UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Uncanny X-Force Boxset

minimadman

The reason Wolverine is even in this set is because you have to have a big name star to sell the set to the kids. You'd think at this point Deadpool would be enough, but you basically need Spidey, Wolverine, or Iron Man.

Way back when, it was apparently decided that the box sets would serve to give us one figure who would likely never show up anywhere else, which makes Wolverine's inclusion in this set even more frustrating, since he basically bumped that character. Only a die hard X-Men fan would even know who Fantomex was, which means he likely won't be carrying a set by himself elsewhere.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only a die hard X-Men fan would even know who Fantomex was, which means he likely won't be carrying a set by himself elsewhere.

i AM an X-Men fan - and i don't even really know who he is. I can tell you this though - this set was a hell of a lot more interesting to me when he was in it. Rather than a new character, i'm just getting 4 costume variants of characters i already have :(

Only a die hard X-Men fan would even know who Fantomex was, which means he likely won't be carrying a set by himself elsewhere.

i AM an X-Men fan - and i don't even really know who he is. I can tell you this though - this set was a hell of a lot more interesting to me when he was in it. Rather than a new character, i'm just getting 4 costume variants of characters i already have :(

Someone wasn't paying attention to Second Coming. ;)

I'm sure Fantomex will be in a TRU pack; we already saw a proto for Gods' Sake (yes, Gods. i miss my BSG). The only thing that makes me mad about this set is getting the New New Team before finishing the New Team. I REALLY, REALLY, REALLY wanted Domino in her newer suit, especially after reading X-force: Sex and Violence (sounds more like a Spike original series...), and now we might never get her. Shame, i hate the Liefeld one.

Back on topic, i'm also dissapointed in this because i think plain, all-white Fantomex was A LOT more visually striking than this one. :confused:

He's one of the weirder leftovers from Morrison's X-Men run -- when Weapon X was revealed to be Weapon Roman-Numeral-Ten (no idea if this is still canon) and Fantomex was Weapon XIII I think? Been a while since I read it.

Someone wasn't paying attention to Second Coming. ;)

That's the first i've ever really seen of him . . . and he didn't add a great deal to the story line (unless i missed an issue somewhere).

He's one of the weirder leftovers from Morrison's X-Men run -- when Weapon X was revealed to be Weapon Roman-Numeral-Ten (no idea if this is still canon) and Fantomex was Weapon XIII I think? Been a while since I read it.
Ah - i see . . . thanks for the update. Looks like i might have to do some research on Wiki :P

Edit: Back on topic. perhaps we'll see plain white Phantomex released in a regular wave with Uncanny X-force Phantomex as the variant?

Edited by Nessex

I think the last X-Force issue I read had something to do with figuring out/ironing out Shatterstar's origin... was he from the Mojo universe? Did he have 4 fingers or 5.

THAT is a loooooooooooooooong story. He's from Mojoworld - but a future Mojoworld. So he's from the future of another universe. He was meant to have been genetically engineered as a warrior for entertainment purposes. If he was engineered as a Mojo-ite, he *should* have 3 fingers and a thumb on each hand, however i'm pretty sure he has always been drawn with 4 fingers & a thumb on each hand.

Since his first appearance, it's been hinted at that he's a clone or a relative of Longshot . . . again indicating that he probably should have 4 digits on each hand.

However - he was at some stage 'merged' with a comatose mutant named Benjamin. I don't really know how or why it happened, but the general 'gist' of it as i understand it is that his soul was transplanted into Ben's body. So - these days, he probably should be drawn with 5 digits on each hand as he uses a human body.

Parakeet Wolverine is gonna go in the pile of minimate fodder I have once I give the good parts to his earlier incarnation.

Seriously, why they felt the mak needed changing let alone though THIS was a good new one is beyond me.

I just really wants that Archangel. Another Deadpool and Psylocke is cool too, but like others, kinda wished it was the earlier X-Force team with Domino, Elixir, Wolfsbane, and Vanisher...

My problem with the Archangel is that it's STILL not X-Force accurate, only Uncanny X-Force accurate, which means he won't really go with the Wolverine, X-23, and impending Warpath figures. I'm still holding out hope for a future TRU pack of repainted X-Force Archangel and Domino

And yes, I would assume leaving Fantomex OUT of this pack was a way to offer us both versions of the figure with one being the variant, though I'd guess the white outfit will be the variant as he'll be getting the biggest push of his life in the new costume.

• 3 months later...

Thanks for the find, MiniFiend UK!

I seriously hope we do end up seeing Phantomex released in a LCS or TRU wave at some stage.

Maybe with a modern X-Force Domino? Ot even better, Wolfsbane: It'd be nice to have at least one completed X-Force line-up.

Less colorful Minimates is a step in the wrong direction, IMO.

I don't understand this line of thought. If you're collecting Marvel minimates purely as toys I guess it makes sense, but I'm collecting Marvel characters first and foremost. If it's accurate to the character, I don't care if they're wearing a crazy Kirby costume or jeans and a trenchcoat.

I don't understand this line of thought. If you're collecting Marvel minimates purely as toys I guess it makes sense, but I'm collecting Marvel characters first and foremost. If it's accurate to the character, I don't care if they're wearing a crazy Kirby costume or jeans and a trenchcoat.

I collect for a bit of both, but dull and boring just don't work as Minimates IMO. And this set is that. I've been making this argument for awhile now, and think it accounts for many of the failed Minimate lines (frequently involving humans without colorful outfits) and Marvel waves (movie-waves, for instance). But in full disclosure, of the comic book characters I really care about, very few (if any) of them are less than 30 years old. And back then, boring-looking characters just weren't made like they are nowadays I guess. The black and white Monsters are kind of neat because they refer to the old films, but these guys have no excuse.

Also, they gave Wolverine a beak.