UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Diamond: NYCC exclusives

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He could come packed with Adam X the X-Treme (seen here with his wicked backwards baseball cap and awesome Shredder armor!).

I admit I'd be happy with Gideon, but I like a lot of lame characters. For example, the Adam-X / Gideon two-pack sounds great to me.

OK, why don't you guys take a long walk and come back when you realize what you're saying. :lol:

And think about how you'll feel when Gideon shows up hogging a slot in a TRU exclusive pack. With Battle Damaged Deadpool. <_<

Look, you guys are in denial. Yes, he's lame, but at the same time he's also the coolest ever. He's got the entire checklist: Bald? Check. Ponytail? Check. Funky Colored Hair? Check. Metal Arm? Double Check. Swords? Check. Vague biblical reference? Check. And he probably still has his favorite pair of Girbaud jeans.

Edit: Damn. He doesn't have giant guns. Incomplete awesomicity.

Edited by Turtle

I realize with all the talk about Gideon we may have just jinxed ourselves and will now get him before Kang.

If that does happen, I will leave the board in shame. And possibly hand out my address so you can stop by and throw Gideon Minimates at me.

Anyway, back on topic - Boy, that Deadpool Corps set kinda sucks, doesn't it?

Edited by boyd

I gotta say... Gideon before Kang might just be enough for me to quit minimates in disgust. Ditto Gid before Falcon.

Not sayin', just sayin'.

I very reluctantly agree that right now, today, Deadpool and the Deadpool Corps is possibly, maybe even probably, more popular with a perhaps broader appeal to more folks wandering thru a convention floor than some of my choices. Maybe.

Does not mean I have to like it.

At all.

period.

Does DST still have an unannounced Marvel 4-pack? Or is the zombies and Firefighter Spidey sets it? If they do have a 4-pack left, I'm saying Deadpool TTA.

They were asked on Facebook if they had any other Marvel sets planned and they stated: "A full announcement of our exclusives will go out next week!"

Maybe there's more, maybe not. But if there's another 4 pack planned, I'd guess it'd be MvC.

My issue with this is we have had, and still have to come, a slew of Deadpools, so if they're trying to catch casual buyers they've already caught them with other sets. They could have used this opportunity to finish the Warriors 3 they dropped the ball on, or a Captain America or Thor set to add to the wave they were forced to share. Considering the movie waves I'm sure we'll be drowning in next year, a few new comic based characters would have been nice, and while these are comic based, they don't seem like new characters to me. Deadpool with breasts seems like a joke, not a new character.

Green hair, white hair, dead, footless. Best TTA set EVAH.

If Gideon gets made before Kang, I'll buy the Gideon Minimates for everyone to throw at Boyd.

If Deadpool and the Deadpool Corp are really as popular as it seems they might be, I'm even more out of touch than I realized. On the one hand, I don't like that. On the other hand, I don't care. If this set had to get made, though, I'm glad it's through a convention I won't be going to.

So any guesses on what the "slight modification to the usual package, all in Deadpool style!" might be? I'm thinking something to do with the Brady Bunch?

full quote below (from AFX facebook comments):

Thanks folks! For those who aren't too keen on this set, don't worry - we have more sets coming next year that'll hopefully get your juices flowing. As far as who decides what, both DST and ourselves usually have ideas we pitch back and forth. They're pretty good at coming up with some unique sets. Wait until you see the packaged pics - you'll love the unique take on this set with a slight modification to the usual package, all in Deadpool style!

Edited by storm 1:08

I hope it somehow incorporates the 2 half-circles face logo thing with the cut-outs where the black area normally is.

edit: I don't know why, but I appreciate that they so quickly acknowledged that this set isn't for everyone. I'm sure next year's stuff will be good. I've never had any complaints about prior AFX exclusive offerings and still have high hopes for future items.

Edited by Turtle

I'm not going to lie: part of the reason I want Gideon is because he is so incredibly terrible. All it takes is one look to know that he sucks crap through a straw. He could come packed with Adam X the X-Treme (seen here with his wicked backwards baseball cap and awesome Shredder armor!). I don't think the two have any history, but I also don't think "making sense" is a concept applied to those characters.

I think those characters would go together beautifully in a 'Mistakes of the 90's' set. (and i would definitely buy it :P )

So any guesses on what the "slight modification to the usual package, all in Deadpool style!" might be? I'm thinking something to do with the Brady Bunch?

One chap guessed that Spiderman would be replaced with Deadpool on the top of the carton. IF that's the route they take with this, i seriously hope we see it done for every set. My Excalibur & X-Men FA sets look a bit odd with spiderMan as their logo :blink: