UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Marvel vs. Capcom 3 minimates

sinnsyk

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, that Super Skrull is just beautiful. Makes the old one look sad. Can not wait to get him. Storm looks awesome too.

And now, I want another new Mr. Fantastic so he can have that arm. (cause I'd bet that purple would be a pain to change to TRU wave matching light blue)

those are great..... but why make a Spider-man if you're not going to do it right. As far as I'm concerned if you don't put the web pattern all the way around just don't make it.

Unfortunately, the cost of tampo printing makes four-sided printing on each leg not cost-effective. We'd essentially have to retire Spider-Man as a character.

Of course, we could always do more like this:

http://www.minimatedatabase.com/figure.php?i=44&n=Ultimate+Spider-Man

Nooooo thank you! Damn, I had forgotten both about that figure, and how much I hated it, until you posted that link. Thanks a lot :verymad: :biggrin:

And they really released the hell out of him. I remember him being in nearly every Minimate eBay lot I would buy back in the day, and I was always happy to give one away when I saw an opportunity.

Edited by karamazov80

Missing webbing on the backs or insides of legs isn't that noticeable to me, but when it's missing on the fronts of the wrists it always looks so obviously wrong...

Speaking of missing webbing, there's always no webbing on the feet pieces either. From looking through the Minimates database, it seems the only time there was webbing on the feet was with the Torment Spider-Man. Since we are getting so many Spider-Mans, it would be awesome to see at least one get webbing on the feet.

We'd essentially have to retire Spider-Man as a character.

You say this like it's a bad thing. :)

I agree with battlecat that it's the reduced arm tampos that really detract from the Spider-man 'mates, the leg tampos are less noticeable. I can understand the cost issues, it's just tough since it shows up so often because of the character.

Lovely looking mates there. I'm please about Skrull, was planning on giving him a spare Thing arm. Works really well with the flame piece. Chris is my fave, what a guy!

I'm totally pumped to get this wave tomorrow. While waiting to start my job, I'm "working" for my LCS part time and getting paid in store credit. Since it's not really work, it's like I'm getting them for free! Yay!

What a cool idea. How did that come about?

Jeeze, what's up with Rinfield's jun?

Is this one of those memes the kids are so fond of or just a really odd joke?

He's got a really big gun. looks like it would fit with a 6'' scale fig. I figured he must have had an exaggerated move with a big pistol in the game.

I purchased a case of minimates yesterday and lo and behold, NONE of the Chris Redfields have any flashing on the big silver gun. Maybe Max's revolver was a fluke. :confused:

i assumed so but i thought i would put it out there in case it was a problem

Missing webbing on the backs or insides of legs isn't that noticeable to me, but when it's missing on the fronts of the wrists it always looks so obviously wrong...

Speaking of missing webbing, there's always no webbing on the feet pieces either. From looking through the Minimates database, it seems the only time there was webbing on the feet was with the Torment Spider-Man. Since we are getting so many Spider-Mans, it would be awesome to see at least one get webbing on the feet.

Torment Spidey is also one of the hardest characters to get hold off....the 2 Previews versions from 2007 & 'Web Armour' also have foot-prints but we'll perhaps keep them separate & not mention them :thumbsup:

I'm totally pumped to get this wave tomorrow. While waiting to start my job, I'm "working" for my LCS part time and getting paid in store credit. Since it's not really work, it's like I'm getting them for free! Yay!

I used to do that too, once upon a time. This was a record store that also had a comics section, and I basically worked on Wednesday, unloaded the new comics, and handled the monthly orders in exchange for comics, books, and the occasional cd. Good times.

So, hey, lookee what I found tonight:

post-1943-0-00050600-1330656941_thumb.jp

Now, before you all go running off to your local Toys R Us... I did NOT buy these at Toys R Us, but rather in a comic book store. I'm pretty sure that they were shipped a TRU case rather then a specialtiy case, though the clerk didn't seem to bothered when I pointed this out. More pictures:

post-1943-0-40711500-1330656943_thumb.jp

post-1943-0-07358300-1330656946_thumb.jp

Couple notes: Taskmaster's kind of an off-white, but a sharp improvement over the previous release. He comes with a shield, sword, bow, arrow, and one of those new shield holding gloves (and no extra replacement glove. The video game guy's got a cool arm, dreadlocks, and no accessories save for a pee sled. Oh, and his camo pants will work well with GI Joe customs.

The store I got these at had at least one more of this set, and had the Sentinel/Ryu set also (I passed on this one because I'm just not interested). If anyone out there absolutely, positively can't wait to get their hands on these, PM me and I'll see what I can do.

I used to do that too, once upon a time. This was a record store that also had a comics section, and I basically worked on Wednesday, unloaded the new comics, and handled the monthly orders in exchange for comics, books, and the occasional cd. Good times.

This is proving to be extremely helpful in my situation. I am building up more credit than I can spend. Also, since I got "access" to the back I found a huuuuuge hold box for a customer that obviously hasn't picked up his mates for over 2 years. Found so many goodies in that box, but apparently they basically have infinite hold times. So, I asked if they could give the dude a call to see if he plans on getting any of them. If not, then I just hit a gold mine.