UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Modifying Marvel Minimates

mtd20_2000

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Funny you should mention the word "steal". I'm about 60/40 right now on giving up posting pictures/ideas of stuff that I've done/considered. I've seen a couple of folks take credit elsewhere on the internet for stuff I've shown here and it's just enough to stick in my craw. *shrugs*

Funny you should mention the word "steal". I'm about 60/40 right now on giving up posting pictures/ideas of stuff that I've done/considered. I've seen a couple of folks take credit elsewhere on the internet for stuff I've shown here and it's just enough to stick in my craw. *shrugs*

Not members from here, i hope!

Not members from here, i hope!

Yeah, actually.

An easy and convenient upgrade for the Sub-Mariner (especially if one has a bunch of left over Mandarin’s lying around from army building).

The bottom half (base, legs, feet, and hands) are from the Sub-Mariner in the Invaders box set.

The body and arms are from the wave 36 Mandarin.

The bracelets are from the wave 29 Black Panther.

Finally, the head and hairpiece are from Namor in the Defenders box set.

I feel this gives the Sub-Mariner a more detailed and modern look that fits in better with the minimates being released today.

(Come to think of it, one could use the wave 36 Mandarin bodies for making a Kazar or Conan.)

post-2109-0-71377600-1314307150_thumb.jp

Edited by mtd20_2000

There's been tons of Loki goodness in this thread, so I figured I would share mine:

100_8320.jpg

He's a mish mash of series 16 and female loki plus a few other random parts, and Daredevil face. I could't find my series 16 loki legs in the parts bin so I used Meggan's. The color is close enough for me.

Nice Modifications guys!

These were the modifications used for making my Captain America.

First, I used a Captain America through the ages Reborn head, hoodpiece, gloves, and boots.

Second, I used a Captain America through the ages World War II armor, legs, and waist base.

Finally, I used a Marvel Heroes box set Captain America’s body and arms.

Yeah…yeah…I know the hoodpiece for my Captain America needs to be a darker shade of blue. If only I was good enough to customize my hoodpiece darker (or paint the armor lighter) I would, alas, this will have to do.

post-2109-0-54914800-1314457016_thumb.jp

Edited by mtd20_2000

I think this would go here, I saw a DC character on one of the pages. I always hated the Hair piece that came with the Supergirl so I swapped out the hair with Sue Storm's and shaved it done to fit properly and here it is. I think its a big improvement.

img2682zh.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Nice. Where did you get your Fortress set up? I need something just like that!

heres a few recent ones for me.

DSCN7717800x600.jpg

DSCN7718800x600.jpg

added a small hip riser to get the belly to line up with the pant tops, allows better hip rotation and makes him just a tad taller

also new hair piece i just hated that Moe from the three stooges bowl cut also painted his eyes

DSCN7719800x686.jpg

i cut down omega reds hip riser to shorten him a bit then i cut out the chest piece and painted the details onto the chest block underneath

DSCN7716-Copy800x600.jpg

Holocaust got a hip riser to add some height then a black wash to bring out the details on his armor

Edited by Mattallica

those are cool Matt, and I think I'll be copying that Holocaust change.

As for Rulk, you can tell he looks somewhat taller, but looking and having read it, I'm really not sure what you've done. I'd love another look at whats going on under those pants.

...yeah, I said it.