UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2011 Minimate Exclusives

ImABarRoomHero

Ronald McDeadpool is awesome. Did he ever wear this uniform in the comics?

it was in Weapon X: Days of Future Now

• Replies 176
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was hoping for a RGB announcement :(

I was really expecting one of the exclusives to be a "People Busters" set. Easy repaint, and probably pretty demanded by the RGB crowd.

An even easier box set would be the Anti-Ghostbusters from the episode "Citizen Ghost", cast the heads in translucent green (or Glow-in the Dark) and have them all in "marshmallow mess" style uniforms

but yes, the PeopleBusters & Anti-Ghostbusters are the 2 most wanted sets on the GB forums that I've noticed

Not the strongest release for DST SDCC exclusives. Re-paints are fine and all, I just thought we'd be getting something a little more grand. :confused:

Sho nuff. I'm hoping there are some (more) good retailer exclusives. With the exception of the promos, these are pretty easy passes for me.

So that's who she is? From a video game? You know, for a company that claims to not do a lot with video games... they're doing a lot with video games.

I noticed that too...

We're at...

Street Fighter (and Darkstalkers for that matter)

Marvel vs Capcom 3

Jak & Daxter

Ratchet & Clank

Uncharted

Resistance

Any number of Halo games

And now Alice

And Street Fighter is the only one of those that was produced earlier than a year ago. I think?

Someone throw this in Chuck's face in the next AskDST. I want friggin' Mortal Kombat minimates! And Mortal Kombat is a hot property again right now for the first time in years, so no time better to strike than now!

I think this is the most underwhelmed I've been in quite some time. Wow.

Alice would be neat if it were a more basic version of her, but then I'm not familiar with the story this figure is based on.

I'm still disappointed in the non-exclusive choices for Marvel v. Capcom and these aren't doing anything to make me change my mind.

Alice is a nice choice for an exclusive, but the MvC set is very disappointing. SDCC should be were we get more collector-oriented sets not a boxset of repaints and half a boxset that will be available at TRU a few months later.

What really bugs me here is... they seem to be showing alot of love at this con... T-Shirts, Posters, EIGHT free promo minimates... exclusives. Pulling out all the stops as it were.

And they didn't do squat at C2E2 this year.

I get that San Diego is the big con, so I'm not suprised they'd do so much there, what bugs me though, is the NOTHING they did at Chicago. I mean one exclusive. A promo. SOMETHING would have been nice, but nada.

Being a Chicago native, without money to get out to California, this vexes me.

They used to do Wizard World Chicago exclusives. Then they stopped. At the very least I could usually get left over San Diego exclusives from them at Wizard World, but the last year or two they haven't even attended Wizard World Chicago.

Last year they did a C2E2 exclusive, and since C2E2 seems to be supplanting Wizard World as Chicago's main con, that makes sense to me, but then they didn't follow through with an exclusive THIS year... furthermore, C2E2 is BEFORE San Diego, so I can't get any of the damn San Diego exclusives from them there either, because they don't exist yet. (Wheras when they used to attened Wizard World in August, after San Diego, I could.)

The minimate situation for Chicago cons has gone all to hell, and it angers me.

PS. On a lighter note, all considered, on the Marvel side, I think they made the right choices for wave 1 Player 2 variants. Dormammu, eh, player 1 colors are fine. Iron Man could have been good as silver or stealth I guess... but eh, not like we don't have 300 Iron Men already. White Phoenix and Deadpool in an X-Men uniform are decent variant choices. frankly i have very little interest in the capcom mates, but oh well. I'll buy it anyway.

And lets not forget there's probably very likely to be more exclusives for San Diego through AFX.

One thing that Chicago will definitely have next year (God willing)that SDCC won't have this year is..............................................................................................................................

........me . :yes:

Who needs a promo when you can have the real thing :rolleyes:

One thing that Chicago will definitely have next year (God willing)that SDCC won't have this year is..............................................................................................................................

........me . :yes:

Who needs a promo when you can have the real thing :rolleyes:

Noooo!!! My SDCC experience won't be complete this year without meeting up with someone who speaks in a funny accent!

As best I can I can guarantee that I'll be there & I'm looking forward to it :thumbsup:

Accommodation is always the minefield so if anybody needs a quiet,retiring,no-problem room-mate .......

....maybe I'm not your man :biggrin:

Seriously I would love to go.

Are you talking about Chicago Comic Con (run by Wizard, usually in August) or C2E2 (run by Reed, usually early Spring)?

I recommend C2E2. It's where PoP! will be.

Yeah - i think he did wear something similar on a couple of occassions . . .

430930-Deadpool_AndySmith01.jpg

I'm keen for the White Phoenix, but i kinda wish they had gone with gold paint instead fo yellow & a different hair-piece. It's not a very flattering do!

Yeah - i think he did wear something similar on a couple of occassions . . .

430930-Deadpool_AndySmith01.jpg

WHERE did you find that? lol

I as trying to find a pic of him in that costume for like a half hour this morning and all I kept turning up were pics of his other two X-Men uniforms.

i think i just googled 'Deadpool X-Men Costume' . . .

I mostly came up with the one of him with the yellow chest harness over the black costume, but finally saw this one.

EDIT: Typo

Edited by Nessex