UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Age of X box set

boyd

I read the Age of X hardcover yesterday and today and I'll say that I really ended up liking the story. I like the explanation of it and since I've read the new New Mutants stuff it felt natural and not very forced. But as much as I enjoy it, I still don't see why this is being made. If anything, the timing of it and the Curse set puts them out long after the stories are over and even a ways after they've been released as trades. I'll like the set, I enjoy stuff like this and AoA, but I still don't see how we'll have these and not a Brotherhood set or a Wrecking Crew. But it's not my company so I'll take any Minimates I can get.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

But you're already figuring out another decal set to correspond with these for when you can order them cheap, right?

If they go on clearance I will definitely start planning a kit. :)

wow that is really saying something having seen your collection video. that speaks volumes....

And that video is from over a year ago - you should see it now! I made it bigger, and I am planning on adding some LED lighting underneath the shelves. Then I will make a new video. :D

I’m actually looking forward to this set, but not because I have any attachment (or knowledge even) of the storyline.

I want a modern straight hair Rogue with a cloak, and this one looks “good enough for the time being” since I figure it will be awhile until we get one proper (and if she comes with an unhooded hair piece I might buy 2 or 3 of these sets)

also Cyclops’ mask (that is Cyclops right? Gambit is the headband one?) combined with Magneto’s outfit (who I hope is pearlized white like 90’s Storm) will make for a terrific “Phantom” type character to hang out with the Ghostbuster Ghost, since it looks nothing like traditional Cyclops and Magneto he should easily pass as a unique character.

I want a modern straight hair Rogue with a cloak, and this one looks “good enough for the time being” since I figure it will be awhile until we get one proper (and if she comes with an unhooded hair piece I might buy 2 or 3 of these sets)

Agreed. I also want a more modern-looking Rogue. But I am on board with the set as a whole, as I kinda like what I had read of Age of X.

Agreed. I also want a more modern-looking Rogue. But I am on board with the set as a whole, as I kinda like what I had read of Age of X.

I liked the story a lot too. Just wish we had gotten someone new in this set, like Legion.

EDIT: Typo

Edited by Nessex

I love how you guys work wrecking crew and other wants into every thread. This sets fine I'll get one. Again I'm just happy they continue to produce minimates. We should all be happy we've gotten over 40 waves.

I love how you guys work wrecking crew and other wants into every thread.

You say that as if it were a bad thing. :tongue:

GIMME WRECKING CREW!!!GIMME WRECKING CREW!!!GIMME WRECKING CREW!!!GIMME WRECKING CREW!!!GIMME WRECKING CREW!!!GIMME WRECKING CREW!!!GIMME WRECKING CREW!!!GIMME WRECKING CREW!!!GIMME WRECKING CREW!!!

I agree with you on that point.

Edited by karamazov80

• 2 weeks later...

I know X-Men are the 800 lbs gorrila in the room, but do we really need a boxed set based on every other storyline? Are going to get a Schism boxed set? Scott is still a dick boxed set?

Yeah, it's mostly jealousy talking. I prefer the Avengers, and we've gotten exactly one set. Yes, individual members have gotten sets for which I am grateful. But the team has gotten one. I could list a ton of ideas, most of them don't even involve Kang honest, but that's not really the point of this thread. I am hoping for some generous love over the next year as a version of the Assemblers hits the big screen. Not gonna rage about wasted sets, what should have been. X-folk sell. It's annoying, but it's ice skating uphill to argue against it. I just don't have to like it.

I know X-Men are the 800 lbs gorrila in the room, but do we really need a boxed set based on every other storyline? Are going to get a Schism boxed set? Scott is still a dick boxed set?

Yeah, it's mostly jealousy talking. I prefer the Avengers, and we've gotten exactly one set. Yes, individual members have gotten sets for which I am grateful. But the team has gotten one. I could list a ton of ideas, most of them don't even involve Kang honest, but that's not really the point of this thread. I am hoping for some generous love over the next year as a version of the Assemblers hits the big screen. Not gonna rage about wasted sets, what should have been. X-folk sell. It's annoying, but it's ice skating uphill to argue against it. I just don't have to like it.

I have to agree (and not just because I am an Avengers Fan) but if this is still a "kids line" (we are still sticking with that story right Chuck?) and not aimed at collectors, what kid in TRU or even a LCBS is even going to know who these characters are supposed to be? OK I will give you Rogue...but everyone else?

I know that this set is easily a pass for me, and not because I hate x-men, half of my collection is x related but because in terms of iconic stories, or moments in marvel history...this ain't one.

moc847

I know that this set is easily a pass for me, and not because I hate x-men, half of my collection is x related but because in terms of iconic stories, or moments in marvel history...this ain't one.

I think this falls under the as current as a toy company can get to a recent story line that featured some familiar characters with some very unique looks. Or I strongly suspect that's what Chuck or Zach would say if asked. And they've said before Marvel really digs it when they try to do mates based on recent stories.

No I'm not talking out of both sides of my mouth. I can acknowledge the reasoning behind the set's existence while still resenting the fact it exists.

Not gonna rage about wasted sets, what should have been.

Oooh, look at "Mr. Thinks He's Better Than the Rest of Us" over here, talking about how high and mighty he is not RAGING about this or that. Pshaw. Just for that, I hope DST gives us 5 more Age of X companion box sets. So there.

Yeah - i love the x-men, but this set is one of my least favourite sets released yet (not as bad as the Wolverine TTA - but still...)

So many of the characters from AoX had really visually interesting re-designs. Magneto is one of them - but then the rest are just dudes in black. It'd be nice to have gotten a Frenzy - she would have been good as a 616 version of herself too now that she's appearing regularly in Legacy.

Same goes for Chamber.

I know they weren't big players in the story, but i'd much rather have seen a Dazzler, Pixie (Nightmare), or Warpath.

Age-of-X-Lineup-Close-ups-2-620x425.jpg

Even Legion would be great since he was a major player and could double as his 616 counterpart.

Still - good on DST for attempting to get a bit more current. And at least we didn't end up with Bartender in a wife-beater Wolverine. :P

EDIT: Scratch the Legion part.... i forgot his hair was more mohawky in AoX.

Edited by Nessex

I know you're talking old school Avengers Miry, but they did also make two Dark Avengers box sets, and the modern Heroic Age set was the four main current Avengers -- so they haven't completely ignored the brand for box sets, just mostly stuck to Bendis era stuff, which is obviously not everyone's cup of tea.

Well I'll ask it to you this way, Bcat- When you think Avengers, do you think Spider-Man?

I don't care if it's old school, new school however. I want the Avengers logo on the box. I don't want it to include some Avengers, or even four Avengers in a box with another name on it. Heck the Super-Heroes set of a couple years back consited of all Avengers. A membership roll their size with the "once an Avengers always an Avenger" policy and it's hard not to include at least one member in most sets. I want an 616 Avengers set. No Ultimates, no posers, no Cancerverse alternate monsters, no zombies. You want modern? Great!! The Protector, lite-brite Iron Man, & Hawkeye's new suit vs a purple powered up Wonderman. Or trench coat Dr. Strange, white suit Iron Fist, Cage, and Power Woman with baby Cage accessory. Or Giant Man, Justice, Quicksilver, and Tigra. I'm flexible. I just want another Avengers boxed set.

Yeah - i love the x-men, but this set is one of my least favourite sets released yet (not as bad as the Wolverine TTA - but still...)

So many of the characters from AoX had really visually interesting re-designs. Magneto is one of them - but then the rest are just dudes in black. It'd be nice to have gotten a Frenzy - she would have been good as a 616 version of herself too now that she's appearing regularly in Legacy.

Same goes for Chamber.

I know they weren't big players in the story, but i'd much rather have seen a Dazzler, Pixie (Nightmare), or Warpath.

Age-of-X-Lineup-Close-ups-2-620x425.jpg

Even Legion would be great since he was a major player and could double as his 616 counterpart.

Still - good on DST for attempting to get a bit more current. And at least we didn't end up with Bartender in a wife-beater Wolverine. :P

EDIT: Scratch the Legion part.... i forgot his hair was more mohawky in AoX.

/quote]

Agreed. So many great re-designs to choose from. I will still be picking up the set but there are many more visually-appealing characters in AoX that would have made great minimates.

Well I'll ask it to you this way, Bcat- When you think Avengers, do you think Spider-Man?

Well... yeah. I mean he's been on the team for seven years now. But again, I know some people don't dig the Bendis team, and that's fine.

I don't care if it's old school, new school however. I want the Avengers logo on the box. I don't want it to include some Avengers, or even four Avengers in a box with another name on it. Heck the Super-Heroes set of a couple years back consited of all Avengers. A membership roll their size with the "once an Avengers always an Avenger" policy and it's hard not to include at least one member in most sets. I want an 616 Avengers set. No Ultimates, no posers, no Cancerverse alternate monsters, no zombies. You want modern? Great!! The Protector, lite-brite Iron Man, & Hawkeye's new suit vs a purple powered up Wonderman. Or trench coat Dr. Strange, white suit Iron Fist, Cage, and Power Woman with baby Cage accessory. Or Giant Man, Justice, Quicksilver, and Tigra. I'm flexible. I just want another Avengers boxed set.

Hey I'd love a lot of that stuff too, I was just saying the team hasn't been *entirely* ignored by DST. Yes the Dark Avengers were "posers" I guess, but they were also the official 616 team for a year or so. This Age of X set is just as loosely "X-Men," I think we've only had three box sets with their logo on the box. Anyway, I'll leave it at that, before it starts to look like I'm arguing in favor of this lame set, which I am definitely not! :lol: