UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Captain America: The Winter Soldier minimates

elhonez

• Replies 585
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mass market retailers can impose fines if product doesn't hit as scheduled. Walmart actually has a profit center built around charging such fees to its vendors. (Too Late OR too early.)

But I don't ever recall a specialty market consumer saying, "Nah, the movie came out two whole months ago so I don't want this collectible product anymore." Hell, I saw Star Wars in May 1977 and didn't find the first action figure 'til February 1978. I hear that property did okay.

Mass market retailers can impose fines if product doesn't hit as scheduled. Walmart actually has a profit center built around charging such fees to its vendors. (Too Late OR too early.)

I hope Hasbro got hit hard for not releasing any Transformers Animated toys until two whole seasons had already aired... dry.png

I hope Hasbro got hit hard for the GI Joe Retaliation toy fiasco. The delay wasn't their fault, but the fact that they kept shipping that first wave that no one wanted over and over and over again that just sat on shelves forever pretty much killed any interest in the later waves.

Plus it would serve them right for the Marvel Legends swap figures.

I was browsing at Luke's earlier, and based on his expected release dates, after these we don't have any Marvel waves until we get two in September and ANXM in October. Is this correct? It seems like a long gap then a ton of product drops. I would have guessed we'd get something in late July-early August.

Well, there will be one set out in July.

And we developed them to try to get them out in time for the movie. But things happen. And when a slight delay threatens other things, sometimes those things have to take precedence, i.e. ASM2.

I wish I was kidding but I really do not feel comfortable speaking my mind. I don't like problems with people and don't want to step on toes. i'm here to talk to like minded people about cool toys i enjoy collecting. if i ever say anything to piss anyone off it isn't my intention.

i am bummed that all the minimates are off schedule this year, but only cuz i'm stoked for them, not cuz i want to bash the company. zach seems to be taking my & others comments to seriously. and the person on the DST facebook has been responding to customers very rudely i've been seeing people posting screen caps in other fourms & groups im on in facebook. confused.gif

lets have fun on here people!

I'm only concerned about the schedule where it might concern DST and in this case it doesn't. I'd hate to see DST incur charge-backs for shipping product late but it looks like they've avoided that by pushing this series back a bit in favor of getting ASM2 to TRU on time.

I'll happily collect Minimates of my favorite properties whether they come out weeks before an event or decades later. But I appreciate the mass market need to strike while the iron is hot. Thing is some irons stay hot longer than expected allowing for more opportunities to fully shape a line.

Hey, Rocco, I wasn't angry when I made the movie joke, I was just goofing around. I know that you joke around a lot, and that it's generally good-natured, and I didn't mean for it to come off as the burn it was taken as.

I was serious when I said we tried to be out for the movie -- obviously, that would have been the ideal situation. But when you say the movie's old news, it goes against what you say you're feeling, which is that you still REALLY want the Minimates. The movie breaks records every week, it affected the rest of the season of Agents of SHIELD, and people are leaking pictures of Cap left and right on the set of Age of Ultron. People are still talking about it, and hopefully it won't hurt sales.

No offense intended, Rocco, speak your mind.