UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Collections...

Jeff, ImageShack is also a good host site. They'll give you code for just about every permutation of an image you could want. Avatar's, thumbnails, messageboard formats. It's all there. Even a total incompetent like me can successfully post images from it. :D

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jeff, ImageShack is also a good host site. They'll give you code for just about every permutation of an image you could want. Avatar's, thumbnails, messageboard formats. It's all there. Even a total incompetent like me can successfully post images from it. :D

Thanks Rad...I am going to check that out....the bucket is really pissing me off anyways

Jeff of the Minis

Nice collections!

Also, could you guys not quote entire post's full of pics please, makes it real slow to upload, and means alot of pointless scrolling.

Jeff,

What are those 4 white promos? I can't make out what they are? Also, can you shoot me a close up of the AA board motm mate. I can't say I have ever heard of it.

WW4M

Sorry to be so long getting back to you on this....the 4 white ones are my babymates made by Antacost....3 pink and a blue for my children, he has another pink one coming my way for the new baby in December....if you look in his customs post you can see a close up pic of them.....as for the AA MotM one here is an article on MMHQ about it with good pics...and yea there are only four of them

http://www.minimateheadquarters.com/index....s=aa+motm+blank

She-Thing - glad you liked it...I am very proud of it myself :)

Jeff of the Minis

okay after a had a great package this week my collection grew alot so here it is:

Part 1 Part 2 Part 3 Part 4 and after this it wouldnt fit anymore so some i have in cases but i set them up at my desk for this picture Part 5 and of some mates u can see that they miss some parts but these mates have the other parts Last Mate Wave

ud probebly recognice some custom mates from other customizer like luke314pi, Graham and Skullbuster

Aapje I am in awe... I also plan to show these pictures to my Mother the next time she complains that I must have more "collector crap" than anyone.

Aapje I am in awe... I also plan to show these pictures to my Mother the next time she complains that I must have more "collector crap" than anyone.

well my mom isnt too happy with them though ;)

but she keeps calling it "crap" too ^^;

Well, it's about time I posted in here. :) I originally set this up for the photo contest and I've just been adding all the new releases to it.

(Click to enlarge.)

neutralinoSm.jpg

gluinoSm.jpg

gravitinoSm.jpg

sleptonSm.jpg

photinoSm.jpg

My favorite so far.

No pics of the LOTR side yet. I've got to clean the place up to fit my tripod over there. :D

Well, it's about time I posted in here. :) I originally set this up for the photo contest and I've just been adding all the new releases to it.

(Click to enlarge.)

neutralinoSm.jpg

gluinoSm.jpg

gravitinoSm.jpg

sleptonSm.jpg

photinoSm.jpg

My favorite so far.

No pics of the LOTR side yet. I've got to clean the place up to fit my tripod over there. :D

okay i normally love minimates but this just gives me the creeps and alotta happyness at the same time

there so much :D

but for some strange reason it brings up my fobie for dolls :huh:

How do you avoid the domino effect?

It's a little complicated. To keep them from toppling over I stick each one on my Van de Graaff generator to give them each a huge positive charge. Since like charges repel, they all force each other to stay standing. I guess it can be best explained with an example. Say you have three Minimates in a row, for simplicity we will call them A, B, and C going from left to right. Perhaps B is a little unstable and starts leaning towards A. The positive charge on A then pushes against the positive charge on B and B starts to lean towards C. Of course C pushes back and it bounces back and forth until they reach a state of equilibrium. A positively charged "fence" around the perimeter prevents anyone from flying off the edge. I have to be extra careful when working with them though. I have to be insulated from ground (0V) so that I don't bleed off the charge by touching them. You know that little static shock you get every once in a while when you touch something metal. Imagine that multiplied by 467. That's the danger I face here people. Definitely not for the faint of heart. :)

It's logically to extend the one-dimensional example above to a two-dimensional one so the Minimates don't fall forward or backward. But what's really cool, is that you can also extend it in three dimensions. In some areas the gravitational force is a smidge weaker and If I balance it just right I can actually get a Minimate to levitate above the others. It's tricky and it seems there are only few 'mates that can do it, but it's really cool when it works. Once I had Storm floating above the X-Men and I couldn't wipe the grin off my face. :) A couple days ago, I was experimenting with Sulu and something really weird happened. There must have been some weird electrical harmonic effect or ionization disturbance because all of a sudden he just shot up into the air. One minute he was happy as can be, hovering over the group of Aragorns, the next he was Junior Birdman!

I still haven't pulled him out of the ceiling.

Now for the real answer, it's Lego plates basically. Everyone with C3 feet went on a 16x16 base plate in front of the 3 Inchers. Then the rest went in front of the plates. Since it would be too much of a pain to add more plates, newer releases end up in front even if they have C3 feet.

My carelessness did cause a few topplings, but the damage was mitigated because the Minimates on plates weren't going anywhere. The most frustrating was when I took out about 15 with my camera strap. :)

(Click to enlarge.)

neutralinoSm.jpg

gluinoSm.jpg

gravitinoSm.jpg

sleptonSm.jpg

photinoSm.jpg

My favorite so far.

Superb work!!! They seem to get ready for a live concert :biggrin:

All the different interpretations of the collection are very interesting. Maybe those of us who think it is an invasion are just suspicious bastards? 'Cause I'll include myself in that category.

P.S. She-Thing your tagline banner totally made me smile.

• 1 month later...

Here is my collection as of 1/20

I also have Taskmaster, USAgent, and the BTTF 2 Boxed set but they didnt make the cut

I think i have a pretty decent collection even though im missing loads of stuff...

th_100_5601.jpg

th_100_5602.jpg

th_100_5603.jpg

th_100_5604.jpg

th_100_5605.jpg

th_100_5606.jpg

th_100_5607.jpg

th_100_5609.jpg

th_100_5610.jpg

th_100_5611.jpg

th_100_5612.jpg

th_100_5613.jpg

th_100_5614.jpg

th_100_5615.jpg

th_100_5616.jpg

th_100_5617.jpg

th_100_5618.jpg

th_100_5619.jpg

th_100_5620.jpg

th_100_5621.jpg

th_100_5622.jpg

th_100_5623.jpg

th_100_5625.jpg

th_100_5627.jpg

th_100_5628.jpg

th_100_5629.jpg

Here are my blanks who are currently holding my guns until they're taken for customs, they look awesome together as a little "strike fore" :tongue:

Here is "Bomb Defuser" Hunt Mate and FCBD Scout

th_100_5631.jpg

Dual Wielder Code Name "Wizard World" and ECC Spy

th_100_5633.jpg

Soldier ECC and Sniper ECC

th_100_5634.jpg

ECC Gunners and Grenader

th_100_5635.jpg

Group Shot!

th_100_5600.jpg

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Ok so I've been exploring cheap and temporary storage methods for some of my mini's...

Mostly because I had a LOT of loose mates floating around my desk & workspace and wanted to move some of the newer waves to my display cases and find a semi decent place for those that were being evicted as an archive of sorts.

On a whim I ordered the following... a Hotwheels "over the door" display case...

post-7-1204587207_thumb.jpg

post-7-1204587178_thumb.jpg

post-7-1204587239_thumb.jpg

It actually works very well for 2" mates, the 2.5" LotR mates needed a little finese to get them into their pockets but they definitely fit.

Sure it's not that pretty and will be living inside my cupboard but If anyone is looking for a dirt cheap display option ($15 +shipping) or simply like me a nice way to 'store' older mates and has the back of a door free then this isn't a bad option.

T.

Ok so I've been exploring cheap and temporary storage methods for some of my mini's...

Mostly because I had a LOT of loose mates floating around my desk & workspace and wanted to move some of the newer waves to my display cases and find a semi decent place for those that were being evicted as an archive of sorts.

On a whim I ordered the following... a Hotwheels "over the door" display case...

It actually works very well for 2" mates, the 2.5" LotR mates needed a little finese to get them into their pockets but they definitely fit.

Sure it's not that pretty and will be living inside my cupboard but If anyone is looking for a dirt cheap display option ($15 +shipping) or simply like me a nice way to 'store' older mates and has the back of a door free then this isn't a bad option.

T.

Cool! I had actually looked at the possibilty of using those in my reworking of my collection, its good to know that they would work if I decide to go that way in the future....great pics, Thanks for reminding me I still have to find one of each of those 03 blanks :P

Jeff of the Miniacs

T.

T and other Minimate Dudnesses,

I scooped that same HW display on a clearance rack from Wal Mart for .50cents. I only found 1, but it does work well. This was around Xmas time.

WW4M