New Q&A stuff from AA's site

Reideen1313

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Something about "biting the hand that feeds you..." :glare:

Are you talking about Chuck or the people in this thread? :lol:

I'm with Timbo on this one ... take these Q&As for what they are. People tend to get very hot and demanding ... just because Chuck can't fully answer someone's question, doesn't mean DST is not working on it. He could come out and make a bunch of wild promises, but then people would be on his back when he can't follow through with it. He tries to give us as much info as he can ... I can understand why he would want to be conservative with some of the info.

Besides, go easy on him: he gave a shout out to stuckakid.com as a good place to shop for 'mates! BIG :D !!!!!!!

Besides, go easy on him: he gave a shout out to stuckakid.com as a good place to shop for 'mates! BIG :D !!!!!!!

heheheh this did make me smile, Stuckakid has been very quiet lately and people forget you guys have been around for a loooooong time!

Also cool that Chuck gave a shout out to Pat at AFX who have supported this line far more than most of you would believe through good times and bad and despite the occasional shipping grumbles are IMO one of the best online retailers out there & hardcore minimate fans.

I guess I should also mention that Lukestoystore is a great place to pick up minimates or he'll castigate me in the staffroom ;)

T.

heheheh this did make me smile, Stuckakid has been very quiet lately and people forget you guys have been around for a loooooong time!

Also cool that Chuck gave a shout out to Pat at AFX who have supported this line far more than most of you would believe through good times and bad and despite the occasional shipping grumbles are IMO one of the best online retailers out there & hardcore minimate fans.

I guess I should also mention that Lukestoystore is a great place to pick up minimates or he'll castigate me in the staffroom ;)

T.

Luke has a toystore???

where have I been???????????

Wow, my "Marshmallow Peter Hair" question got answered TWICE now. I only asked once but it got featured in TWO Q&A's which makes me seem like the crazy one.

I assume they just scanned it last time and thought I wrote "Peck" instead of "Peter" (I guess the words are interchangeable in some context) so the "there just MIGHT be something like that..." answer was hinting at that awful Glob Wig. This time I got the answer which sounds like it boils down to "probably not" (at least that's what I take "we looked into it and it's something we're considering) which is fine.

it's like this was the "kick everyone's ideas down" Q&A" where everything is being considered or looked into or not possible or at best a "maybe" (the only positives seemed to be Iron Man 2 and the new wave being in TRU now) so my question had to be readdressed just so it could get a more definitive "maybe... but probably not" answer.

Something about "biting the hand that feeds you..." :glare:

Are you talking about Chuck or the people in this thread? :lol:

The latter. No Q&A from a toy company is going to answer everyone's questions to 100% satisfaction. I think Chuck and the gang make a forthright effort to reveal what they can, and it kind of sucks when they get bashed for it.

Chuck's said he tries to honestly answer every query that comes in as honestly and fully as he can – if he has to give a "non answer" because of a contractual obligation, or whatever reason, he still gives that person a genuine (if unsatisfying) shout out.

Just skipping unanswerable questions would result in: "I've asked the same question about Kang for the last ten Q&As and haven't been answered! If they're going to disrespect the fans by ignoring us, they shouldn't even do a Q&A in the first place! RAAAAGE!!!"

Or what if they played it really safe and killed Q&As altogether? "How come other toy companies have the decency to do a Q&A and DST doesn't? If they're going to disrespect the fans by refusing to release any information at all, they shouldn't even be in business! RAAAAGE!!!"

So, it's basically a lose-lose-lose for them.

Edited by Lobsterman

I am well aware that Chuck is required to be cagey in his answers, and that a good deal of reading between the lines is neccessary. And in the past I've praised Chuck for trying to honestly answer the questions chosen.

There just wasn't much to this round, or at least nothing that hasn't been said elsewhere. And a whole lot of words to say "I can't say". I'm sorry it reminded me more of a Hasbro Q & A than a DST one. Maybe it was the questions selected, and maybe those were the best he got this round, I don't know.

It's not meant as an assualt on Chuck's honesty or willingness to still be available to talk to answer questions. Just my opinion.

It wasn' meant to nibble any feeding fingers.

I think we got a lot of positive responses out of this round.

They are sick of hearing about kang. Hopefully this means they don't want to hear about him anymore and the best way to stop that would be to produce him!

i agree with fwoosheyman: Songbird will come 'in due time' - again, promising.

Jubilee has been talked about a lot - more talk means more likely to be made.

These are all figures that i want & it seems they are open to making them, so i'm quite chuffed with this issue of Ask DST.

also - ideas regarding the tooling for six-armed figures?!?!?! Say Wha???? I needs me a Spiral. And a Doppleganger is ONE Spidey varient that i would NOT gripe about!

Here's hoping Chuck actually lets Robert give it a go!!!

Keep the faith 'Mates :)

Edited by Nessex

Unfortunately, even with so simple a task, Kang would bungle his way toward failure as usual.
that is the beauty of a time traveling despot...screw it up, go back and start over.

Everytime he screws up, he goes back and tries again. The more he screws up, the more times he appears in a timeline. Why - eventually there'd be an Army of Kangs . . .

Perhaps DST is saving Kang for the next builder figure? :P

• 4 weeks later...

New Q&A is up. I thought that this answer in reference to the miniflyers was interesting.

"..... sales on the BSG wave has been soft but we’re going to give it one more shot because we think the idea has legs and it’s important to the growth of the line."

Does it mean that there is something in the pipe for later that concerns vehicles (not talking about those that are announced already) or could DST be thinking that if the vehicles don't take off that Minimate may have gone as far as they can? This is all purely conjecture and opinion but interesting, no?

New Q&A is up. I thought that this answer in reference to the miniflyers was interesting.

"..... sales on the BSG wave has been soft but we’re going to give it one more shot because we think the idea has legs and it’s important to the growth of the line."

Does it mean that there is something in the pipe for later that concerns vehicles (not talking about those that are announced already) or could DST be thinking that if the vehicles don't take off that Minimate may have gone as far as they can? This is all purely conjecture and opinion but interesting, no?

What I found confusing is that his response is to the question about more Miniflyers...specifically BSG. Chuck answers, "yes there will be at least one more wave", but does he mean BSG specifically will be getting one more wave or just Miniflyers in general (the Delorian etc. that were recently announced)? He makes it sound like they're giving BSG "another shot" despite "soft-sales", but he then goes on to say that the BSG MM line is done...or was he just referring to the figures by themselves?!? I so hope that I'm not misinterpreting this and that there truly will be another BSG MF wave. As much as I'll always be a tiny bit sad about the disappearance of the original "classic" flyers, I think the release of a MK II Viper would provide enough closure for me on this line (and I could then move on to new things to whine about! :lol: ).

I am a bit confused about the T2 question. Is there still a TRU series 2 exclusive since it's on the checklist? I'm assuming from what Chuck said and what someone else said here a couple months ago that they shipped to TRU, but they're not selling them yet. Which makes no sense.

Gasp! I wonder what the "new video game deal" is! :ohmy:

(Of course they could just be talking about the Ghostbusters game boxset... but still!)

And it's pretty funny that they still haven't properly answered what that rectangular thing from the Silence Of The Lambs set is yet :lol:

Gasp! I wonder what the "new video game deal" is! :ohmy:

(Of course they could just be talking about the Ghostbusters game boxset... but still!)

My (huge) hope is for Mortal Kombat. Actually, my hope is that it's a game I'll have actually played and liked (since I'll buy the regardless of what it is). But MK is one of the only games that keeps coming up on Q&As and hopefully that shows a healthy interest from fans.