UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2011: Minimates and Femme Fatales Exclusives Revealed!

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That Thor is weak sauce in every possible way.

There's not really much difference between that BRB and the Omega Flight one... is it colors? Is Omega Flight BRB supposed to be black and gold, or is that just the lighting in the image?

I need to figure out a way to get that Stormbreaker set in the worst way.

order it from AFX?

order it from AFX?

No, no, the worst way. I'm not sure what that is, but it probably involves ponies.

Or some sort of trebuchet riding poodle.

order it from AFX?

Very likely, but their shipping always leaves me feeling ripped off.

Isn't there good chance Luke will get them in?

Based on previous years, there is a very good chance that we will get these. As for getting them in the worst way, I have a 2 year old boy on a high protein diet who would love to send these via diaper mail. :D

Actually Vergil has been announced as Dante's DLC costume, along with Super Solider Cap, Iron Patriot, Classic Thor, Street Fighter 1 Ryu (red slippers!) and Classic Chris (I think). Personally I would love to see Virgil, SF1 Ryu, Super Soldier Cap and one of the others (don't mind) at some point in the future.

That's not Vergil, it's Dante and Vergil's father "Dark Knight Sparda" (his coat's purple, Vergil has a blue coat)

While I agree with the above, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't one of Magneto's pallets based off his Ultimate look, which is similar but a wee bit different? Surely that would be a logical variant to use in the future as it can double as Ult. Magneto.

no correct me because I'm wrong... I was going off the picture in the Marvel blog post that showed a more tunicy Ultimate Magneto, but a quick google search does reveal he also has a very 616-ish black and red costume. Point about Magneto redacted! I demand Ultimate Magento in a box set instead of any of the ugly modern Thor variants!

order it from AFX?

Very likely, but their shipping always leaves me feeling ripped off.

I was gonna say... ordering from AFX is just about the worst way. No offense to them, but the shipping charges make even their sales seem like a ripoff.

I don't get the hate for AFX. I usually only order from them when there's a sale and for the SDCC exclusives. Their shipping does suck but they ship quick and move it out rather fast.

Looks like the Future Foundation set won't be available at SDCC, but rather at a Disney store a few blocks away from he San Diego convention center. Read on for details.

ugh

Haha. Few blocks away?!?! Heck no! It's a bit of a drive from the convention center. And for BHM's reference, it was somewhat in the area where your hotel was last year. MAP

This is hilarious and makes no sense why they would debut it there. They would totally get more sales at SDCC. I don't see why DST would sell it at their booth. But it will be online and other stores. Heck, there's been plenty of free shipping codes from Disney store so it should be okay. Of course, this non-worrying is coming from a local who lives 15 minutes away...

They must think that's gonna get traffic for their store. . .but it really won't. How many people care enough about: 1) Minimates; and 2) this set, to drive way over there during a trip they paid a ridiculous amount of money for? I know people like to go there then wait in line to buy toys for some reason, but driving somewhere else to buy one relatively undesirable toy release has gotta be pushing it even for those folks. Particularly considering it's most likely gonna be online and at other Disney stores eventually.

I'm a little sad there is absolutely no Ghostbuster related Minimate merchandise for this years SDCC :(

Just wait for the next announcement. It'll be a TRU SDCC exclusive set where you will have to go to the TRU in San Diego to pick up it up. It's near Seaworld so you can at least see Shamu afterwards.