UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Femmes Fatales Minimates

Have Dani be the Angelus but have the Witchblade armor be obscure enough to allow for a head swap. But seriously. Point me to whom I have to kill for a Witchblade set. Jackie as Darkness, Dani as Angelus, Sarah in full Witchblade armor, and then Sarah in her red dress from the first issue with just a removable WB arm. You can QC a NYPD Sarah pretty easily.

Make it happen, Zach!

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the only other licensed character we haven't made is Raven Hex.

I just Googled her.

Wow.

Yes, please.

:sweat:

She'll never drown

Have Dani be the Angelus but have the Witchblade armor be obscure enough to allow for a head swap. But seriously. Point me to whom I have to kill for a Witchblade set. Jackie as Darkness, Dani as Angelus, Sarah in full Witchblade armor, and then Sarah in her red dress from the first issue with just a removable WB arm. You can QC a NYPD Sarah pretty easily.

Make it happen, Zach!

Got my vote.

wasn't there a Raven Hex minimate prototype kickin' around back when a potential Tarot 4-pack was in the works?

UPDATE: Just found it. Why couldn't DST just use this version of Raven Hex? Seems "tame" enough for the casual collector.

We were talking about that one above. I wouldn't be surprised if the nudity was an issue to some retailers, but I'd still like to see the character get made. Although somehow, I'm not surprised that a nearly nude figure wearing steel pasties is "tame" to Mini-Myte. :biggrin:

When I first heard about the Tarot Boxset it was actually through a friend of mine. I never heard of the series so he passed on a few issues to me because I wanted to see if I at all cared.

I didn't.

It's not my kind of book, even with all the naked women and sex and any other amount of crazy crap you can think of. Some of the writing is just plain awful, and I'm not even going to dignify the haunted ladybits story with more than just that mention of it. But to each his own. I'm hardly going to tell someone that they shouldn't read something or like something just because I don't, much less mock them for it. It's a very niche specific title, and apparently the people who love it, REALLY love it.

That said, I would love to see that Skelton Man get a release somewhere down the line as it is just plain badass.

wasn't there a Raven Hex minimate prototype kickin' around back when a potential Tarot 4-pack was in the works?

UPDATE: Just found it. Why couldn't DST just use this version of Raven Hex? Seems "tame" enough for the casual collector.

We were talking about that one above. I wouldn't be surprised if the nudity was an issue to some retailers, but I'd still like to see the character get made. Although somehow, I'm not surprised that a nearly nude figure wearing steel pasties is "tame" to Mini-Myte. :biggrin:

I know you are just ribbing me and all ;), but DST's recently released Medusa minimate is sporting similar seaweed pasties no bigger than Raven Hex's metal ones. Explain that. :P

P.S: Medusa has no panties stamped on her crotch piece. Advantage... Raven Hex prototype. :happy:

Edited by MINI_MYTE

I know you are just ribbing me and all ;), but DST's recently released Medusa minimate is sporting similar seaweed pasties no bigger than Raven Hex's metal ones. Explain that. :P

P.S: Medusa has no panties stamped on her crotch piece. Advantage... Raven Hex prototype. :happy:

Valid point!

and @Geohound you are right. At a couple cons that I have been to where Balent is his line is HUGE all weeekend. His fans are psycho over him.

Fair point. But Medusa has a BIT more coverage with that seaweed up top and a LOT more down below, not to mention the distracting starfish in the center. And I wouldn't call HER tame, either.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow. I'd buy that set just for the Skeleton Man alone! I wouldn't care if you took Raven Hex OUT of the set :biggrin: . That coat is really cool.

I understand the book has it's fans, as does anything similar to it, I just don't get excited by drawings of bits.

• 2 weeks later...

I love these 2 sets, as well as the Indy Mates.

How are these chosen? Was this in an Ask DST that I missed?

Because getting 4 minimates from different franchises is a thing of beauty; so are all the unique parts. :yes:

what's the history on these sets? would love to see more female warriors, familiar or new characters.

You have NO idea how badly I want that cyber punk chick. These are so friggin cool.

You know, these are small enough yet pay for themselves, you could actually have this be an anual box set thing. Have a contest, people entier their designs or a poll voting for their favorite public domain character. Fan interest and keeping lovely ladies on the shelves.

Strangely enough I love Femme fatales more than indieMates. That doesn't excuse the lack of a HellBoy Minimate however.

• 1 month later...

I like that the 1st boxset has Lady Death she's awesome looking! I wonder if a living version of her will be made in the future. I would have to get that too. Seeing as how they did make Lady Death, a Purgatory minimate would be a cool addition..

• 1 year later...

Sorry for the thread necro, but I need some help from the community.

Recently I've been re-organizing my 'boxed' Minimate collection, and noticed that all 3 of the Femme Fatales Boxset #2 that I have are suffering from the same problem, the plastic bubble from all three has completely seperated from the cardback. Was this a common problem? I looked through the thread, but didn't see any posts about it.

I thought maybe I just had a batch of bad luck, so I ordered replacements online, and all 3 replacements also arrived the exact same way.

Can anyone help me out, if you have access to a Femme Fatales Boxset #2 that is still attached to the card, I'm looking for some replacements.

I just need #2. I still don't have one yet. :(

That being said, glue will eventually dry up. You could be running into a situation where all of those sets were glued using a cheaper glue and are this separating. Dunno.