shouldn't we wait to see what's revealed at NYCC this weekend before assuming there won't be other characters released?

Wait, you're... Chuck! It's a mole, everyone, "Groundhog7s" is Chuck. Right? Because you know everything before it's announced?

B)

Damn, you beat me to that!! :lol:

Seriously, Groundie, we don't even know IF they'll be released at NYCC. Which reminds me; i want some Spirit mates at NYCC on Sunday. ;)

I'm probably gonna be the only one who says this, but I wish maybe we'd get Minimates of the Extreme Ghostbusters too. For some reason I really liked watching that show as a kid. Eduardo, Garrett, Roland and Kylie FTW!

I wouldn't want Extreme Ghostbusters 'mates (well, maybe Kylie since she was the only original new character, the others always seemed to be 'Latino Pete', 'New Winston', and 'Handicapped Ray' in look and persona)

And miss out on another wheelchair mate? No way!

Okay, yeah, actually I'll admit maybe Extreme Ghostbusters might not work in the long run, but I'd REALLY want Kylie if they were a remote possibility (especially if she comes with that round yellow ghost trap design unique to the show, IMO way more bad-ass than the original). Maybe if they do Ghostbusters in a wave like T2 they can make her the "semi-related" variant a la Kyle Reese?

And OMG, I WANT a Stay Puft Minimate. Maximate. Whatever. He'd be the cutest little Big Bad ever.

First BTTF, than Rocky, now this? Doesn't DST know by now that these don't sell?

Come on, you don't have to be so skeptical. Seeing as toys of these are actually being made by OTHER companies bodes well for the fact that Ghostbusters are a pretty sought-after property right now. And BTTF was no lame duck either. All DST would have to do is go easy on the gratuitous variants (a diminished possibility given the variety in Ghostbusters) and they'd be good.

First BTTF, than Rocky, now this? Doesn't DST know by now that these don't sell?

Umm...actually, BTTF sold pretty well. And so did Madonna. And so did Rocky I. They do sell, a lot actually. DST just has to know how to play their cards. You may not want them, but TONS of us on this board, including myself, have always loved to see these made and have discussed the topic frequently. Now we have them. And that is FREAKIN AWSOME!!! :lol::lol: