UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Age of X box set

boyd

From the Diamond press release:

A Diamond Select Release! Art Asylum Designs & Sculpts! In an alternate reality where mutants are hunted and killed, the remaining survivors have walled themselves into Fortress X, and the X-Men we all know lead very different lives. This set includes the Age of X versions of Gambit, Magneto, Rogue (a.k.a. "Legacy") and Cyclops (a.k.a. "Basilisk"). Each Minimate stands 2.5" tall with 14 points of articulation and a variety of removable and interchangeable parts and accessories and is packed on a blister card. Look for them to be on shelves by 11/30/11.

STK439136__scaled_600.jpg

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

im very excited about this set, AoX was a great read and i may even pick up the hardcover (seeing as i can get it 40% off :P )

i actually wouldnt mind a follow up TRU pack or two :D

Not being at all familiar with the storyline, all I can say is that they look pretty boring. I wonder how many more hundreds of alternate reality X-Men we're gonna get before we get freakin' 616 Blob, Pyro, and Toad?

Not being at all familiar with the storyline, all I can say is that they look pretty boring. I wonder how many more hundreds of alternate reality X-Men we're gonna get before we get freakin' 616 Blob, Pyro, and Toad?

Seconded or is it thirded ?

I thought the story was okay, but really don't need any mates from it :confused:

At least that equally "huh?" Curse of the Mutants set gives us a modern Wolverine and Blade. There's a bunch of cool 616 characters currently starring in the X-books, I'd love a modern Rogue or Moonstar or Hope. And I'm all for box sets themed on current storylines, like the FF one, just not really loving their X-Men choices at the minute. But oh well!

No interest at all. Only thing I like form this set is you could repaints rogues hood for her old green cloak. Diamond has been saving me money with all these sets lately (no need for Future Foundation, this or the Vampires one.), even the newer waves have me pretty meh.

like most of the stuff i've seen from sdcc, i seem to be liking the new parts, and accessories (for customs) more than the characters. some neat new molds here. i can totally see a certain dreadnok(from gi joe) being made from that gambit hair, and i really like the cloaks that magneto, and rogue are wearning. cyclops' mask is just cool looking, and could be used for some original character, which i have been having fun doing lately with all the new pirate/m.a.x., and marvel parts

Agreed 1,000,000,000 percent!

Same goes for multiple new versions of Thor/Cap when we still don't have folks like Falcon, Sharon Carter and comic Warriors 3!

I got the hardcover to this story a few weeks ago for a song but hadn't gotten around to reading it yet.

It was okay... but I really don't think it was a big of a deal as it was made out to be. Same thing with the "Curse of the Mutants" vampire story. Both were fun (Curse more than Age) and had some interesting designs (Age more than Curse)... but I have to wonder why either are deserving of a boxed set.

*shrugs*

At least some folks will be happy... I think? I can't recall anybody ever asking for a set based off this story... but I could be mistaken.

Fun story... I love a good What If?-type deal... But this is one of the dullest box-sets i've seen released & i love my distopian x-verses! (Is 'distopian' even a word?)

I'm interested in the potential of this box-set - as murderofcrows mentioned, after seeing Basilisk it should be no trouble for DST to create a 616 Maverick.

Nice designs, nice sculpting - i just wish this were a MojoWorld or Brotherhood boxset.

It's a shame they didn't get enough notice with this set, as it would have probably been better received if it had struck WITH the x-over event.

Part of this may be on Marvel, if DST is looking to their marketing department in the selection process, since they probably have to start it before the comics are released. Both Curse and Age -- a storyline in a single book and a small crossover between two -- were played up by Marvel as if they were big events.

The last real X-event I can think of was Second Coming, which could've made for a great set with Hope, modern Rogue, Dr. Nemesis, Moonstar etc. Again, I love the impulse to include the up-to-the-minute current Marvel U in the line, and they have made X-Force I guess, but I'd love to see some more non-gray X-Men in their current costumes. And new characters, of which there are plenty starring in the X-books right now.

I'm not familiar with the story, but I really do like the designs.

Also, I feel like DST may use this set as an "excuse" to make Maverick tooling, and probably something out of Magneto's parts.

Gambit's hair would be a good start for a Rambo. That hair, plus a Rocky head, maybe some platoon parts...