UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Femmes Fatales Minimates

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wah wah.... based on how little chatter there's been here on the board about the first set, I'm wondering if the second set is even a sure thing. I guess we may still be able to get Anne Bonny with that skull head pirate ship if that happens... :confused:

Edited by Lobsterman

Yeah, I just posted in the Vehicles thread about lack of covereage of the LCS series 2 vehicles.

I got my Femme Fatales this week, and am very pleased with this set. The colors are great, and the Minimates are all very unique. I will probably get another box or two for parts, and definitely plan on getting the second box set.

Got my set today. Everything looked good, but I had a few minor issues with Dawn. Her left leg was rubbing the top of the crotch piece, which I was able to trim down for a proper fit. The left knee joint was also locked up because of too much paint. After some work with an Xacto knife and a bit of freezer time, I was able to work it free. I hope I didn't weaken the joint in the process, but time will tell.

Issues aside, I'm happy with my purchase.

• 4 weeks later...

Just thinkin' today...

If Femmes 2 is coming in January as the last ship update indicated, we should be seeing some cool pix from Zach pretty soon... Right Zach? These still a green light?

Crosses fingers. . . .

and toes.

• 2 weeks later...

No packaging pics, and nobody answering back here. I'm starting to worry! :confused:

That would suck if set #2 doesn't come out! I want it the most, and I've ordered 2! Anne Bonny AND Medusa both fit in with Calico Jack, Alice looks good and her and the last figure would fit in well with civilian mates.

As for Lady Death, is there supposed to be a peg on the hairpiece to attach it to the head? Mine doesn't have one, not sure if it's a molding defect.

No packaging pics, and nobody answering back here. I'm starting to worry! :confused:

I'm not too worried about series 2, none of the characters are licensed (they are all public domain) so costs to produce should be relatively lower for them. I'm guessing we'll see packaged pix in the next month or two with a release date of March/April.

But yes, it would be nice if we got something official. :happy:

I'm not too worried about series 2, none of the characters are licensed (they are all public domain) so costs to produce should be relatively lower for them. I'm guessing we'll see packaged pix in the next month or two with a release date of March/April.

But yes, it would be nice if we got something official. :happy:

Youbastards, I disagree, but I'm willing to be wrong.

My understanding is that these are licensed based on the interpretations of these characters. These are indie-comic characters, right? Otherwise, DST could use the names only for these characters but would have to redesign their appearances.

Still: Wave 2 = WANT!

The entire Wave 2 Minimates are based on interpretations created by DST for their Femme Fatales statue line, they aren't creator owned characters like Tarot, Darkchylde, Dawn, etc.

Check out this old Art Asylum Blog post about Chuck taking the public domain characters and giving them an updated look.

In fact, they recently wrote Medusa into the Calico Jack mythos!

In this case, I don't think it's the licensing fees that would sink this set as much as poor sales of the first set or too few preorders to make it worth starting production. The fact that they originally planned (or at least solicited) both sets so close together, then pushed back the release date for set one and bumped this one back a few months makes me think they had much higher hopes for these than what ended up happening. I would not at all be surprised to see this set canceled, and DST try to sneak at least Anne and Medusa into some TRU two-packs sometime in the next year or two.