UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Collections...

0107010029.jpg

My favorite incarnation of X-men, the Outback team, waiting for Longshot (and possibly Madelaine Pryor if I get bored enough!!) Storm is made from a 90's Storm's hair on a TRU mohawk Storm body. Colossus is the Giant Sized X-men minus the shoulder harness and I added a New Mutants Cannonball belt. Dazzler & Rogue customs courtesy of PsyDuck! ;) Now, with a little patience Longshot will finish the team.

Edited by cut2thechase

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Working on a reorganization and this is the scary first step.

110122_org1a_sm.jpg

Clickey makey biggery.

Very few duplicates apart from the Cylons over in the BSG pile. It's hard to get a good feel for the perspective. The Marvel pile is taller than Stilt Man.

• 1 month later...
Working on a reorganization and this is the scary first step.

110122_org1a_sm.jpg

Clickey makey biggery.

Very few duplicates apart from the Cylons over in the BSG pile. It's hard to get a good feel for the perspective. The Marvel pile is taller than Stilt Man.

I find it funny that in all the chaos, stilt man still stands lol

i have a question, are their any collectors who only dispaly the mates they 'like' (as in ones that look good or go with a certain theme). i only display my marvel mates and out of those i only display ones that are in their 'classic' costumes

I have spent lot of my spare time this year trying to organise my stuff & then try & take some decent pictures of what I consider to be the most interesting part of my collection but I don't seem to be getting very far very quickly . I think you may think you know the scale of my obsession but I hadn't until recently & it is madness ....utter madness :(

I had hoped to get back on track with a certain amount of reality this year .....a collection rather than an inventory would be much more fun & I truly envy you guys with the Minimate displays.

i have a question, are their any collectors who only dispaly the mates they 'like' (as in ones that look good or go with a certain theme).

I do. My general MM display is only classic looks mostly. Displayed by team. I try to be as accurate as possible but Im not a slave to it... I put all my variant Spidey, Iron Man, and Hulk mates in their own Container Store display cases. The vast majority of my mates end up in the old pretzel jar though. I'm a firm believer in less is more when it comes to displays. Sometimes when people put everything out it just becomes a big mess. I like to showcase "gems" rather than throw everything I have out there just for the sake of doing it.

Great collections guys. Has anyone found any vendors online who sell tiered risers that can fit in display cases that would be suitable for minimates? I've been looking but havent had any luck.

Try the container store ( I believe its ContainerStore.com but if not just simply Google it). I picked up three enclosed 3 tiered displays for my Minimates there.

I have spent lot of my spare time this year trying to organise my stuff & then try & take some decent pictures of what I consider to be the most interesting part of my collection but I don't seem to be getting very far very quickly . I think you may think you know the scale of my obsession but I hadn't until recently & it is madness ....utter madness :(

I had hoped to get back on track with a certain amount of reality this year .....a collection rather than an inventory would be much more fun & I truly envy you guys with the Minimate displays.

I don't know, but I'm pretty sure my collection is a small fraction of what yours is. And my collection is OUT OF CONTROL. So, I pity you :D

I went through the grueling process of creating an inventory about a year and a half ago, and of course, was too lazy to keep it updated. So, it's basically worthless now.

Great collections guys. Has anyone found any vendors online who sell tiered risers that can fit in display cases that would be suitable for minimates? I've been looking but havent had any luck.

Try the container store ( I believe its ContainerStore.com but if not just simply Google it). I picked up three enclosed 3 tiered displays for my Minimates there.

Those look really nice and elegant but they can only hold about 15-21 mates in there, Im looking for something bigger or more practical for my collection. It's haphazardly taking up 4 shelves out of 5 in an Ikea display case. Im gonna try lego and go with it if i like it ill post a pic. And Im guessing these are the ones you mean:

IMG_1777.jpg

pic from Luke's toy store =)

• 3 weeks later...

Spent a little bit of time yesterday rearranging for upcoming Minimates onslaught, figure I take a few pictures of my display and share. Very happy and quite proud with how it has turned out, let me know what you think.

mates_loft_01.jpg

My overall Minimates display. IKEA Billy bookcases with glass doors, a Benno CD/DVD tower in between them and spice rack tier shelves from the Container Store. Very happy with the choice to go all white. It really makes the figures pop and it reflects light so the shelves look a little bit brighter. The tier shelves are the perfect height for 'mate display, they slide into 2 and fit almost perfectly inside the Billy bookcase.

mates_loft_02.jpg

Up close shot of how the display is set up.

mates_loft_03sent.jpg

mates_loft_04.jpg

My MAX pieces, perfect fit in the Benno tower.

mates_loft_06.jpg

Spider-Man and his Amazing Friends

mates_loft_05.jpg

Spider-Man and his Amazing Enemies

mates_loft_07.jpg

Avengers Assemble!

mates_loft_08.jpg

Dark Avengers Disassemble! Marvel Knights and WWII

mates_loft_09.jpg

Hulk, Cap, Secret Wars and Skrull Invasion

mates_loft_10.jpg

JLA, JSA & assorted DCU

mates_loft_11.jpg

Superman, Green Lantern Corp, Wonder Woman & misc. DCU.

Tweaked John Stewart with the Gamma Hulk parts, funny to see how many people here did the same! :)

mates_loft_12.jpg

The Batcave.

mates_loft_13.jpg

The Armory: movie style

mates_loft_14.jpg

The Armory: comic book style

mates_loft_15.jpg

Fantastic Four & friends plus Marvel Cosmic

mates_loft_16.jpg

X-Men: modern, X-Force, AOA, "New" X-Men

mates_loft_17.jpg

X-Men: 80's & 90's

mates_loft_18.jpg

X-Men: 60's, 70's & 80's

mates_loft_19.jpg

Ultimate Universe, X-Men movie-verse

mates_loft_20.jpg

Thor movie, promo's & room for 2011 movie invasion

manroom21_064.jpg

Custom mate: J.J. Jameson

Simple kit-bash: Chameleon variant JJJ head with Ghostbusters Mayor body. Perfect match and MUCH better than the Chameleon body IMO.

manroom21_065.jpg

Custom mate: Swarm

Simple kit-bash: TRU Psylocke with New Mutants Sunspot body. Red Sharpie looked good on eyes but too hard to see with hood on. Need to paint the eyes.

manroom21_063.jpg

Custom mate: James Rhodes

Simple kit-bash: Head from War Machine variant, body from Luke cage.

There are few other works in progress in the display. Need to print a bat symbol for the Batman Beyond and make wings/cape. Moonstar is still early, need to get an extra Valkerie hair piece and paint her belt/boots. The BSG Viper is going to become the Avengers Quinjet later this week as well as printing X logos for the Stealth Jet.

That is my collection in a nut shell. Let me know your thoughts.

Thanks!

Edited by rocket

• 2 months later...

While I can't compete with rocket's awesome collection, I think my Minimate display is finalized for the moment (though figures might be switched out here or there with it), and with my stands I can keep the domino effect to a minimum. I've made 20 Minimate LEGO stands, so I can fit 5 across and two rows back for each shelf. I went to bricklinks, and bought these stands that are 16 pegs long and wide. Then, I loaded up on 16 peg-long LEGO rows (2, 4, and 6 stacked up on each stand for the layered, step-wise look) to finish these off. Previously, I was using individual LEGO bricks, but that took forever. A couple days ago, I made 5 stands in no time flat.

Alot of Minimates didn't make the final cut for one reason or another (frequently--western 'Mates, FA X-Men, New Mutants--because of those stupid boots either without C3 holes or without usable C3 holes):

DSCN2641-1.jpg

Now, I just need to figure out some way to create separate displays for my Ecto-1/Stay Puft Bank and Delorean. . .

• 2 weeks later...