UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Collections...

That bagged yellow one in the foreground.........might it be....?? : sad.gif

Promo blanks are amongst my favourite Minimates & seeing that pic I remmber why. Beautiful.

QFT! I love them as well. I also love the hunt for them. More difficult then even TRU exclusives and I think that's fun. smile.gif Edited by Ninja Mate

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

This had to happen sooner or later but, I have finally ran out of room on my entertainment center for my marvel minimates. Hence, I just bought this from IKEA (The Vallvik bookcase) to house some of them in. When I get it set up I'll post some pics.

post-2109-0-71123300-1313060289_thumb.jp

Hey everyone, new to this forums and minimates.

Just took a gander at all of your collections and its mind boggling.

So far I have 2 (Resistance) and they are in a square ikea ribba shadow box at the moment. I have been searching for a shadow box frame with grid like inserts, I thought I found one at Michael's but it turned out to be too expensive ($40ish) and it was meant for baseball display. Any one have any good ideas on where to find good shadow box frames for minimates or even one of the grid acrylic ones but made out of wood.

Here's my current Marvel mate collection sitting on the middle shelf of my Marvel "shrine." :P

Marvel1.jpg

Broken down in sections--

Spider-Man (with Dr. Strange and Ghost Rider chilling in the front):

Marvel2.jpg

X-Men:

Marvel3.jpg

This just got bigger today with the arrival of Emma Frost, Mystique and Apocalypse. :D

Avengers (With Daredevil randomly checking out the action):

Marvel4.jpg

I plan on expanding this one out once I get the new bulked-up Hulk.

Fantastic Four (with Spider-Woman chilling in the background):

Marvel5.jpg

Really want to pick up a Galactus Mighty Mugg to round this one out...

Soon this will be redone entirely since the Spidey section is too cramped and I need a place to put Dr. Strange, Daredevil, etc.

Hey everyone, new to this forums and minimates.

Just took a gander at all of your collections and its mind boggling.

So far I have 2 (Resistance) and they are in a square ikea ribba shadow box at the moment. I have been searching for a shadow box frame with grid like inserts, I thought I found one at Michael's but it turned out to be too expensive ($40ish) and it was meant for baseball display. Any one have any good ideas on where to find good shadow box frames for minimates or even one of the grid acrylic ones but made out of wood.

Welcome! If you sign up for Michael's online newsletter they will send you a 50% off coupon. That is the best place I know of to get shadow box frames.

Here's my current Marvel mate collection sitting on the middle shelf of my Marvel "shrine." :P

Awesome! :)

Hey Brad, I noticed you managed to studiously avoid a close up of what looks like a Vision custom. Might I trouble you for a better look?

• 1 month later...
  • 5 weeks later...

I procrastinated on picking this Danger Room diorama from Luke's and I missed out on it, TWICE! He re-released it with a Battle Damaged look and I STILL flaked (I prefer this version). I've been wanting it ever since. LUCKILY someone posted it on eBay and I snatched it up!! The New Mutants are a pretty small team and they look great in it AND there's still room for Dani (below Magneto) and Magma (next to Cypher) if and when they make them, without it looking overcrowded. I LOVE this playset! Thanks Luke!

NewMutanatsMinimates.jpg

Man do I wish I had 200$ to buy that train display case that pavehawk78 used! Those rock. I am finally moving into a house in the next little while and can't wait to get my minimates back up on display (they have been packed up for a bit now) I love looking at all of these, it makes me miss having mine displayed.

I procrastinated on picking this Danger Room diorama from Luke's and I missed out on it, TWICE! He re-released it with a Battle Damaged look and I STILL flaked (I prefer this version). I've been wanting it ever since. LUCKILY someone posted it on eBay and I snatched it up!! The New Mutants are a pretty small team and they look great in it AND there's still room for Dani (below Magneto) and Magma (next to Cypher) if and when they make them, without it looking overcrowded. I LOVE this playset! Thanks Luke!

I'm glad you like it! Someday I will get back into molding and casting again, and then I will make more sets like this. Until then, I am planning on a Danger Room style diorama for Striking Dioramas series 2 or 3. :)

My collection is not so minimate centric... mostly just random crap. I have a bunch of Marvel Minimates at work that I let the kids play with when they visit, and these guys spread around the home office.

wug_collection6.jpgwug_collection5.jpg

wug_collection4.jpg

wug_collection3.jpg

wug_collection2.jpg

I realize that I need a custom Indiana Jones minimate. laugh.gif I also need to reorganize and de-clutter my office.

• 4 weeks later...