UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

I've been MUGGed!

Reideen1313

One more month, and I've officially been Mugged!!!!

mightymuggs003.jpg

Looks very similar to my experience with Minimates :)

I don't see the SDCC Iron Man. Did you get him? I got mine in the mail today--very cool. However, apart from size and price, I don't like the fact that, with 3 points of articulation, these Muggs are basically just statues.

• Replies 565
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have ordered the Iron Man (movie version) from ebay, and Commander Gree and the Fertility Idol from Hasbro. I'm still missing a few of the regular releases also, but I'll get them in time.

I agree with you that the articulation sucks. I would have liked having some kind of leg articulation. Poses are extremely limited with these. Still, they are made from 100% recycled awesome. And if you don't believe me, just look on the package. :D

I just got back from a Walmart I usually don't go to a whole lot and they had Thor (whoo hoo!!!!) They had mostly Ghost Rider one or two Black Spidermen, and a Doc Oc or two. Now I just need to hunt down Hulk and Thing....

Edited by Fo Shizzle

I've noticed how some people earlier on said they weren't going to get into these but ended up doing it anyway, and I came across this post.

I almost bought the Darth Vader last night, but I decided on a Rebel troop LEGO battle pack instead. Still, I might eventually get the Vader one just for kicks. I won't be buying any of the other ones, though.

It was only a day or two after that when I bought Vader. I stayed true to the course and didn't buy any more until about a month ago when I bought Indiana Jones. 3 more weeks after that, and I couldn't resist them anymore. I fought them off for almost 8 months!! That's pretty good for me. :D

I've noticed how some people earlier on said they weren't going to get into these but ended up doing it anyway, and I came across this post.

Fortunately, my finances don't really allow me to buy any more than I already have (I've got 2 of them), otherwise I could easily see myself buying a number of these things, and then desperately trying to find a place to display/store them.

(note: my avatar was me in better days :( )

Edited by karamazov80

So, I have had this on my mind for a short time, does anybody else feel that Hasbro is missing a good true fantasy line for their Mighty Muggs line? I was thinking about what they would do with the licenses they currently control and I could see either Magic the Gathering (which would be cool but would completely bomb unless they had an exclusive trading card with each one) or the classic game D&D.

D&D would work very as Mighty Muggs. They have a rich history of stories with some classic characters (Drizzt anyone?) Anyway, if not fantasy, it will be interesting to see what line Hasbro turns into Mighty Muggs next.

:blush:

Edited by pickle

So, I have had this on my mind for a short time, does anybody else feel that Hasbro is missing a good true fantasy line for their Mighty Muggs line? I was thinking about what they would do with the licenses they currently control and I could see either Magic the Gathering (which would be cool but would completely bomb unless they had an exclusive trading card with each one) or the classic game D&D.

D&D would work very as Mighty Muggs. They have a rich history of stories with some classic characters (Drizzt anyone?) Anyway, if not fantasy, it will be interesting to see what line Hasbro turns into Mighty Muggs next.

Fantasy? You want fantasy? I have but one thing to say to you:

LORD OF THE RINGS!

If you want a rich fantasy rife with army builders and with fun strange characters, there you go. It don't get much better than LOTR. It's something everybody knows about somewhat (I personally know nothing about D&D) and it has a lot of story to muggify. Hell, you don't even have to do the movie, base it off of the books. Then you can get into the Hobbit and book of lost tales and such. Who else agrees with me?

http://www.marvel.com/news/toystories.4453

here is a nice write up about the marvel ones, and it includes some definate list pics.

Yeah and go one story over andyou'll see Iron Monger about to kill Joe Quesada! Hilarious! And it shows how big Monger really was. Big SOB!

Fantasy? You want fantasy? I have but one thing to say to you:

LORD OF THE RINGS!

If you want a rich fantasy rife with army builders and with fun strange characters, there you go. It don't get much better than LOTR. It's something everybody knows about somewhat (I personally know nothing about D&D) and it has a lot of story to muggify. Hell, you don't even have to do the movie, base it off of the books. Then you can get into the Hobbit and book of lost tales and such. Who else agrees with me?

I agree LOTR would be awesome, but Hasbro does not have the rights to make LOTR. My statement was made based on what Hasbro can do as of right now. I like your enthusiasm though, hopefully hasbro will do the Hobbit, then we will mos def see Mighty Muggs based on LOTR.

Well... I've been avaoiding these due to the size and a major need to cut back on spending... however a very kind (and perhaps evil) soul sent me the SDCC IronMan muggs and I have to say it's damn cool!!

Now I think I might have to get the regular Iron man too... please don't let this become and addiction I cant afford it!!

T.

Well... I've been avaoiding these due to the size and a major need to cut back on spending... however a very kind (and perhaps evil) soul sent me the SDCC IronMan muggs and I have to say it's damn cool!!

Now I think I might have to get the regular Iron man too... please don't let this become and addiction I cant afford it!!

T.

Dude your doomed! if your into iron man you have the classic iron man coming up as well :)

admit it it will start with iron man and it will just spread. Embrace the inevitable and start picking up the older waves :D

Thanks for posting, MiniFiend. I'm really impressed with those, especially Satipo. He's very recognizable, considering his 'costume' is just a grubby, sweaty guy.

• 3 weeks later...

Just seen pictures of the new wave six vader on a muggs forum and its got to be one of the best muggs released so far.

The head is painted front and back so you can have masked or unmasked vader and it has a removable hand like the the luke figure released in an earlier wave. I'm not a SW muggs collecter but it is a cool mugg.

• 2 weeks later...