UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TMNT Minimates - it's official!

They do look cute and fun but the heads are kind of a turn off, since the body from the neck and down is too bulky and the heads too slim looking. Still, I like them and i'll army build the hell out of those ninjas and Krangs but I hope that they either add a sculpted extra head, change the heads to sculpted or release sculpted versions later.

• Replies 3.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did DST blow the budget on all the other sculpted parts and have to cut back on the heads?

I'm surprised the licensor would approve them. They are really bad.

Still everything else in the wave looks excellent. Gotta hope for sculpted heads to be released later.

Damn. After seeing Shredder, Krangs, and Foot Soldiers I was really excited but the turtles themselves are a real let down unless spare sculpted heads are packed in but hidden away so as not to interfere with other licenses.

As it is I really hope the colors are a close enough match to the Lego turtles so that I can bash together a better look.

I wouldn't be surprised if it was Nickelodeon that said the heads couldn't be sculpted. Might have made other licensees nervous. Can't have too much perfection and besides, it's the cylindrical noggins that set Minimates apart from others.

Insert "that's a bingo" GIF here...

They look amazing at the show, the heads aren't my main concern.

I personally don't think that the traditional Minimate head is all that different. These really blew me away. One thing you might not be able to tell from the pictures is that the arms and feet are sculpted. Believe me, there aren't corners cut here. This is going to be a REALLY big line.

Not Horrible(ok the heads are) but compared to shredder and the foot ninjas these are a bit weak.

Agreed. I feel that these should have had fully sculpted heads.

DTS have changed the heads, they were fully sculpted and much better then now.

Zach, can you say why DST did that?

You wouldnt happen to have a pic of them, from before, would you?

I personally don't think that the traditional Minimate head is all that different. These really blew me away. One thing you might not be able to tell from the pictures is that the arms and feet are sculpted. Believe me, there aren't corners cut here. This is going to be a REALLY big line.

Hellpop gets it. I believe that has been said somewhere before.. highfive2.gifyes.gif

I can't wait to see these in person.

i personally think they look fantastic, to be honest my only complaint about the heads is that their eyes are printed on their masks, id love those mask accessories with eye holes to put on other mates

Not Horrible(ok the heads are) but compared to shredder and the foot ninjas these are a bit weak.

Agreed. I feel that these should have had fully sculpted heads.

DTS have changed the heads, they were fully sculpted and much better then now.

Zach, can you say why DST did that?

You wouldnt happen to have a pic of them, from before, would you?

Yep, I have. But like it's unofficial and was at the unauthorized photo area I prefer to get Zach's approval before post anything, I don't want any trouble. A friend only took it because I'm a huge TMNT fan.

i personally think they look fantastic, to be honest my only complaint about the heads is that their eyes are printed on their masks, id love those mask accessories with eye holes to put on other mates

It was mentioned by someone that the Turtles will have eyes under the masks. So if you want to cut the eye holes out, they are there.

I'm hoping they will also have bandanas with pure white eyes to convey the more "down to business ninja" attitude they sport in the show.

After seeing more pics, I'm starting to like them. Those still are prototypes, I guess. Some smaller changes might happen here and there. (The bandanas look a little unfinished in my eyes.)

also, I' m feeling that Leo looks a little different and a little better than the others - at least in the pics and from the given perspective. His proportions look spot on, while especially Raph looks a little too bulked up.

So, Question for the guys having seen them live: are they sculpted differently? Is Leo a slick badass ninja dude and Raph actually wearing a fat suit?