UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Walgreens interested in Minimates?

• Replies 173
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

This really is good news. Strong chain distribution as well as an online option with free shipping $25+ and a PayPal option. Proto-Boba sold out, but you can still get Agent Venom online with a limit of two. Should be plenty of 'Mates to go around. But should we mark our calendars for September, or take port congestion in account and mark somewhere between mid-October and early November?

Also, if you search Minimates at Walgreens now, it will change it to "mini mates" giving you one result for a vibrator which, looking at the product details, probably does not have mix and match parts.

This could be exciting.

As a mostly Marvel man, i'm anxious that a place like this would only be carrying the 'big names' if they were to stock Marvel minimates. I can't see myself needing more variants on the big 7.

However - if it means new characters that are easier to find than TRU, i;m in :D

And if it helps to grow the brand and get more minimates out there, it'll be a good thing.

If there is port congestion, plan on them turning up right around New Years 2016.

I'm mostly excited about them getting exclusive releases, the buyer is clearly a fan based on his tweets. He revealed tonight that he requested The Owl for a Marvel Legend exclusive, but was denied. How can I not love that level of devotion?

If there is port congestion, plan on them turning up right around New Years 2016.

I'm mostly excited about them getting exclusive releases, the buyer is clearly a fan based on his tweets. He revealed tonight that he requested The Owl for a Marvel Legend exclusive, but was denied. How can I not love that level of devotion?

I will seriously buy any Big 7 character from them in a 2-pack if it's anchoring someone crazy / a total C-lister.

Edited by Nessex

He revealed tonight that he requested The Owl for a Marvel Legend exclusive, but was denied. How can I not love that level of devotion?

I will seriously buy any Big 7 character from them in a 2-pack if it's anchoring someone crazy / a total C-lister.

I'm guessing Walgreens wants a higher pricepoint so they're probably looking at 4-packs.

Hmmm... I know what I'd want.