UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 13...IS OUT NOW!

Jatta Pake

• Replies 933
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm pretty genuinely surprised that out of everyone on my Top 10 most wanted list, BoomBoom is the first one we're getting. I really considered her to be least likely to be made.

Still - glad to have her in all her gaudy, day-glo, shoulder-padded, 90's awesomeness!

I'm pretty genuinely surprised that out of everyone on my Top 10 most wanted list, BoomBoom is the first one we're getting. I really considered her to be least likely to be made.

Still - glad to have her in all her gaudy, day-glo, shoulder-padded, 90's awesomeness!

Looking at your top 10, Nessex, she's the only one I wouldn't want, honestly. Even Strife is interesting-looking enough to make up for his total Liefeldian lameness (sorry, but it's true). Every time I think that I absolutely, positively don't want any more X-Men, I remember Sunfire, Banshee, Dazzler and Longshot. Oh, and Xorn, my #1 most wanted X-Man. Damn you DST!

Actually, that doesn't look like her Liefeld costume. Looks more like the one Greg Capullo designed for her. And she's actually a Jim Shooter creation... unfortunatly it was during Secret Wars II so Big Jim wasn't exactly hitting on all cylinders, but there you go.

Yeah - it's her post-liefeld x-force costume, so she and rictor wont 100% fit with the other x-force characters we've gotten so far, but beggars can't be choosers. Plus, i'm working on a simpler liefeld-esque boomer that might fit in better anyway :)

Edited by Nessex

Well, the Cable that came with X-23, TRU Cannonball & Feral's costumes are the same ones they wore with Boomer & Rictor when they wore those costumes, so, yeah, they actually will fit together. Quite perfectly, in fact.

I couldn't be happier with B&R, and am impatiently waiting not only them, but praying for a matching Sunspot & Siryn.

TRU Warpath is really the only one who won't fit, but if it really bothers anyone that much, they can just use GSXM Thunderbird. He wore his dead brother's exact costume.

Well - Cannonball had upgraded/graduated/redecorated to his Blue & Yellow duds by the time Boomer had started wearing the Pink & Yellow shoulder-padded get-up:

27-3.jpg

And by that stage, Feral had dropped the skirt-ish part of her costome & adopted something that gripped the shoulders a bit more too:

m204944314.jpg

When Cannonball was in his Pink/Puple duds & Feral had the skirt & power-suit shoulders, Boomer was wearing a simpler looking pink jump suit with a small, sleeveless pink jacket over it:

14-1.jpg

BoomBoom and Rictor (why couldn't he spell his name right?) actually make me want to go back and buy Cannonball, Shatterstar and the other X-Force members I originally passed on.

Punisher and Kingpin look pretty good. I'll probably swap Kingpin's head with the original wave 1 Kingpin for more character, though.

Moonstar and Magma look good, but I'll probably pass.

Not to get too far off topic here, but I have a "1st issue collector's item" edition of X-Force #1 with a trading card pack-in. It's never been opened and I only bought it for 25cents. Any idea if that's worth anything?

Not to get too far off topic here, but I have a "1st issue collector's item" edition of X-Force #1 with a trading card pack-in. It's never been opened and I only bought it for 25cents. Any idea if that's worth anything?

Less than what you paid for it

The trading card makes a handy single-use ice scraper for your windshield, though!

Thread title says these hit in December 2012, but as they share the Daredevil figure with Marvel Series 43 and they were solicited as being out at the end of February, does anybody else think that December date may get pushed back?

Don't the waves always get pushed back?

Well - Cannonball had upgraded/graduated/redecorated to his Blue & Yellow duds by the time Boomer had started wearing the Pink & Yellow shoulder-padded get-up:

27-3.jpg

And by that stage, Feral had dropped the skirt-ish part of her costome & adopted something that gripped the shoulders a bit more too:

m204944314.jpg

When Cannonball was in his Pink/Puple duds & Feral had the skirt & power-suit shoulders, Boomer was wearing a simpler looking pink jump suit with a small, sleeveless pink jacket over it:

14-1.jpg

Dark days those were. . .dark days, indeed. Hid-e-ous.

Less than what you paid for it

The trading card makes a handy single-use ice scraper for your windshield, though!

Haha. Yeah pretty much what I figured. There were a ton of cheap books, so I just grabbed a couple that had characters I liked prominently on the front (this one with Cable, another one with Beast, etc). Wasn't until I got it home that I even realized it was even supposed to be a collectors item. Maybe I'll finally open it up and see how terrible the comic is... then again it's kind of funny to keep it pristine in it's bag like it isn't just crap (with a 25cent sticker on it)

Hell yes Moonstar and Magma have made my day As I have wanted these for ages, it would be churlish for me to complain so I will just state a couple of "suggestions" I agree that Amara should be translucent I would also like her to have the boots and gloves in her lava form with the regular hands and feet for display options But my biggest suggestions are a spare unpowered head and hair piece for Magma and the right Boots and Belt for Dani. But even if none of this happens it's still awesome.

• 2 months later...