UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

24 minimates cancelled!!

What is a shame is that I lookked at the MMHQ "end of Days" picture about the cancellation, and realized that Jack Bauer's face would have been perfect to make Johnny from the Shining. Just missing a fireman's axe and typewriter

http://minimatesheadquarters.com/

the firemans axe was to be in the end of day three 2-pack which has also been pulled

have to say...it hurts a little bit everytime another line of mates gets shelved

Jeff of the Miniacs

Too true, any Minimate demise hurts us all. My sympathies go out (sincerely) to all fans that were eagerly anticipating these. While I'm not a huge 24 fan, the first boxset did allow me to successfully customize a few missing Classic BSG characters (Tigh, Athena, and Cassiopeia) and I thank DST for that. I had pre-ordered the others too as there were some great "custom fodder" parts to be had. Darn shame. :(

• 9 months later...
  • Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

24 went out with a whimper...I seriously can not remember any fan fare or threats of "well I am done with minimates" when these disappeared....

Its pretty simple--the 24 license lacks the "geek" support of a Battlestar Galactica. Personally, I like 24 more than BSG, and I like the Minimates more too (I, also, wish we could have gotten a Chloe :( ). But I think it is my soft spot for infallible bad-asses like Walker, Texas Ranger, Jason Bourne, James Bond, Steven Seagal (the only infallible "real human" of the bunch), and Jack Bauer.

Also, I love how quickly and frequently the folks on 24 resort to torture, and how easy it is for Jack to convince various people that it is the only way. After experiencing Jack for only a couple of episodes this season, the first instinct for this FBI woman, when trying to get information from an assassin in the hospital, was

torture

. But damn if it doesn't work every time. God bless 24.

"Every time you work for the U.S. government, you are spitting on Teri's grave!" Awesome.

Edited by karamazov80

I didn't think 24 mates were officially cancelled, but that they were put on hold because of the lack of the show on air due to the writers strike.

I wasn't real excited about this new season, but have really enjoyed it so far. I think there just being such a gap in seasons made me forget how much I liked it. Maybe that kind of thinking will work for Minimates too.

After experiencing Jack for only a couple of episodes this season, the first instinct for this FBI woman, when trying to get information from an assassin in the hospital, was

torture

Yeah, dude, she's totally hot for Jack. She's going to tie him up and get fah-reeky when she catches him... :)

• 5 years later...

I hate to resurrect a dead thread, and couldn't find an all-encompassing 24 thread (there were zero search results for "24", despite a manual search showing more than a few threads with "24" in the title), but...

I just started watching the show on Netflix. I'm at Noon-1pm in season 2.

And I'm realizing that Michelle Forbes, who plays the president's advisor Lynne Kresge, was Helena Cain in Battlestar Galactica (the differing hairstyles kept me from noticing it right away, but I did finally come to that conclusion without having to look it up online).

Helena Cain, who we got as a Minimate.

Please tell me I'm not the first person to think up using Cain's head for a Lynne quick custom for their 24 collection (small as it may be :( )...

I hate to resurrect a dead thread, and couldn't find an all-encompassing 24 thread (there were zero search results for "24", despite a manual search showing more than a few threads with "24" in the title), but...

And I'm realizing that Michelle Forbes, who plays the president's advisor Lynne Kresge, was Helena Cain in Battlestar Galactica (the differing hairstyles kept me from noticing it right away, but I did finally come to that conclusion without having to look it up online).

Please tell me I'm not the first person to think up using Cain's head for a Lynne quick custom for their 24 collection (small as it may be sad.png )...

You're not...

Also I was looking at these earlier and they are going to end up as one of those forgotten minimate lines, but were pretty cool IMO.

T.

Please tell me I'm not the first person to think up using Cain's head for a Lynne quick custom for their 24 collection (small as it may be sad.png )...

You're not...

Also I was looking at these earlier and they are going to end up as one of those forgotten minimate lines, but were pretty cool IMO.

T.

*sigh* I really don't like this new quoting system...can't edit out stuff to save post space...

Anyways, I was gonna say I agree that they're pretty cool. I've always liked them all this time, even never having seen a single episode, lol.

I'm glad I'm a Minimate completist in cases like this (or BSG - I had all of them before watching the series). It would suck to have to go back and play catch up.

When '24' initially showed on TV I never watched it but had pre-ordered the DVD set which arrived a day or so after its release & the last episode had aired .......I watched the entire series in a weekend which might not get me into Guinness but was pretty odd even for me ! I loved it but like so many good shows it drifted after about Series 4 & I quit. Also, like Tenime I had never seen an episode of BSG although I had everything that had been produced .....same'll almost be the way for View Askew .....I've seen Dogma . 24 ,great line ? No not for me... but it still has a place in my heart as do the Suncoast FYE 'gurney' sets which became one of my earliest .....er.... compulsions blush.png .....

BHM, you're definitely correct; while seasons two and three of 24 were, in my opinion, among the more entertaining seasons of television for any show, it did start going off the rails with season four. Five through seven were increasingly dull, with the "oh no, the world is going to blow up" novelty wearing thin, but the show quietly redeemed itself with a surprisingly subtle and well-scripted season eight.

Gah… I remember being so upset about not getting Chloe when the season three box set was cancelled. We finally have that laptop piece… maybe it's time to think about a quick custom...

Funny, I think season 4 is also around the place I started losing interest, and stopped watching.

TENIME, click the little thing that looks like a light switch on the top left hand side of the post box, and you can more easily manipulate the quotes, etc.

You're not...

T.

*sigh* I really don't like this new quoting system...can't edit out stuff to save post space...

Yeah you can. Just turn off the little switch and it puts it back into raw code. [/Yeah baby!]

Edited by TM2 Dinobot

I've always maintained that 24's odd seasons (meaning 1,3,5,7) were better then the even ones. Now, obviously, season 7 wasn't as good as season 2, but it was loads better then season 6 or season 8. I've always thought season 3 was the high point.

As far as the Minimates go, the only one I still have is Jack Bauer; I'm afraid everyone else ended up as custom fodder. Jack's still cool, though. Great likeness. He also makes for a fine John Constantine custom.