UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Recommended Posts

Nice!  I'm glad to see an army builder set that people are excited about.  Hopefully they sell well and this is something that we can get more of in the future!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Awesome exclusive!  I preordered the wave and the Madrox set.  I haven't been this excited for Minimates since I can't remember when.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, hellpop said:

Ugh, the complaining....

Very cool sets. Glad you were able to get an exclusive Luke!

Complaining about complaining is still complaining.

And just because someone’s opinion isn’t positive does not mean that it isn’t valid

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’ve never read X-Factor, but I bought a set with the Multiple Man pack to support the army builder exclusive. Such a great idea.

I didn’t go overboard, but I may buy more in the future if there are any left over.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hope this exclusive sells out quickly! I am so excited for these figures!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, AFMcGill said:

Asking about the possibility of alt arms isn't complaining...

I’ll be surprised if there’s room for extra arms. We may have to resort to borrowing a pair from Polaris. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Swarm198 said:

Complaining about complaining is still complaining.

And just because someone’s opinion isn’t positive does not mean that it isn’t valid

Wow dude, you sure put me in my place. :rolleyes:

Saying things like "I don't like these pairings so I'm not buying them" adds nothing to the conversation. But sure, if you want Minimates to die, keep nitpicking.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 minutes ago, hellpop said:

Saying things like "I don't like these pairings so I'm not buying them" adds nothing to the conversation. But sure, if you want Minimates to die, keep nitpicking.

It adds about as much as passive aggressive whining about those comments. There is actually a worthwhile conversation that could be had about perceived value per pack or in the wave as a whole that goes far beyond "nitpicking", so why not discuss it? Personally I think buying a two-pack to get one character is pretty much the standard a minimate collector should expect for value but I can understand why others might feel differently. The build-a-minimate approach changes that too since each individual character is likely losing a little bit of value to make up for the extra figure. DST also chose to pack this wave in a way that would maximize their sales but also force people to buy two different teams which could obviously be a source of frustration for some, though I'm a little surprised anyone would want one half of the wave and not the other. Still, any fan ought to be able to express their opinion about what they want to buy without "you're killing the line!" nonsense.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just realized that we now have no news to look forward to until SDCC...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, stack32 said:

..... any fan ought to be able to express their opinion about what they want to buy without "you're killing the line!" nonsense.

Abso-fuckin-lutely!

 

if you're looking to blame anyone for the decline/killing of the line look no further than DST themselves, and its easy to put  it all on the loss of Toysrus but Dst has to take the blame for that by putting all (or most) of their eggs in one basket

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, stack32 said:

It adds about as much as passive aggressive whining about those comments. There is actually a worthwhile conversation that could be had about perceived value per pack or in the wave as a whole that goes far beyond "nitpicking", so why not discuss it? Personally I think buying a two-pack to get one character is pretty much the standard a minimate collector should expect for value but I can understand why others might feel differently. The build-a-minimate approach changes that too since each individual character is likely losing a little bit of value to make up for the extra figure. DST also chose to pack this wave in a way that would maximize their sales but also force people to buy two different teams which could obviously be a source of frustration for some, though I'm a little surprised anyone would want one half of the wave and not the other. Still, any fan ought to be able to express their opinion about what they want to buy without "you're killing the line!" nonsense.

I get what you’re saying and no one is saying you can’t have an opinion and voice said opinion. I think the point that @hellpop was making is that there’s a whole lot of negativity in almost every thread. It’s been kind of a bummer, and any time someone says that the atmosphere is negative they get a comment about complaining about complaining. Everyone is entitled to their opinion, even if the opinion isn’t popular. But this is a community. A community of people who share a common passion.  A community should care about everyone’s feelings and not just their own. I try not to shit on someone else’s opinions because I don’t want someone to shit on my opinion. Just some common courtesy goes a long way. If everyone in the world would just be more considerate and treat people how they want to be treated the world would be a much better place. My comments are not directed at any specific person, I have no one in mind during this tirade, it’s a general plea to not let negativity reign supreme and squash someone else’s good time.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I love Peter David's earliest X-Factor issues so I'm very excited to get these. Hopefully I can preorder one of Luke's Jamie 2-packs. I could never get into his post 2000's stuff. I kinda lose interest in the X-Men post-Claremont.

....and then pick it back up again with Joss Whedon. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Freaqualizer said:

...it’s a general plea to not let negativity reign supreme and squash someone else’s good time.  

If people are truly worried about negativity they have one really great option: Post something positive. Make the kinds of comments you want to see instead of worrying about policing other's.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, hellpop said:

Wow dude, you sure put me in my place. :rolleyes:

Saying things like "I don't like these pairings so I'm not buying them" adds nothing to the conversation. But sure, if you want Minimates to die, keep nitpicking.

 
I just want DST to know that I don’t like this method of packaging the waves. I don’t wish them any ill will. I’m not insulting anyone. But MAYBE the next time they are discussing how to package the wave, someone MIGHT say “Yeah, some people don’t like it when we do it that way”. And that’s all I ask.
 
I don’t know if you’ve realized this, but the way they packaged these figures forces me to spend double on a single team that I want and I end up with a handful of figures that I don’t want. I was not planning on buying the set.
 
With that said, I’m a sucker for army building and @luke314pi exclusive set changed my mind because I want to support the army builder two pack idea.
 
The wave looks great. I love minimates. I’m happy for X-Factor fans. But I still think it’s a shitty marketing decision. And considering several people share my opinion and are talking about it, it obviously adds something to the conversation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I can understand not liking that decision, but it's not really a dick move. It's an incentive to buy the whole wave. So is the BaF, which would mean you'd have to get the whole wave for the 90's team anyway, and that's the main incentive.

Wave 60 was the same, one group's members are much more obscure than the other, so packing them together helps to anchor it.

I think I'll probably just get Beast and Wolfsbane, Hank's bigger and more feral-looking than I'd like but I'm glad to get a good classic-ish Beast.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mattallica said:

Abso-fuckin-lutely!

 

if you're looking to blame anyone for the decline/killing of the line look no further than DST themselves, and its easy to put  it all on the loss of Toysrus but Dst has to take the blame for that by putting all (or most) of their eggs in one basket

Can we please remember that they are in Walgreens which is one of the top 20 retail outlets?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

12 hours ago, thereasonsy said:

Can we please remember that they are in Walgreens which is one of the top 20 retail outlets?

That's a pretty weak point considering how hard they are to find at any Walgreens. They may be top 20 in overall sales but that ranking wasn't earned on the merits of how they handle minimates. Their distribution is terrible at best.

To the point of the thread, I ordered a set and the extra Multiple Man 2 pack. I can't wait to see them in September! While I normally don't feel the need for multiple Madrox, having 3 for this grouping of the 90's team feels right. Plus I wanted to support the exclusive 2 pack in hopes of getting more in the future.

Looking forward to more comic waves!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know, back in MY day, an assortment only had seven different Minimates, one of them was a chase figure, and the duplicate wasn’t an army-builder. 

This wave has NINE characters and our favorite retailer is getting a complementary army-builder 2-pack at an affordable price. 

You whipper-snappers are spoiled!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MisterPL said:

You know, back in MY day, an assortment only had seven different Minimates, one of them was a chase figure, and the duplicate wasn’t an army-builder. 

This wave has NINE characters and our favorite retailer is getting a complementary army-builder 2-pack at an affordable price. 

You whipper-snappers are spoiled!

Back in MY day, the chase figure was one-per-case.....uphill.....in snow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ronan The Accuser said:

 

That's a pretty weak point considering how hard they are to find at any Walgreens. They may be top 20 in overall sales but that ranking wasn't earned on the merits of how they handle minimates. Their distribution is terrible at best.

To the point of the thread, I ordered a set and the extra Multiple Man 2 pack. I can't wait to see them in September! While I normally don't feel the need for multiple Madrox, having 3 for this grouping of the 90's team feels right. Plus I wanted to support the exclusive 2 pack in hopes of getting more in the future.

Looking forward to more comic waves!

Look I appreciate that there are distribution problems but I am exhausted with the narrative that minimates are dying. They have had far worse years. This deal with Luke is extremely positive and I really hope it sells out quickly to justify more deals like this in the future. 

I cannot wait for these toys to come out! I have wanted them for years and am thrilled to see them. It’s also the first poseable Jean in her red costume ever! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I came back to see how things are going. Nothing has really changed. Life’s to short to argue over nothing. I hope everyone is well.

 

It was nice to see a few names are still active. Hey PL!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'll be honest, I've never read the X-Factor books, but I just really enjoy the design of the figures and suits. Especially Madrox and Havok! I bought the wave, an extra Havok and Cyclops set, and 2 of the Madrox packs. I'd love to see Luke get army builder two packs. Hasbro started doing army builder packs and I'd really enjoy it if DST continued this! Hydra, AIM, random guards like the Civil War waves would all make great 2 packs.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Does anyone have a pic of Val Cooper in her X-Factor outfit? I'm remembering it as basically just being Polaris' but with Havok's rolled up sleeve arms. Am I remembering right?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...