UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Strange Tales Box Set

DSTZach

• Replies 420
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My only fault with Morbius is that he should have had hair that looked a bit more like this;

249px-Amazing_Spidy_101.jpg

It looks a little bit too kempt. Or can anyone find a picture where his hair looks kempt like that? Regardless, it's still an amazing, amazing minimate and a must own in my opinion!

No, they're being solicited in Previews, which means they'll be available to all comic shops and specialty stores in the US and Canada (and, I believe, Central/South America, but still not Europe). So pre-order the set with Luke or AFX or EE or BBTS or your nearest LCS (http://www.comicshoplocator.com). Item number is OCT121574, SRP is 19.99.

I will be getting this set as well and have it up for pre-order.Just click the link in my signature!

Thanks for showing the fronts of the prototypes Zach. In all honesty (and speaking on behalf of most members here on the verse), the decal prototypes look so much nicer that the photoshopped ones. It gives one more of a sense of what the final product will look like. Something the photoshopped ones can never do.

Thanks again Zach. :thumbsup:

these all look Fan-Tastic

Morbius and Blade very cool

dont know much about Werewolf.

Strange, I'd like to see black boots or some other part/design unique to the mini. Maybe his blue could be much darker or brighter than the previous release.

and I know DST hates fingers on minis, but Strange has a signature pose.

Instant way to make this Doc a little different: give him the "superhero" mask he wore for a time! Other possibilities are a blue cape, to mimic the look from his early appearances, or blue leggings, to help carry forth the eternal conflict of "blue vs. comic book black"!

Great set Zach and thanks for the tease on here! I arrived a little late to notice but it's that kind of effort that makes this board a great place to be. I'm most excited for Morbius but a full-on 70's style Blade gives me hope we can see a Hypno Hustler someday. Morbius' collar also looks like it could go with another pass at Iron Fist's original v-neck look!

Thanks for showing the fronts of the prototypes Zach. In all honesty (and speaking on behalf of most members here on the verse), the decal prototypes look so much nicer that the photoshopped ones. It gives one more of a sense of what the final product will look like. Something the photoshopped ones can never do.

Yeah, that's almost always the case IMO.

The Morbius, Blade and Dr. Strange have got me excited. Thanks Zach. Thanks a lot!

Thanks again Zach. :thumbsup:

Maybe they look good to you guys, because you know how we make them, but to everyone else, the decals just look sloppy. They already need to be cleaned up a lot, and it's easier to just drop a new face on there.

My only fault with Morbius is that he should have had hair that looked a bit more like this;

249px-Amazing_Spidy_101.jpg

It looks a little bit too kempt. Or can anyone find a picture where his hair looks kempt like that? Regardless, it's still an amazing, amazing minimate and a must own in my opinion!

I have that issue! Check out any issue of Adventure Into Fear (or any internal page in that issue) for a calmer hairstyle.

• 1 month later...

I cannot wait for this box set to arrive. I was a huge fan and collector of the Jack Russell Werewolf by Night series, when I was a young kid. I was also a big fan of the Tomb of Dracula series (where I want to say this minimate version of Blade originated) and of the Monster of Frankenstein series (I first got hooked on them from the classic Power book and record sets).

Too bad they did not make a Tomb of Dracula minimate for this box set.

post-2109-0-67396400-1351405636_thumb.jp

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...