UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimates at C2E2

MisterMiracle

If it does cover MvC2 then I'm hopping they make

BB Hood,Servbot, Jill Valentine, Guile,Ken,Cammy and Sakura.

Even though most of those are are my WIPs... ^^;

There's also plenty of Marvel ones I'd like to see too.

Edited by A.J.V.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So i saw a pic of the First Class set up, and Azazel has a red BAMF! piece and Magneto has his silver helmet. They look great next to the other movieverse minimates:

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=11_C2E2%2FC2E2%2FDiamond_Select_Toys&pic=C2E2262.jpg&dispsize=800&start=20

Well - that certainly makes them a bit cooler. They're still not the best minimates released this year, but this is helping :)

EDIT: Thanks for the Linkage, TTF.

IF MVC2 is able to be drawn from as well, then it'd be a great chance to get some obscure characters from the Marvel Licence made. as Gilbo mentioned, i'd love to see a Marrow made. It'd also be great to see some of the awesome Marvel Villains made like Blackheart, Spiral & Silver Samurai. I wouldn't say no to a MVC2 style Sentinel or Cable either!

Edited by Nessex

Great to hear that MODOK may become a minimate reality, but am bummed that Kang gets put on the back burner AGAIN. Come on DST, just put him out all ready. :rolleyes:

The thing that frustrates me most about the whole Kang thing is that Chuck has indicated in the past that he seems to think Kang's not a major character, which is just silly. He's one of the big villains of the Marvel Universe, no worse then second in stature among the Avengers' enemies. He was in Secret War AND the bad guy in Bendis' Avengers relaunch last year. He's a core part of the Marvel Universe, and arguably the biggest remaining Marvel character not made into a Minimate. Just make Kang already!!!!

But yeah, I can put him off for another year if it means MODOK.

Did anyone else read that Spider-Man Minimates are actually the most expensive to make and immediately think, "then stop making so damn many!"?

So i saw a pic of the First Class set up, and Azazel has a red BAMF! piece and Magneto has his silver helmet. They look great next to the other movieverse minimates:

http://i.toynewsi.com/g/index.php?mode=view&album=11_C2E2%2FC2E2%2FDiamond_Select_Toys&pic=C2E2262.jpg&dispsize=800&start=20

Man, I want a glass case like that to display my collection.

Great to hear that MODOK may become a minimate reality, but am bummed that Kang gets put on the back burner AGAIN. Come on DST, just put him out all ready. :rolleyes:

The thing that frustrates me most about the whole Kang thing is that Chuck has indicated in the past that he seems to think Kang's not a major character, which is just silly. He's one of the big villains of the Marvel Universe, no worse then second in stature among the Avengers' enemies. He was in Secret War AND the bad guy in Bendis' Avengers relaunch last year. He's a core part of the Marvel Universe, and arguably the biggest remaining Marvel character not made into a Minimate. Just make Kang already!!!!

But yeah, I can put him off for another year if it means MODOK.

Did anyone else read that Spider-Man Minimates are actually the most expensive to make and immediately think, "then stop making so damn many!"?

Secret War or Secret Wars? If you're referring to the latter, admittedly, his role in that was pretty small (

he got killed, albeit not permanently, in issue #4

). That being said, he is one of the Avengers' most iconic, significant, and memorable foes, and I agree that it's silly to say that he's not a major character.

Supposedly someone looked at the code on the MvC3 disc, and there was data on Doc Ock and Frank West--leading some to speculate that those could be the next two characters released.

Along with the Fantastic Four (who merged into Super Skrull), Frank was initially considered and developed. Not heard about Doc Ock though.

Even better news is they can do characters from all MvC games. That leaves the door open for lots of Street Fighter characters and Mega Man.

I know :D. Hopefully we'll finally get Ken, Guile and if Capcom wise up and use him, Talbon. And I hope we get Strider and Captain Commando soon. The more I hear of this licence, the more excited I get.

Although I believe Chuck,I do not believe that Underground Toys had little interest from retailers. If UT mean British or European retailers WTF are they ? There are no retailers of Minimates in the UK or EU ,if UT mean potential retailers I personally am not qualified to say who they would be, so can anybody else shed some light on this ? I guess UT didn't think of approaching TRU.UK ?

Character Options will be releasing their articulated Lego-size Doctor Who figures very shortly & it is my belief that these will be available in the US through Underground Toys.

Make your own minds up about that.

Edited by buttheadsmate

This line from the OAFE summary made me sad:

Turned licenses down because they wanted Minimates in different scales

Of course I can understand it from a tooling or strategic line planning point-of-view. But I still rather see new Minimates in sizes other than 2". I'm also really curious as to what those licenses were.

This line from the OAFE summary made me sad:

Turned licenses down because they wanted Minimates in different scales

Of course I can understand it from a tooling or strategic line planning point-of-view. But I still rather see new Minimates in sizes other than 2". I'm also really curious as to what those licenses were.

My thoughts too. And I find it increasingly frustrating considering we're getting more and more big 'mates that look horrid. Ah well.

I'm a little disappointed that we still haven't seen HYDRA Red Skull from the army builder sets.

To me what leaves a bad taste in my mouth is how Chuck says he turned down the lines because of that fact. DST is a buisness, they're in it to make money, so it's really only his personal preference of minimates (he's said before that he wants them all to be in the 2'' format) that's getting in the way of possible successful licenses.

To me what leaves a bad taste in my mouth is how Chuck says he turned down the lines because of that fact. DST is a buisness, they're in it to make money, so it's really only his personal preference of minimates (he's said before that he wants them all to be in the 2'' format) that's getting in the way of possible successful licenses.

Maybe having them at a 3"/4"/5"/Whatever" scale hugely pushes up their production costs. Aside from new tooling for the figures, there's more plastic being used, more paint, new designs for bigger boxes. . .

Perhaps they've weighed the costs against what they'd have to charge to make their money back and decided that the price-point would be too high for the average punter?

Maybe having them at a 3"/4"/5"/Whatever" scale hugely pushes up their production costs. Aside from new tooling for the figures, there's more plastic being used, more paint, new designs for bigger boxes. . .

Perhaps they've weighed the costs against what they'd have to charge to make their money back and decided that the price-point would be too high for the average punter?

Very true. I could possibly depend on the license I guess. If it's Star Wars for example, DST would be stupid to reject the license due to requested larger than 2'' format, because no matter the operating costs, you're gonna make money. On the other hand, if it was something along the lines of "Indie-Mates", i could see your point.

I've had the pleasure of meeting Chuck & if you think he's just in it for the money then I'm Mary f*ckin Poppins .....he's genuinely passionate about Minimates. He does however sometimes seem very blinkered to what is going on 'on the street' . I like uniformity & apparently so does Chuck ,I however would like Hulk to be uniformly in scale with Daredevil(for example) which in anybody's book is BIGGER. This is where Chuck disagrees ....although every ridiculously pathetic attempt to make him BIGGER..... although not making him bigger... have failed,big time :rolleyes: DST keep making the little big guys bigger but not actually accepting that they are bigger....he is almost in 'denial' .

This 'denial' extends to QC......no problems there either :confused:

The most irritating thing about this big guy scenario is that the tooling exists gathering dust.