Gmonkey2k

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Donny B said:

The first few photos are popping up on Facebook

14601055_846080276940_719899866483650616

Who is that at the very top left, next to what looks to be a space armor Spidey?  I recognize him but can't place him.  Ultimate Green Goblin?

Some other non-Minimate items that might be of interest... Super7 is making retro Hellboy figures, which saddens me because I don't like those figures at all, but I will probably still get Hellboy.  And Abe.  And Lobster Johnson.  Maybe not Liz, because she looks really bad.  But my Rocketeer won't be alone any more, I guess.

If anyone collects Pops, the shared NYCC exclusives are in stores now.  I bought Kitty Pride and Killing Joke Joker at Gamestop today, and NBX Behemoth at Hot Topic.  I'm not SAYING I called in sick today to go to the mall and buy Pops, but it did work out that way.  Gamestop didn't look to have all that many of each exclusive, but Hot Topic had a ton.  The Indiana Jones one will be available from the Disney Parks website tomorrow I believe, though I would bet they will sell out in seconds.  I'm not even going to bother trying.

I've not invested on the animated Squadron figs, so at the moment I'm indifferent, but... (kinda)KAINE! And a Bulked-Up Anti-Venom is very, very welcome indeed... But, still, KAINE! With Arm-Blades/Other-Powers. WOO!

I'm bummed about the Watchmen Vinimates, but maybe Minimates will follow...

2 minutes ago, hellpop said:

No surprises here, but everything looks good. But damn, the Netflix stuff look magnificent. Seriously, they look like deluxe mates or something. Maybe it's because more detail is put to them so that they'll look like the actors/actresses, but they're a notch above the comic stuff IMO. I'm also glad Kaine/Anti-venom can easilly pass off as comic versions.

22 minutes ago, youbastards said:

Potentially the best news of the show?  Looks like NBX Series 4 is being solicited as 2-packs instead of blind bags!

Which means either retailers (Hot Topic?) is no longer interested in the brand(s) OR they're open to giving window packaging a try to increase sell-through.

Some real nice stuff on display. Loving the animated stuff but the reall killer is those Watchman Vinmates they just rock. There was me just thinking of getting the Predator an Alien Vinmates an now these an the Beetlejuice looks good as well. Oh my aching credit card!