UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

new wolverine thru the age set

Dave

whats the wolverine in the middle? and which figure is it an alt. look for?

pretty sure its Wolverine and the X-men, Wolvie, and its an alternate for space suit Wolverine

• Replies 280
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sorry if this has been asked & answered, but does Symobiote Wolverine come with parts to make him completely covered up? Did he ever appear completely Symbiote in the comics?

Yeah he's fully transformed in the comic, but he doesn't come with parts to change him all the way :/

Then I have to question why they bothered including him. I'm not really understanding DST's thought processes on this set.

I would have added weapon x instead of symbiote wolvie tbh. I lik venom wolvie but if he doesn't change all the way then it seems like a missed spot. Also, i don't know why they keep reusing the long mask mold since the one that came with wave 28 wolvie is the best cowl.

Can anybody who reads current Marvel tell me if the spacesuit is from a specific storyline? The only one I know of is the Fatal Attractions suit and this is not that.

I think it was said that this is not from a comic..only from the old ToyBiz X-Men line..which Chuck has fond memories of.

I think it does. Back when it was on display, it had the short mask, the long mask, and the space helmet- a three in one figure( and people are complaining about the transformation Venom). Wolvenom seems like a pretty... silly idea, so I'm glad that DST at least chose to make it visually interesting.

Edit: helmet on display here, pics 7 & 8 http://news.toyark.com/2012/10/11/nycc12-marvel-minimates-6615

Edited by Turtle

I'm a fan of transformation minimates in general, but I'm not sold on Venom Wolverine. I think it needs something else to set it apart from Brood Wolverine, maybe a sculpted tongue? I don't mind parts reuse, but for some reason that's all I can see when I look at this figure.

Edited by stack32

Funny, Venom-Wolvie is the only one in this set that interests me. Different strokes, I guess.

The boots are black, so I guess you could swap out a Venom chest and leg and arm, and take a claw hand from the set's Ultimate Wolvie to make a near-complete Venom-Wolvie.

Space Suit Wolverine better come with that helmet shown at they NYCC pics. Without the helmet, I'll lose interest in him. Hopefully the final helmet will have a transparent facescreen instead of painted like the prototype.

Japan-robed - not one I've been dying to see redone. Maybe I'll change my mind once he's in-hand.

Ultimate Wolvie - what a waste. Unless they plan on redoing the Ultimate line, it kinda sucks to get a new UXM version of only one character. It's well made, don't get me wrong, just not very necessary and not going to fit in with my display very well. This is the one I would have swapped out for Weapon X!

I really would have preferred a different box set. More team builders, a Marvel Now! set to augment what we have, or anything else. Can't wait to see AFX's exclusives, they still have 1 Marvel set and 1 Thundercats set, right?

As long as we're on the subject, what's it look like under Logan's robes? Aside from enough body hair to snap a machete.

i remember seeing control art, i think he comes with extra arms for a shirtless wolverine, i think he may have had a sash belt and arm bands but I could be way off

I'll show the front of the package at some point, of anyone is interested. Clears up most questions.

Umm....*phrasing*!!

We never wondered cut or uncut. smile.png

tobias_funke.jpg

Since this set is a 180 from Alpha Flight, does that constitute a nu start?

That reminds me, the TRU set with Silver Surfer makes an excellent gift for Father’s Day...

because there’s nothing daddy loves more then playing with a two inch Thing!

Of course he might need your help getting his rocks off (to reveal the Ben Grimm figure underneath)

(uck, that was a long way to go for a reference that barely even worked and certainly wasn’t funny... I’ll show myself out... but I’ll still take 3 of the Wolverine sets, they look great)

I think Ultimate Wolverine will fit nicely with the wave 27 minimates. Of course he wont work so well with the wave 3 x-men, but there's still a place for him :)

I'm really into Space Suit logan. I've still got that toy & think the minimate version looks great. Gaijin/robed logan looks pretty darn cool too.

I'm a bit more excited about Venorine now that monkey crumb has pointed out he can be parts-swapped to make an almost entirely black costume.

Over all, this is a pretty decent set.

I'm guessing they decided on mid-transformation Symbiote Wolverine because it makes more sense in a Wolverine boxset. The fully transformed version might've fit better in the Venom set.