UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2011: Minimates and Femme Fatales Exclusives Revealed!

I'm no expert on Zero, but I think that is supposed to be hair.

It is. I'm also loving the fact it's X's pallet and they changed the hair to brown to match his (I never noticed it in the screen shot). I'll admit while the P2 sets are just re-paints I am REALLY keen with both of them. We get an updated version of Red Hulk and Stealth Iron Man as well as White Phoenix and X-Men Deadpool. I'm crossing my fingers for the 2099 pallet of Dr Doom.

And as for the Thor boxset, I missed out on the Classic Heroic Boxset as I only wanted Thor so personally I'm happy of he's getting "re-released". And Future Foundation was inevitable but great. Too bad they didn't give Spidey a slip on mask (I've always liked it when Peter is with the Fantastic Four). I'm definitly looking forward to all four of them, though I doubt my wallet is too keen :P.

• Replies 187
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aren't we already getting a Beta Ray Bill in TRU wave 12? If so, the Thor set is a pass for me. Likewise for FF. The figures look great, but the premise is too ridiculous.

I'll definitely get the two MvC sets, though, for bulked-up Red Hulk and yellow Deadpool.

Aren't we already getting a Beta Ray Bill in TRU wave 12? If so, the Thor set is a pass for me.

I think we are . . . but i'm pretty keen on getting a comic Sif - so i'm gonna get the box-set & skipp the TRU one i think . . .

And why is Sue blue?

And as for the Thor boxset, I missed out on the Classic Heroic Boxset

Still available here, if you are interested:

http://www.disneystore.com/marvel-universe-minimates-4-pack/mp/1279425/1000255/?CMP=OTL-Dcom&att=Search_minimates

And well, well worth it. One of the greatest 4-packs ever. Up there with the Defenders set IMO.

So what do you guys think DST will be showcasing minimatewise at SDCC 2011? Marvel wave 41 for sure. TRU wave 12? More Marvel vs. Capcom 3 prototypes?

What say you?

Edited by MINI_MYTE

So what do you guys think DST will be showcasing minimatewise at SDCC 2011? Marvel wave 41 for sure. TRU wave 12? More Marvel vs. Capcom 3 prototypes? What say you?
I'm pretty sure that TRU Wave 13 was mentioned in an earlier press release.

Those box sets caught me by surprise. Really like the look of the FF although I haven't read anything. Beta Bill looks very cool, but I might also try to get the 2-pack. I like how the MvC look and I think the selected charater designs are pretty cool, but I don't need 2nd player variants.

Amusing that we're getting a Future Foundation boxed set... yet I asked in ad Q and A about it and was told nothing was in the works.

LIES! LIES, I tell you!

DSTChuck:

• Hmm an FF box set based now that Spidey is on the team - I wonder.

Still available here, if you are interested:

http://www.disneystore.com/marvel-universe-minimates-4-pack/mp/1279425/1000255/?CMP=OTL-Dcom&att=Search_minimates

And well, well worth it. One of the greatest 4-packs ever. Up there with the Defenders set IMO.

I'll admit I've held off the box set becuase I'm not interested in the SPidey, Iron Man and Cap (though he does look good). That and I live in England and I don't think they'll ship here ;)

So when and were is the the final box set of MvC P2: Magneto, Trish, Dormamu, and Haggar likely to be reveled?

never and nowhere hopefully.

The Player 2 costumes released so far are either logical variants:

-Deadpool: worn in Days of Future Now

-Phoenix: worn when dead

-Arthur: highest level of armor in Ghouls N' Ghost (we need an underpants Arthur and Dark Phoenix 2-pack since those are logical variants that aren't alternate costumes)

-Hulk: Rulk

-Iron Man: Stealth outfit

-Morigan: a non-pedo-bait Lilith

or could be kitbashed into logical variants:

-Dante: Paint the coat blue, white being easier to paint blue then red, and he's 'concept' Vergil (Dante's brother used to have the same design as him, also I never played DMC3 or 4 so the white coat might have a real purpose in the game)

-Zero (who is not "Megaman Zero" that's a comepletely different guy): Cutting the 'horns' and hair off his helmet and repainting his blaster will make a decent Megaman X, taking off the chest armor and replacing the helmet with Movie Mk1 Iron Man's captive Tony Starks hair and he'd be a pretty good Mega Man Volnut... basically he's a start for a non-mainstream Megaman until DST decides to make MvC2 figures.

The remaining 4 do not have logical costume variants. Haggar and Trish only have the one outfit, Trish's alternate colors are based on other characters but do not look like them, this is the same for Dormamu and Magneto who have coloring based on cannon outfits (except for the teal "Mag-F**king-Neto") but the details do not match up well enough for them to actually represent that costume in minimate form.

General talking:

I like all 4 of these sets, I'll probably just wait until TRU wave 12 to get BRB but the two MvC sets and FF look good to me. FF Thing will go great with the TRU exclusive Hoodie Doom to form a "Thing and Doom go for a jog in track suits" team-up.

-Dante: Paint the coat blue, white being easier to paint blue then red, and he's 'concept' Vergil (Dante's brother used to have the same design as him, also I never played DMC3 or 4 so the white coat might have a real purpose in the game)

Actually Vergil has been announced as Dante's DLC costume, along with Super Solider Cap, Iron Patriot, Classic Thor, Street Fighter 1 Ryu (red slippers!) and Classic Chris (I think). Personally I would love to see Virgil, SF1 Ryu, Super Soldier Cap and one of the others (don't mind) at some point in the future.

The remaining 4 do not have logical costume variants. Haggar and Trish only have the one outfit, Trish's alternate colors are based on other characters but do not look like them, this is the same for Dormamu and Magneto who have coloring based on cannon outfits (except for the teal "Mag-F**king-Neto") but the details do not match up well enough for them to actually represent that costume in minimate form.

While I agree with the above, correct me if I'm wrong but isn't one of Magneto's pallets based off his Ultimate look, which is similar but a wee bit different? Surely that would be a logical variant to use in the future as it can double as Ult. Magneto.

Edited by pawcanada

Some cool news from AFX's Facebook page, especially for those that are planning on skipping the TRU Wave 12 Beta Ray Bill for the boxset, or vice versa:

"We will send out more details later but the Beta Ray Bill is NOT the same Beta Ray Bill coming in the TRU set. Our exclusive set is based on the classic version."

Edited by youbastards

Some cool news from AFX's Facebook page, especially for those that are planning on skipping the TRU Wave 12 Beta Ray Bill for the boxset, or vice versa:

"We will send out more details later but the Beta Ray Bill is NOT the same Beta Ray Bill coming in the TRU set. Our exclusive set is based on the classic version."

Bah! You beat me to it. Can't believe they actually replied to my post. I wonder if it'll be based on this short lived look of his?

BetaRayBill2.png