UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Come back youbastards, we miss you.

Ivan

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd assume he still lurks, but he hasn't returned a pm I sent him recently so I dn't know (I know I'm his favorite boardie so surely he wouldn't ignore me). But on the chance he still lurks, I'll keep hurling insults at him in hopes of drawing him out. Of course, that's easy since he has so many faults to make fun of.

Thanks guys, but my future activity here rests primarily on getting a refund of my $1,300 in Kickstarter pledges to Digger's project. I have been actively trying to contact him for several weeks, through multiple emails and PM's, with no success. It's amazing how actively he campaigned to get money, but now can't take the time to reply. He missed his calling as a politician.

I'm very sorry to hear that, YB. I haven't really followed the Agent 88 campaign that closely; did Digger not reach his goal?

I really hope you can work things out with him. It would be a shame to loose you from a community that you've been such a big part of, but I understand that the whole thing might leave a bad taste in your mouth as far as Minimates go.

Yes, challenges...

LOL "They're not as bad as child molesters, but they're close."

I'm very sorry to hear that, YB. I haven't really followed the Agent 88 campaign that closely; did Digger not reach his goal?

He actually exceeded it by $20K or so. But yeah, he mysteriously went dark from the forum here after reaching his goal. Felt like some custom artists I've dealt with before.

I'm not saying he's trying to scam anyone, some of these guys just act like customers/investors are oh, so important while they're trying to get your money. Then once they get it, you're just another nuisance they don't wanna deal with.

Edited by karamazov80

Right, I'm not saying he's trying to scam anyone either, I just decided that the money I invested in "Agent 88", just so I could continue to be a "Minimate completist", would be better used elsewhere. Making that decision was tough, but it also helped me to get over the "gotta catch em all" mindset that I was stuck in, buying them to have them, not really enjoying them. If I can get my money back from Kickstarter (they used Amazon to collect the funds, so I have some hope), then I need to decide to what capacity I will be collecting Minimates from that point forward. Most likely, I will either sell the entire collection and be done with it entirely, or I may just go back to buying only Marvel Minimates. I'm really torn on what I want to do.

A number of factors have contributed to this for me, Digger's Kickstarter project, compounded with lack of consistent Quality Control, compounded with costs involved of maintaining my collecting habits, etc. After the drama in the old eBay thread, I decided I was too emotionally invested in this hobby and the community and decided to back off and re-evaluate what is important to me. Ever since I contributed to Kickstarter, I have regretted it, and (as I am sure many of you can relate to the feeling) maintaining the hobby won out over practicality. There were also a few side projects that I was working on at the time I decided to stop, one being helping BHM with his Price Guide, the other being a Minimate-related personal project that some of you know about. I was neck deep in Minimates, and I think I just hit my limit and needed to step away.

I was neck deep in Minimates

I'm guessing you mean that literally, right?

I think the only way to literally measure our collections would be by fathoms, with BHM being Captain Nemo.

You're way smarter than I am.

Everyone saw that, right?

I can understand the need to step away and reassess. As one of the few people on the board whom I've actually met in person, I hate to see you go, but I wish you the best in your decisions.

Thanks Boyd, you're pretty swell too. :)

There were also a few side projects that I was working on at the time I decided to stop, one being helping BHM with his Price Guide...

Speaking of which, if anyone wants to volunteer to pick up from where I was at with BHM's project, I'm sure he would appreciate it. Please contact him if you have experience with HTML/Web Design/SQL. I have no problems handing over what I have done so far to someone, if he approves.

Hey Yb's

I'm sorry to see you've fallen off the minimate wagon, it's something I've been through a couple of times, most recently for over a year where I didn't have the urge to buy a single minimate. I'd say don't sell off your collection, at some point you might have a change of heart and then realise you have a very steep hill to climb rebuilding it all.

I'm at the stage where I pick up the figures that strike my fancy, rather than everything that gets made, it's a saner cheaper option..

Whatever you decide, don't be a stranger, pop by sometimes and say hi. This place is more than just minimates to a lot of folks & as the guys above have said you'll be missed.

T.