UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

SDCC 2010 exclusives.

I'm having a hard time finding the general SDCC 2010 exclusives thread. This gives me an idea for a SDCC sub forum, but what do i know? That's silly to lump all related material into one spot.

Yes, we all need the minimates, but there's tons of other stuff out there. I and my friend need a Sgt. Slaughter figure, but I'm not that terribly worried. They usually show up online afterward. I thought I was pretty good this year, until I saw this.

Polly%20Pocket.jpg

I can't believe I actually want that. I can't believe how BAD I actually want that. Weird, no. I was just wondering if it's going to be available online after the show. I'm sure it won't be going for all that much on ebay, right?

Anyways, plenty of other great stuff out there. Discuss all the exclusives here.

I want the DCUC Plastic Man, 25th/ME Sgt. Slaughter, and the two X-related Marvel Minimates sets myself.

I think Plastic Man will probably the hardest of the group to get online after the SDCC knowing how great Mattel's online store is when it comes to ordering.

I am happy that the things that I want are available for order online. I have preordered the minimate sets from AFX to be shipped after the show (of course the gree giveaways is another issue)

The MOTUC exclusives from Matty (Orko with Prince Adam, and Mo-Lar with Skeletor) will be available on their website on August 2nd to order (and if I miss them there then I will just go to ebay since I have to have them)

Then the Hasbro Transformers Blaster exclusive says that it will be available on hasbrotoyshop.com.

Hopefully my online purchasing works out well and I won't have to go to ebay but if I do I can take comfort in the fact that I am saving lots of money by not actually going to SDCC. :blush:

Edited by gambitron

I remember hearing something about a Marvel Universe X-Force Archangel being made avaiable at this years SDCC.

is that still happening?

EDIT: Spelling fix (how freaking embarrassing)

Edited by Nessex

I remember hearing something about a Marvel Universe X-Force Archangle being made avaiable at this years SDCC.

is that still happening?

post-1316-1279248855_thumb.jpg

Yeah I think it's the upper left archangle. Maybe upper right...

Archangle

Be careful you don't end up like Tim Messenger -- he couldn't spell "Angel" either.

The greater good. :P

I chuckled at Trekker's post but those X-Men really do have their own particular grammatical idiosyncracies :-

I never knew that Xavier was pronounced Zayv-yur until I employed a guy called Xavier about 15 years ago.....he soon put me right :(

Rogue continually makes me see 'red' or more specifically Rouge whilst I always struggle with the 'O' & 'E' with Phoenix....I can never remember what is correct without checking. Cyclops is often referred to as Cylops & is it Jean Gray or Jean Grey? Angle is quite commonly used instead of Angel but I guess it won't rustle Warren's feathers but is there an hyphen in Ice-Man or not? Colossus , how many bloody 'L's & how many sodding 'S's ?

Finally Sabertooth & Nightcrawler .....just when I'd gotten used to spelling things the American way ,those 2 came along :down:

Thankfully nobody could get Beest,Mimmik, Tode,Biro or Havoc wrong could they?

Edited by buttheadsmate

Thankfully nobody could get Beest,Mimmik, Tode,Biro or Havoc wrong could they?

post-1316-1279308334_thumb.jpg

That thing gives whole new meaning to bestiality. You know, cause when you see it, you're Smurffed.

I want one. Wish they'd sell crap like that at SDCC.

Ah yes. Exclusives. The reasons i hate SDCC. ;)

I'll just list them, since there's sadly a lot.

MU Galactus (there have been hints that he might not hit retail after all...whether they mean on Blister Card or not, i was only gonna do retail for Surfer, and my LCS still has one. So.....)

MU WWII Cap

MU Ages of Thunder Thor

MOTUC Orko w/ Adam

MOTUC Mo-larr & Skeletor

DCUC Plastic Man

DCIH Starro

TS3 Lotso

BifBangPow! Twilight Zone 2-pack

and MAYBE

DCD BD Batman

DCD White Lantern Sinestro

DCD Black Lantern Hal Jordan

I say maybe because i may or not have a way to get them. I'm not going to SDCC, so i'm not holding my breath, but there's a chance.

As for the minimates, i'll wait will they hit my LCS like always. It's way too expensive already!!!! :O

I never knew that Xavier was pronounced Zayv-yur until I employed a guy called Xavier about 15 years ago.....he soon put me right :(

Rogue continually makes me see 'red' or more specifically Rouge whilst I always struggle with the 'O' & 'E' with Phoenix....I can never remember what is correct without checking. Cyclops is often referred to as Cylops & is it Jean Gray or Jean Grey? Angle is quite commonly used instead of Angel but I guess it won't rustle Warren's feathers but is there an hyphen in Ice-Man or not? Colossus , how many bloody 'L's & how many sodding 'S's ?

Finally Sabertooth & Nightcrawler .....just when I'd gotten used to spelling things the American way ,those 2 came along :down:

Don't feel bad, Rob. I'm a Yank & the color is spelled "grey." I also routinely have to edit the words "colour" & "endeavour" for the proper american spelling. :)

So, all day today I've been refreshing my browser to catch the Sgt. Slaughter exclusive on HTS (he was my favorite GI Joe as a kid). I always have their 'New To HTS' page in my favorites, so I kept going back there. At one point I checked their exclusives page and homepage just in case, but nothing. At noon, still nothing until I check their Exclusives page to find all the SDCC stuff there, but not listed as new to the site. And of course, both version of Sgt. Slaughter were sold out already (I really don't know when these went live). So, I felt like I got to relive all the frustration of going to SDCC, but without having to buy a ticket or avoid the crowds. :rolleyes:

Edited by groundhog7s

So, all day today I've been refreshing my browser to catch the Sgt. Slaughter exclusive on HTS (he was my favorite GI Joe as a kid). I always have their 'New To HTS' page in my favorites, so I kept going back there. At one point I checked their exclusives page and homepage just in case, but nothing. At noon, still nothing until I check their Exclusives page to find all the SDCC stuff there, but not listed as new to the site. And of course, both version of Sgt. Slaughter were sold out already (I really don't know when these went live). So, I felt like I got to relive all the frustration of going to SDCC, but without having to buy a ticket or avoid the crowds. :rolleyes:

all the SDCC stuff was listed at about 11:30. Mighty Mugg Prowl was listed about about 10:30. I was on the site since 8am and constantly refreshing. Anyway, Sgt. Slughter sold out in about 45 seconds.....Galactus took about 5 minutes. The exclusive Iron man took about 30 minutes but has since been relisted.

so dont feel frustrated about Sgt. Slughter. Me thinks they only had a handful. I saw him online for a second then I refreshed the page and he was sold out.