• Replies 610
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, if you look at the breakdown of the figures, it says:

1x T-800 & Terminator Endoskeleton

1x Battle Damaged T-800 & T-1000

1x Flashback Terminator & Kyle Reese

Weird, as I was sure that Reese was supposed to be the variant. In any case, I'm actually fine with this. I'm much more a T1 fan than a T2 fan, and I would like to have Sarah Connor, but would be more distressed over not getting the "Flashback Terminator" pack.

But this still doesn't seem right at all to me. No variant at all? Maybe they calculated that the woman wouldn't sell as well as an extra few Arnold figures per case. . .

No! NonononononononononononononononononononoNO!!!!

Okay, I can see why they decided to take a pack out of the lineup (*sigh*

the recession

knows no bounds). Still, Sarah and John have got to be the most bad-ass civilian Minimates ever (even more bad-ass than that sourpuss Jack Bauer), and I was actually anticipating these. Come on, how often do you get a nineties-era grunge Minimate?

PleaseletDSTreleasethempleaseletDSTreleasethempleaseletDSTreleasethem...

Huh, that is weird news. It is rather bizarre to have a "T2" series without the two main protagonists (Sara and John), surely they're being worked into another set/series (box set perhaps?). Personally, I think that these would have made better box sets (one for each movie) + a "future war" display dumper with various endoskeletons, resistance fighters, and a ltd. future John. Throw in a few 2-pack exclusives (where applicable) to cover character variations. This would have seemed a more practical approach IMHO.

If Sarah and young John have been pulled due to a likeness licensing issues, couldn't DST/AA just make 'em look a little more generic. If I'm not mistaken, they did this with the Marty McFly minimates.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I spoke with my LCS today and they could find nothing about a change in line up. Any information about the assortment of wave 1 they could find matches the original line up. It appears that BBTS is the only store so far to have updated/changed their pairings. Hopefully this is a mistake or something. I was really looking forward to the original line up.

So.... does this mean Kyle Reese will be the variant in the comic book store case releases again then? And might I say, that the final battle T-800 looks hot (sorry for the pun). Can't wait to get 'em.

Okay, that makes no sense. TRU is only carrying the two sets with the T-800? Not a civvie in sight?

Anyways that final proto pic of the final battle T-800 looks good. Still think they should carry at least 3 packs on retail (make up your minds, John/Sarah or the Kyle Reese variant? Or are TRU customers gonna be stuck with a whole load of Ahhnuld?)

And it looks like the SWAT officer/Arnold set are a TRU exclusive.

What makes you say that?

EDIT: Never mind, I just read the individual description at the link.

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I am pretty pumped to see that they are not just doing the Marvel ones in mass market stores. I love that they are doing Terminator minimates to begin with so this is just awesomeness in a box! and these tru exclusives haven't been really hard to get thanks to the great guys around here!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Over on DST's mainpage there is an article about the Terminator products they are doing including the line up change....they say that yes there Reese pack is a specialty store set while the swat member is the tru set....the John, Sarah and Flashback Terminator mates have been pushed back to 'future waves'...I personally hope they still get made....plus there is a shot of the Biker T-800which is another new addition to the line....nice to see them clear this up for us!

Jeff of the Miniacs