UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Transformers Minimates!

So when they inevitably release the Dinobots do you think they will release them all together (minus one) or will they be spread out through numerous waves? I wouldn't mind seeing 2 Dinobots and 2 Constructicons per package in a few waves. Maybe release Grimlock in a wave and then the other four in another wave. I'm pretty sure there were five Dinobots. I had a bit too much whiskey to be bothered to use good ol google to look it up tonite though.

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Dinobot question I have is will they release as bot or Dino?

Obviously for most of these guys there’s really no question about it. They release as the robot who was once in disguise but does anyone really care what Grimlock actually looks like? He’s a T-Rex. 
That being said, I’d like a four pack of Dinobots with Grimlock as one of them and put someone else in the waves. Grimlock can be the Big Anchor Character of that set. 
Or make the pterodactyl an accessory. 

… speaking of accessories, I wonder how Soundwave’s tape buddies will be handled. 

Looks like Entertainment Earth's shipment made it to them, they get theirs independently of our warehouse. And they distribute to a lot of retailers. 

You can see they have them in stock here:

Minimates - Entertainment Earth

They also still have the glow-in-the-dark pirate ship, which is amazing. 

I believe we should get ours soon, and therefore Luke.

Edited by DSTZach

51 minutes ago, luke314pi said:

On our ship list for next week. ?

Awesome news. I can't recall if I ordered these with the G.I Joe Minimates or placed a separate order for these. I know I got excited when these and G.I. Joe were revealed and I ended up placing a few orders. If I did place an order for these and the G.I Joe Minimates together do I have to wait for The G.I. Joe ones to arrive before you ship the Transformers ones Luke?

8 hours ago, THE_CRIPPLER said:

Awesome news. I can't recall if I ordered these with the G.I Joe Minimates or placed a separate order for these. I know I got excited when these and G.I. Joe were revealed and I ended up placing a few orders. If I did place an order for these and the G.I Joe Minimates together do I have to wait for The G.I. Joe ones to arrive before you ship the Transformers ones Luke?

Yes in that case we would hold these and ship them together. If you would prefer them to ship separately just shoot me an email - sometimes a bit more shipping fees are needed. 

1 hour ago, Strider said:

I wonder if they will release him in Dino form later since he spends a good amount of time transformed. Might be neat to have some minimate dinos.

It's funny. I'd prefer everyone in robot mode except the dinobots. I'd rather have them transformed for some reason.

Got the 1st box set today and they are quite nice. Packaging is very sharp as well. I did find that Optimus looks better with Bee’s face underneath the helmet. The eyes are better proportioned and it gives him his nose ridge. 

I’m curious why they changed from animation colors to metallics. Did hasbro demand the change or did DST change it? Either way is fine with me as long as it’s consistent. 

3 hours ago, elhonez said:

...these look like 3D-printed mockups with crude paint & decals.

Ease up, mate - they look great.

3 hours ago, DSTZach said:

A painter who was once a respected member of this forum painstakingly hand-painted those 2-inch prototypes. 

Still very much respected (if it's who I think it is). I owe a large part of my collection to that legend ❤️ 

I stand by my analysis. These don't look like production-quality samples. And that's not meant to be a dig.

I was, though, perhaps being a bit uncharitable about the paint. I should clarify that the detail is fantastic (especially at this scale, thanks Zac), I'm just observing that it's apparent that they are hand painted rather than factory painted. Like the black on Grimlock seeming to have tiny air bubbles.

I originally thought the bumps on Grimlock's "wings" were that shiny diamond-dust looking residue from some 3D printer resins, but on closer examination they are also air bubbles?

"Crude" was itself a crude word to use to describe what I was trying to communicate, so my apologies for offending with my poor word choice.