UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

those are cool Matt, and I think I'll be copying that Holocaust change.

As for Rulk, you can tell he looks somewhat taller, but looking and having read it, I'm really not sure what you've done. I'd love another look at whats going on under those pants.

...yeah, I said it.

hey what you and Rulk do in private is not my business :biggrin:

heres some pics that will better illustrate the changes

DSCN7720800x600.jpg

DSCN7721800x714.jpg

you can see the spacer in this side view

DSCN7722800x600.jpg

Edited by Mattallica

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

cheers, I get it now.

so, I'm right in saying the MvC Rulk has a slip over crotch piece with a twisty boost thing built on to it (unlike the wave 41 Hulk)?

I do hope the MvC green Hulk colour matches, for that essential extra height.

cheers, I get it now.

so, I'm right in saying the MvC Rulk has a slip over crotch piece with a twisty boost thing built on to it (unlike the wave 41 Hulk)?

I do hope the MvC green Hulk colour matches, for that essential extra height.

it does, but even with that i had to add another 1/8" (3mm) so the belly didnt over hang the beltline

Here's a modification I've been wanting to do for a while now. I had high hopes for the AoA Sabretooth, but was more than a little disappointed to see that his lower half was virtually ignored. Firstly, the minimate had no boots (like he did in the comic series) and secondly, there was no bulk to the lower half. The minimate looked terribly top heavy. In my mind, it seemed as if DST's budget for wave 10 ran out halfway into the Sabretooth design and they opted for a vanilla mate lower half.

Anyway, back to my modifications, I just repainted an Abomination crotch cover (with built in riser) and repainted a pair of Ratchet boots. Now if you intend to try this mod, you need to replace Sabretooth's crotch piece with an older one. The one that comes with the actual mate is one of the newer crotch molds, hence the leg joint pegs are shorter and don't allow for a good range of motion.

I had a hell of a time mixing paints to replicate ST's colors. The orange / ocre costume I nailed, but the boot color was a bit of a bitch to copy. It matches the belt color more than the gloves. It's a suitable match IMO. Please leave any comments you might have. Enjoy!

(click on thumbnails)

th_stfront.jpgth_stback.jpg

th_stprofile.jpgth_stangle.jpg

Here's a size comparison shot. Notice ST is now bigger than Blink yet smaller than Nemesis. Perfect!

th_stsize.jpg

Edited by MINI_MYTE

• 2 weeks later...

Because of the parts reuse of the MAX Scuba Divers and the Atlantean Soldier I’ve been able modify Cable to create a Simpsons reference I think Rob Liefeld would approve of:

post-1897-0-84510400-1316146802_thumb.pn

(he can’t stand holding all 5, so I think he’ll just go back to the 3-in-1 gun he had before, I guess even Cable’s giant guns have a limit.)

• 2 weeks later...

very minor modification, but think it looks pretty swanky. If you look at the top of the new Hulk crotch piece, there is a printed 'ripped-up' effect, which could be the top of the jeans, but looks to me to be the remnants of Banner's white shirt (as seen in many comics, and a few previous releases).

This new Hulk is one of my favourite minimates to date, but simply adding the white to that ripped section makes it pop just that little more.

2011-09-27171547.jpg

Edited by bobafett

• 2 weeks later...

finally modded my war machine.

-removed the silver part of the torso armor to make the it look thinner.

-separated the crotch part from the torso

-made the arms shorter

-repainted with darker gun metal color, red eyes and arc reactor/rt, and painted his decals

more pics @ my custom thread. :)

mini-wm-06.jpg

• 3 weeks later...

I know it isn't Widow, I don't have the figure, but I'm guessing X-Force Psylocke

Ding ding! Sorry, I should have posted the formula. Hair's from Spider-Woman (well, it's the same one that Spider-Woman has, but I had to paint a blonde one), chest is indeed X-Force Psylocke, arms are from that Peter Venkman that comes with the cat, belt's one of those X-Force belts with the "X" cleverly painted over. Legs I just had laying around. I don't think this color scheme has any basis in the comics, it's more just the parts I had available at the time. But she could wear this outfit, right? :ermm:

horrah!

v.cool looking though, indeed.

a potential quick custom for her could be...

XM:FC Emma torso and crotch

black arms and legs

classic White Tiger gloves? though there are millions of mates with those gloves, they should just be sprayed quickly

I think I'd prefer to paint the boots on, but perhaps the Photon boots? ... there is always the new Taskmaster as well.

I'm only really aware of the character myself, I'm just going off the majority of the top google images.