UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 7 Announced!

pawcanada

Today it's Anniversary Friday, aka the baby has an over night sitter Friday, for me so Beer and Wine and Champagne Friday might be a bit more appropriate.

I was looking through the want/have thread and saw that there seem to be quite a few people with spare TRU7 exclusives. I know the board members in my locale are now taken care of, and I've managed to help out a few international members as well. How are other areas faring? Ebay prices still seem on the high side, but there are several auctions with somewhat reasonable prices. Are the supply and demand lines starting to converge?

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The TRU closest to me (Olympia, WA) had six each of the HB & Lockjaw sets this week. Looks like these are definitely moving out of the hard to find stage.

I left them all but snagged the Iron Man wave 2 exclusives that I needed and a lone Old Man Logan& Hawkeye pack that had been warming the pegs for ages.

The TRU closest to me (Olympia, WA) had six each of the HB & Lockjaw sets this week. Looks like these are definitely moving out of the hard to find stage.

I left them all but snagged the Iron Man wave 2 exclusives that I needed and a lone Old Man Logan& Hawkeye pack that had been warming the pegs for ages.

Yeah a TRU by me also got 3 cases and all were put out.

Well my TRU finally got the wave in.

All the exclusives, and ONLY the exxclusives, were gone. Dammit. :(

If that's the case always make a point of asking, at least twice in the store near me they had just put out what came out of the box first to fill the pegs and the exclusives were sitting in a box out back.

T.

Asking was one of the first things i did. ;)

And nope, nada.

• 3 weeks later...
I finally got the pack I wanted, so now I have Lockjaw with Black Bolt on the shelf. I'm kinda tempted to paint Betsy's hood and cape white and give them to Taskmaster.

just tried the hood and cape with taskmaster and i must say looks killer i didnt paint just tried it and i think you have a great idea!

I finally got the pack I wanted, so now I have Lockjaw with Black Bolt on the shelf. I'm kinda tempted to paint Betsy's hood and cape white and give them to Taskmaster.

just tried the hood and cape with taskmaster and i must say looks killer i didnt paint just tried it and i think you have a great idea!

you could save some painting trouble and use moon knights cape and cowl they are already white

Cool, glad to hear it looks good.

you could save some painting trouble and use moon knights cape and cowl they are already white

I would, but I really don't want to spend an extra $8 when I have a suitable cape and plenty of paint lying around. If the paint doesn't come out looking good I'll do that then.

• 2 weeks later...

My wife always asks how many of those top 10 from the market watch I have each month. Usually I have at least 2. One month I had 5 of those. It shouldn't matter but for some reason it makes me smile to know that I have some of the things that the almighty people at Toyfare think are worthwhile.

• 2 months later...

I didn't realize Hulk-Buster Iron Man would be so hard to track down. I found LockJaw a while back but I have never been able to find HBIM. Scalpers are selling the thing for $35.. is it really that rare?

Does anyone know if Hulkbuster Iron Man might get released in a comic shop wave later on?

Edited by The Vox

In case anyone in NJ or PA is still looking, there's 4 sets each of HB/GH and LJ/BB at the Lawrenceville TRU on Route 1. They are spread out between the collector's aisle and the general superhero toys aisle.

Theyve been there forever... I was going to grab them a while back but passed because I already had three...

I didn't realize Hulk-Buster Iron Man would be so hard to track down. I found LockJaw a while back but I have never been able to find HBIM. Scalpers are selling the thing for $35.. is it really that rare?

Does anyone know if Hulkbuster Iron Man might get released in a comic shop wave later on?

Hulkbuster isn't rare & whilst current ebay listings are mostly way overpriced ..... they sell for less than $10 a set MIB,an example would be http://cgi.ebay.com/Marvel-Mini-Mates-Hulk...=item2eb182823a .........an extreme example but not particularly unusual.

There was a lot of hype about scarcity originally because of TRU's poor early distribution but that particularly beautiful item isn't rare.

Just continue looking at eBay you can usually find a pretty cheap set each month, cheap in my opinion being $5-10

Thanks for the feedback guys. I'll keep my eye on ebay and see what I can snag. I get a little spoiled with my LCS setting stuff aside for me and forget about pouncing on the TRU exclusives as soon as they come out.

I have a Legends Hulkbuster on my shelf and I really want to put him side by side with a MM version. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

I still have not been able to find Hulkbuster Iron Man for under $30+. Seems like this was plentiful in some parts of the country and very scarce in others. I've paid $30+ for a chase figure in the past but shelling out $40 for a TRU exclusive is kinda bugging me.. Am I the only one on here that had trouble finding this guy?

I still have not been able to find Hulkbuster Iron Man for under $30+. Seems like this was plentiful in some parts of the country and very scarce in others. I've paid $30+ for a chase figure in the past but shelling out $40 for a TRU exclusive is kinda bugging me.. Am I the only one on here that had trouble finding this guy?

I've traveled up and down the Pacific coastline over the past year and have never seen the Hulkbuster set at retail either.