UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Guardians of the Galaxy

Valo487

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Both Nebula & Yondu are meant to be appearing in the film.

I think i already did a sound of of names, but i'm sure we'll be seeing: Groot, Starlord, Gamora, Drax & RR. Assuming RR ends up being a full figure and not an unarticulated accessory-type figure like Snarf, and assuming we get the lead Villain - that leaves only 1 spot in a wave without army builders.

If both TRU & Specialty are doing waves, then there's bound to be some double up. There's usually an overlap of 2 packs (4 figures). I suspect male leads, and figures that require a lot of tooling would end up being the double-ups (Groot, RR, Starlord & Drax). So we'd be looking a total of 12 possibly spots (11 if there's an army builder), which would actually get a fair few characters out.

Having speculated on all this though, is there any confirmation that TRU are going to take these after turning down the Thor 2 wave?

movie:

Starlord (Red Coat/prisoner)

Starlord (GotG Uniform)

Gamora (Prisoner)

Gamora (GotG Uniform)

Drax

Groot

Groot (small tree seedling hopefully)

Rocket Raccoon (Prisoner)

Rocket Raccoon (GotG Uniform)

Ronan the Accuser

Korath the Pursuer

Nebula

Yondu

Nova corpsmen

The Collector

Thanos (maybe)

Rhomann Day

Commander Rael

as for comics: I hope to get at least the 2008 guardians costumes of the films cast (Quill, Gamora, Drax, Rocket and Groot) and comic Ronan and Gladiator because why not :P

Edited by undeadpool

Cast photo, as it seems the thread could benefit from one:

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy_900x506_zps07669

I hope they choose to do Rocket as a Snarf-like figure, it will give us a chance to get more characters and he'd look silly as a regular minimate. I'd also love to have the 2008 comic version of the team, but I'm not optimistic about that given the character selection we've seen lately.

I bet Rocket Raccoon will be a regular sized Minimate.

Just realizing after this, we'll have Stone Cold Steve Austin and Batista Minimates.

If only DST would come to its senses and release that long canceled Rocky 3 set, then we would also have Hogan. And all would be right in the world.

Having speculated on all this though, is there any confirmation that TRU are going to take these after turning down the Thor 2 wave?

Not 100% but Zach said he thought TRU was carrying GotG.

I'll keep you posted on this, as changes may be afoot.

Argh. Your last few comments regarding changes to Marvel mates at TRU have not been encouraging. confused.gif

Agreed. While it would be nice to see another retailer step in and pick up these lines that TRU is passing on, the thought of trying to collect a niche line like Minimates at Target or Wal-Mart makes me cringe.

Too bad there isn't a dedicated online Minimates retailer that would love the chance to jump at carrying some exclusive products... glare.gif

Cast photo, as it seems the thread could benefit from one:

Guardians-of-the-Galaxy_900x506_zps07669

I hope they choose to do Rocket as a Snarf-like figure, it will give us a chance to get more characters and he'd look silly as a regular minimate. I'd also love to have the 2008 comic version of the team, but I'm not optimistic about that given the character selection we've seen lately.

Jacket and Groot? Yes. Green chick and Rocket Raccoon? HELL yes! The other guy... he has shelf warmed every single time he has been released in other lines. I'd hesitate to make him anything other than a variant.

you do realize before this film comes out, no one but comic fans knew who Drax is right?

could be the reason he shelfwarms

i dont think Groot, Rocket, Starlord or Gamora have had many toys either so there isnt real data on them

I feel like I should get an Emmet mini-figure from “the Lego Movie” so he can hang out with the Star-Lord minimate and be buddies.

and maybe throw in a Zero Dark Thirty custom for the hell of it?