UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Star Trek - Reincarnated from the Genesis Planet!

One is an Alien, "TECHNICALLY"...

O.K., I'm calling SHINANIGANS on Zach for giving us the information in the vaguest way possible...

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, Zach, I will try to hold back my desire to know what Star Trek minimates are coming. I can post my ideas from what you shared and then see what others think.

I would venture to guess that we get Environmental Suit Archer, Locutus of Borg, and different version of Sisko, no Jem'Hadar, no Xindii Reptilian. I would venture we could get Captain Terrell from ST:TWOK with the same Kahn mate; We could get a T'Pol with the EVsuit Archer; We could then get Data with Locutus; We could get the different Sisko with either Bashir or O'Brien. T'Pol or Data could be the "technical" alien. These are just a few of the thoughts I have been having.

Since Zach stated none of the TRU mates are "army builders" it would be a given that the Xindii and Jem'Hadar would not be in the mix. The Borg Queen would also not be an army builder since there was only one of her in the Star Trek Universe. If there Captains get new looks that could be anything really: Picard in captain's jacket, or in dress uniform (white movie version) or as Locutus (which is my choice since we got the Borg Queen); Sisko could be in dress uniform; Archer could be in the away team jacket, or an environmental suit or in the "Desert Crossing" attire. I am sure we will get Captain Terrell with Kahn but Kahn could be how he is after the battle before he dies. (the new look for one of the secondary characters. So if Locutus is the "technical alien", we will then get two new characters to replace the "army builders."

Thank you Zach for what you have shared but I think it is odd how the Specialty Store Legacy Line was already announced and the TRU line can't be announced yet. However, I respect your position enough I will not press for more, but I will be reviewing everyday until I see the news. I CAN'T WAIT!

I'm pretty sure none of the figures will be shared. I think Zach's said that a couple times. Therefore if we do get another KHAN, it won't be the same figure. And I'd be pretty disappointed if we get a battle-damaged version. I'm pretty much KHAN'd out with all the speculation about him being in the next movie. I'd rather see a horta, personally, or even Sybok. [shudder]

So Zach, if you are stating that there will only be about half the same characters but in different outfis, and the other half are different; will we see Janeway or Dr. Carol Marcus or Odo or a Founder? Will we get a Suliban or Data, Worf or another TNG or DS9 Character? When will they announce the TRU line up? Please share at least that bit of info with us? Those of us that got into minimates due to the Star Trek minimates are owed at least that much, please?

I liked the 3" minimates and wished that they would have made the full TOS Crew (at least Uhura, Scotty, Sulu and Chekov) before stopping that line. However, I LOVE the 2" minimate line and I am really happy that DST/AA are finally reviving the line. I have spent several hundred dollars on minimates for parts to make custom Trek figures and I will still purchase any minimates that are Trek even if you make ones I have already made. Now I only wish we would get the battle-ravaged Spock with the Shuttlecraft as well.

I'll post a story once I have pictures, but this series is still a ways off.

For now: three of the Captains will get new looks at TRU. One of the secondary characters will also a new look. None of the secondary characters at TRU are army builders, technically. And only one is an alien, technically.

Kirk and Picard for sure.

Technically speaking, the Borg Queen is both an alien and a kinda-sorta army builder in that while we've only seen one at a time, she's been killed yet regenerated. But does she have "a new look"? If it's her, maybe it's a subtle change.

"Technically" an alien? Data! Or Locutus.

What confuses me is didn't Zach say there were no army-builders in the specialty wave, but then there's the Jem Hadar?

New Look could be Battle Damaged Khan. With open lapelled Red uniform Kirk?

Sisko's probably returning. Doubtful it's Archer.

Janeway for sure as per previous Facebook comment.

Zach, will we at least know by Toy Fair this weekend?

What confuses me is didn't Zach say there were no army-builders in the specialty wave, but then there's the Jem Hadar?

He was replying to my comment that there weren't any duplicates/chase figures in these assortments. There are army-builder characters but only one each per assortment.

If that works for retailers, I'm all for it though I never minded having extras of army builders. This way we get more variety.

I just hope they get made in enough quantities. I don't want another TRU Walking Dead Series 1/LCS Marvel Series 48 issue with Star Trek.

We revealed the specialty wave because we solicit specialty waves to retailers months in advance. TRU has already bought their assortment (I'm not even sure the prorotypes are finished), but there is really no REASON to show them, especially since they don't offer pre-orders.

Not sure they'll be at Toy Fair -- again, no need to show them to other buyers -- but I'm sure we'll show them soon.

Zach, I promised I would not ask anymore about the TRU Star Trek mates, but I was curious if TRU would be getting the Enterprise with Kirk vehicle?

Can you share if there will be more Trek minimate vehicles if the Enterprise is a success?

Janeway for sure as per previous Facebook comment.

Forgive my ignorance here, but what Facebook comment is it that you were referring to? Janeway is the captain I would like to have a minimate of most. It doesn't even matter who she comes packaged with. I'll take her with seven, chakotay, tuvok, paris, torres...oh, man the possibilities are making me dizzy :D Big Voyager fan!

Is it not possible that we'll get new Star Trek Kirk?

If you're referring to the Chris Pine flavored Kirk, then no. The new films are under a different license. Maybe someday.

Sulu was captain of the Excelsior.

Spock made it to captain's rank. Not sure about Scotty.

I think Worf only made it to Commander.

Riker definitely made it to captain.

thanks to netflix we have introduced the kids to TNG and have been re watching it nicely...and yes Scotty does make it to captain!

Jeff of the Miniacs

Yup, and see I Sisko in his Captain's vest on the bottom too. Is that a TNG Picard and TNG Borg next to Janeway and 7?

Yeah, that's what I see. Although Picard and Borg have already been done so I'm hoping there's some change. Looks like a Cardassian with Sisko as well. Only really see 6 new figures though. Is that all Toys R Us are having?

Plus there's some good custom pieces there (Picard in Captain's vest - multiple Janeways etc.)

Would be cool if we got a Borg with some interchangeable parts. The previous one didn't, so if you army built it looked strange. Give them different arm parts, a couple different types of head gear with different heads, and you can probably put together a pretty good small army of reasonably diverse Borg.

Ok, so we get an Official Captain Janeway and an Official Seven of Nine. (I say that because I had made them for myself already.)

I was correct about getting Picard in the captain's jacket.

I don't recall seeing Sisko in the vest, but I will get three so I can make Picard in that attire and keep the third set sealed. Would never have guessed for a Cardassian, because it was said there would be no army builders in the TRU line but then we get a new Borg but not sure it is Hugh, but I am glad to get new Borg parts.

I think it is interesting that there are only 6 mates in this wave. Will there be a chaser set that just hasn't been announced yet? Also the placecard stated the TRU line is slated for May 2013 and the Legacy Line that was already announced was slated for June 2013, what is up with that? Also how acturate are those dates? I am happy to see that once these sets have been released, we will have official Minimates of all the Captains. Howver, I would really like to see more of the crew from Enterprise, TNG, DS9 and VGER. We get Seven of Nine but then we still do not have any Riker, Data, O'Brien, Dax, Tucker or T'Pol to go with their captains. (I have my customs but I would like to have official mates if at all possible.) Does the Cardassian actually represent a named character or is it just a generic Cardassian (does he have a double faced head piece so we can turn it around and get a slightly different character?

Thank you.