UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 9

CortherX

I still reckon that there are two(perhaps more) completely different Minimate manufacturing factories ,I can think of no other reasonable explanation for the vast difference between 'the best' Minimates & 'the worst' Minimates which we seem to get in the space of a few weeks sometimes. The Disney Heroic set could not have been made in the same place as the Spider-Man Fried Food set .....no way <_<

• Replies 692
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I still reckon that there are two(perhaps more) completely different Minimate manufacturing factories ,I can think of no other reasonable explanation for the vast difference between 'the best' Minimates & 'the worst' Minimates which we seem to get in the space of a few weeks sometimes. The Disney Heroic set could not have been made in the same place as the Spider-Man Fried Food set .....no way <_<

if you look at marvel alone, there are 3 (that i have noticed) significant 'styles' that they frequent.

there is this awful spiderman F&F,TRU wave 9, universal monsters crap

there is the this somewhat over coated but still looks good style (sdcc sets from last year and alot of other sets)

and than there is the 'normal' style such as the heroic age set or wave 36, not too much paint and a few qc issues that are barable....

thats the way i see it

so im guessing 3 differant factories

Rob, are you now using the word "reckon" when you actually speak, or just when you post? :D

The south U.S. is spreading its influence all across the globe!

Yeeeehaaaawwwwww! Who wants some vittles?

:D I enjoyed that & deserved it !! 'Reckon' is pretty much a Devon word usually preceded by 'Oi' ...the first person singular.

'Oi reckon yoom royt Zam'

.....& another thing K80 I have just started watching 'Treme' & the bus to Baton Rouge keeps being mentioned which amuses me immensely .....

oi parruntly lafjussabowt evry toim hims menshunned , zayin olzamundizmissus live dare. :P:huh:

A bus to Baton Rouge played a significant role in "A Confederacy of Dunces," I do believe. If you find yourself interested in learning some more about New Orleans from a humorous, colorful angle, I suggest you give that book a read if you haven't already. It also has a very peculiar and heartbreaking story around how it came to be released to the world.

Edited by karamazov80

I feel obliged to quickly add that I was not amused by the predicament of the people in the TV show....hell no! I am course aware of the despair 'Katrina' caused but this show 'Treme' gives me a whole different viewpoint & watching a TV drama set nearby to where friends live is of course fascinating to me.

I'd love to visit New Orleans .....always have.

I picked up a spare Cannonball/Shatterstar and Wolvie/Magneto I'll sell for cost if anyone is interested.

that is awful nice of you. I have not seen these again since the initial release. I usually stop in around 11am once a week and nothing, not even the Spider-Man sets.

So I went to the TRU in Burbank today and they had a day old case. That is to say, all the Cannonballs and Warlocks were picked missing. Lots of Dark Magnetos though, if you're really in the mood.

Oh. Also, IT SNOWED!

Picture1-1.png

WHAT THE WHAT? I was shocked! Baffled! Befuddled! Snow in Burbank. Crazy pants! Probably the most exciting thing I've ever found at that TRU.

Checked my TRU in my hometown..... that makes 8 that I have been to and none of them have wave 9.

So now I ask...... does anyone have an extra six-arm Spiderman they can sell off or even just the 6 arm harness?

PM me if available, I don't want to clog the thread.

I wanted to share how I finally got the helmet off of the dark Magneto head. Ugh.

I put the dark head/helmet in the freezer for a little bit. Then I just accidentally tried putting it in the arm ball joint and the head fit nicely there. With it in the arm ball joint, the helmet slid right off. Then I put the head upside down on a table and just hammered the chest piece in and I FINALLY have a true Dark Magneto. Took me over 2 months to figure it out... <_<

Just as I was giving up hope, guess what popped up? It was pretty amazing, really, the Magik/Warlock set was just sitting in the first position on the peg at TRU Burbank. I think I set a land speed record snatching it up.

Unfortunately for the rest of you, there were no other chases there, but that's not the point. The point is to not give up hope, cause you never know when the set your looking for will just pop up and surprise you.

NOTE: I also bought a Wolvie/Magneto set to help clear the peg of it's warmers. Here's hoping for another restock here soon.