UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Ghostbusters Minimates-Movies

I have found that I prefer the look of them holding the neutrino wands by the "barrel" as opposed to the stock - this does force the hand open a bit kind of the same amount as the grip on Sarah Connor's rifle - anyone think this will do damage?

post-3040-1251952146_thumb.jpg

Nah, it's fine. I like to pose with both the stock and the grip at the same time XD This reminds me of a puzzle...

Worth 80 picarats

How can you have a Minimate hold the wand with both hands?

By pulling one hand out of the socket?

Incorrect. Please look over the clues that have been given to you.

72/80 picarats

Hint 1 (costs one hint coin)

From the way that the wand is shaped, you must have at least one hand vertical and one hand horizontal.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went into my local (1.5 hours away) Toys R Us the other day for the first time in a few years and asked them if they carry Minimates - the lady (in her 50s or 60s) looked at me like I just asked here where Im supposed to put my bag of feces (Borat reference) and got on her walkie (which was also tapped into the store intercom) and asked someone if they knew if they carried Minimates figures, and the other person didnt know, so the lady assumed they didnt have them...

meanwhile my friend had gone over to the figures section, and when I joined him he handed me a Terminator minimates 2 pack... several minutes later I found a ton of battlestar gallactica mm AND marvel minimates (yet the employees never heard of them) and behind a rack of 6" ironman figures I found ONE pack of Ghostbusters minimates, the GB2 Winston/Terror Dog set - I didnt get it because I already own them, but I wish I had cause my other Terror Dog is the one that came for Louis to wear, but I took him out and put another minimate inside, but theres no hole on its head so the mask doesnt fit right)

the moral of the story is dont trust anyone who works at Toys R Us, you gotta look for yourself.

I went into my local (1.5 hours away) Toys R Us the other day for the first time in a few years and asked them if they carry Minimates - the lady (in her 50s or 60s) looked at me like I just asked here where Im supposed to put my bag of feces (Borat reference) and got on her walkie (which was also tapped into the store intercom) and asked someone if they knew if they carried Minimates figures, and the other person didnt know, so the lady assumed they didnt have them...

meanwhile my friend had gone over to the figures section, and when I joined him he handed me a Terminator minimates 2 pack... several minutes later I found a ton of battlestar gallactica mm AND marvel minimates (yet the employees never heard of them) and behind a rack of 6" ironman figures I found ONE pack of Ghostbusters minimates, the GB2 Winston/Terror Dog set - I didnt get it because I already own them, but I wish I had cause my other Terror Dog is the one that came for Louis to wear, but I took him out and put another minimate inside, but theres no hole on its head so the mask doesnt fit right)

the moral of the story is dont trust anyone who works at Toys R Us, you gotta look for yourself.

I've actually had good experiences with tru employees, they seem to always be willing to work, at least the tru I go to, sorry that yours wasn't helpful, I think every person working at a store should be willing to know what is in there store or at least check. Perhaps someone on here can give you the product numbers for the packs. hopefully you get em.

as for more characters:bring on Janosz Poha or janine or even another regular dana

Edited by SErge

I have found that I prefer the look of them holding the neutrino wands by the "barrel" as opposed to the stock - this does force the hand open a bit kind of the same amount as the grip on Sarah Connor's rifle - anyone think this will do damage?

Nah, it's fine. I like to pose with both the stock and the grip at the same time XD This reminds me of a puzzle...

Worth 80 picarats

72/80 picarats

From the way that the wand is shaped, you must have at least one hand vertical and one hand horizontal.

What clues? I buy a hint.

I had a hunch, and went to the TRU in town I used to work at after class today, and I was right on the money! I got all 5 packs for Wave 2, and left behind a Jogger Ghost set. People apparently were on to me from last time, as they came in this morning, and at least one person came in and got a set, since I did pretty much the same thing last time.

I am about to open them and finish my setup with Wave 1, now all I need is the Comic Con 2 pack, the second box set, and any that come out in the future!

Worth 80 picarats

72/80 picarats

What clues? I buy a hint.

Our resident gun expert Cable shall give you a demonstration with another weapon:

IMG_0492.jpg

IMG_0493.jpg

I've done it before with Courtroom Peter Venkman, but I sold him so that's why I can't take any pictures of a Ghostbuster holding it right now. I'm waiting until the second box set comes out before buying the first XD

I finally found my set today! The first (nearest) TRU had sold all but two "energized terror dog/ Venkeman" in just a few hours (I did get a second set of BSG, two AIM/Cap, and a Bullseye/Moonstone though). The second had an untouched case, so it was worth the drive. With all this, and a few things I ordered online, I don't ever remember dropping this much cash at one time on Minimates...not even when I bought them by the case. :ohmy:

crap? i think i might have dropped the ball? i call a tru on Wednesday (that is when they get their minimates in) to see if they had any. they claimed they had not. but when i went to my local tru (this one is a few minutes from work) to get starbuck they had a tag saying they were coming. so i thought i would be smart and ask if they could figure out when they were coming in. when they input it in the computer i said they had 0 and the guy helping me said he saw one this morning but it was not there after his break. we then used the computer to check the store i had called and found they had 14 on shelf, but when we called they had none. now normally Tucson gets it minimates about a week after everyone else, but what if we did not! what if i missed them?! i guess i will have to wait and see.

What I love is walking into TRU in the middle of the afternoon at the same time as an employee wheels a box of Ghostbusters Minimates out of the back, as if they knew you were coming.

I almost wanted to tell him to not bother putting them on the pegs, I'll just take the box up front...

What I love is walking into TRU in the middle of the afternoon at the same time as an employee wheels a box of Ghostbusters Minimates out of the back, as if they knew you were coming.

I almost wanted to tell him to not bother putting them on the pegs, I'll just take the box up front...

That is a lovely story & one that I'll only,literally,........dream about doing. :D

That is a lovely story & one that I'll only,literally,........dream about doing. :D

I"m with ya BHM. They supposedly restock my TRU during the week while I'm out of town for work. Excellent timing! But I see your point. At least I can actually get into a TRU.

now normally Tucson gets it minimates about a week after everyone else, but what if we did not! what if i missed them?! i guess i will have to wait and see.

Don't sweat it just yet. As you say, the Western US seems to get their TRU shipments a week or two later. I don't think any one has reported a find in the West. Have they?

People, please include your general location when reporting finds. Because it matters.

Edited by Cappy

I'm in Phoenix.

Went to 3 TRU looking for them on Tues, hubby's last day off, and they looked at me like I had 3 heads.

Called today (Fri the 4th) and a guy from the back said he thought they might have pulled a box off a truck, but have no idea where it would be now. Said on tomorrow's truck they should get more. (Who knows if he even knows what he's talking about...?)

As was mentioned before...If anyone has ITEM NUMBERS or SKUs they can give (come on, all you guys who picked up a case!) that would help us out enormously when we call around to the clueless TRU people to check on these.

Save the ozone & reduce my financial support of international terrorism by helping me avoid driving all over town...ITEM NUMBERS, GUYS...Please?? (Oh where, oh where is the smiley with the batty eyelashes & the big...)

For series 2, I called and asked if they had them using the number 810005. If the service rep tries to look up something by name, there's no telling how it may be abbreviated in the system, so I said "they're Ghostbusters toys, but was told to ask using the item number"

snip

HRGMann has the right stock keeping number, 81-0005. If they can't look that up here are the UPCs:

699788727423 - Ray/Stay-Puft

699788727430 - Winston/Zombie Taxi

699788727447 - Lab Egon/Jogger

699788727454 - Peter/Energized Puppy

699788727461 - Tully/Slimer

I just had to respond. All that color in your post... I couldn't help myself. It was obvious your question was of the utmost importance. It had to be answered or the consequence would be dire. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave!

snip

HRGMann has the right stock keeping number, 81-0005. If they can't look that up here are the UPCs:

699788727423 - Ray/Stay-Puft

699788727430 - Winston/Zombie Taxi

699788727447 - Lab Egon/Jogger

699788727454 - Peter/Energized Puppy

699788727461 - Tully/Slimer

I just had to respond. All that color in your post... I couldn't help myself. It was obvious your question was of the utmost importance. It had to be answered or the consequence would be dire. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave!

I agree completely. Hell just might have frozen over. The way i saw it, there were two options:

a) Someone replied with an answer and saved Hell.

B) You could have just gotten them from TRU's site!!! <_<

Not trying to start anything, but this is ONE thing that TRU does right; they list ALL ITEMS with UPCs/Item #s/SKUs!!!

Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling! Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes... The dead rising from the grave!

Cat and dogs living together... Mass hysteria!

(had to be said.) :whistling: