UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

secret invasion pics

Glantern

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmm..i just thought of something that i forgot i planned on doing.

Anyone else going to use an extra Jeanie for a Dark Phoenix?? I bought the set for her (not her SI version) and think a Dark would look neat. am i the only one with plans for this??

I wuld except there already is a Dark Phoenix and I have that one.

I like this set. Sure, there are a few things that need fixing:

• Beast's skrull paints (the green) shows to much when he's in "Beast" mode.
  • The spare skrull heads are near impossible to pop on other minimate bodies.

On the upside, there are some great improvements:

• Wolverine's new claws are spot on compared to previous versions.
  • Wolvie's newly sculpted boots are much improved on the original. Not so clunky.
  • Both Jewel and Pheonix's hair pieces are welcomed new sculpts that can probably be used for future uses.

This is easily my favourite box set since Giant Size -- no throwaway mates for me, though I know a lot of you guys didn't want the Jewel (go read Alias and you will!)...

Accessories would've been nice, but we've had so many flame bases shoved into every Iron Man box recently, it's not like they're hard to get ahold of, and the others aren't really missing anything obvious. Didn't even notice the bit of green on Beast (was too busy painting him some black X-Men briefs), but there were some dodgy paint apps on the Wolvie masks in all the sets I saw (the black bleeding over/under the lines)...

The only real problem I had was the price, which seemed a bit crazy high, but still worth it.

I'm buying it only for Jewel, but have to say I do like the way they did Wolverine's boots as opposed to earlier overboot style.

I'll happily take the rest off your hands :P

(for trade or sale of course)

*sigh* My wallet is gonna kill me.

First thoughts:

-The box has got some wacky colors... I would've figured it'd have a more sedate color scheme or something. Love that nice touch with the tagline though... "HE LOVES YOU" Mwahahahahahahahaha!!!!

-I'm real happy for all the guys who are finally getting that definitive Beast they wanted, but oddly there's just something about him that seems awfully meh to me.

-That Phoenix is a hottie (no pun intended)! Interesting facial expression... costume is nice, simple yet flashy... I should probably keep a running count of all those Minimates with those sweet metallic paint jobs or something.

-Jewel's hair looks bigger than I thought, but she's still a sweet-looking character to get in minimate form. Still can't help but echo the sentiments of those boardies who would've wanted Mockingbird instead though.

-Ugh, I HATE Wolverine's mask. Looked a bit better in the proto pics IMO. Guess I'll just wait and hope the Wave 27 version fares much better.

-I foresee a lot of fun to be had with those extra skrull heads...

All in all, I'm kind-of on the fence with this set. But heck, I'll probably get it anyway just because of the prospect of more female characters... and just because they're Minimates :)

*sigh* My wallet is gonna kill me.

. . .

All in all, I'm kind-of on the fence with this set. But heck, I'll probably get it anyway just because of the prospect of more female characters... and just because they're Minimates :)

I agree - i'm always keen for more girls! So i'll be buying this set one way or another. For some reason Distribution of MiniMates is a messy business here in Australia, so i think i'll have to pick em up on eBay - but this is one set i wont miss out on. That Phoenix looks Great! and i want a non-cat Beast for my display too!

I think these look great (besides the poorly executed "Skrull-face" showing under hair-pieces)! I guess my only real complaint is that I wish I had Skrull bodies and ear/caps to go with all of these Skrull heads for a more classic look (too bad I don't have 8 Super Skrulls!). Still, I can't wait to finally add these to my collection. Thanks for the pic.s!

Oh ya, I just wanted to add, Wolverine's new shoulder pads rock. They work so well. They are not attached to a bulky chest piece and the arms have the same amount of "freedom of movement" as a regular minimate. Can't wait to see the same thing on the upcoming Ironman minimates.

Edited by MINI_MYTE