UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Minimate Vehicles!!

• Replies 379
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone else having problems squeezing the Minimates into their vehicles? The Endoskeleton seems to fit in his tank just fine, but the jet and the time machine don't seem to have their respective drivers in mind. I had to remove the hands from the MAX pilot to get him in the cockpit, and it took quite a bit of work getting Marty to straddle the steering wheel.

with marty i went through the passenger side to fanagal him in and attach him to the stearing wheel

the pilot i also took his gloves off and put his arms on the back side of the seat and he fits great

I just put his arms straight down, and he fit fine, though he doesn't really look like he's doing anything. Still, nice little toy, and nice reuse of parts. I'm a little bugged, though, that they show all these neat things you can do with the engines on the back... but they only give you one engine.

I knew I had to make a Blackbird as soon as I saw the jet in Previews:

blackbird1.jpg

blackbird2.jpg

blackbird3.jpg

blackbird5.jpg

Each side of the jet received 5 coats of Design Master Deep Blue spray paint. I don't think this would have worked as well on the comic shop version, but it's hard to know for sure, since I was so impatient to start on this that I bought the TRU version (the comic shop version will probably be out next week).

I planned out the shape of the windows by cutting out scraps of paper and making lots of little adjustments. When I found the right sizes, I scanned them and made the red versions in Illustrator, and finally printed them on polyester film (sticker paper) and applied them. Now I need to find a good way to mount this on my wall above my X-Men display...

Finally got the HK and the Delorean at Toys R Us. I had pre-ordered them all the way back in May and they still hadn't shipped, so I just went into a store and got them. I had to call customer service to cancel the order, but luckily? they were still backordered... I love the Delorean, and this HK is gonna look great with all of them endoskeletons.

One of my pre-orders shipped this morning from TRU.com. Oddly, it was the second order I placed and the first one I ordered (which was for more) hasn't shipped yet.

So your second pre-order has shipped whilst the first pre-order is still ordered but is now the second pre-order ? If you placed both orders in order to ensure an order in which they were to be sent out then they are now out of order . TRU are out of order if the order is out of order & in order to get these back in order, in order to restore order ,send another order or pre-order the first order to restore order on your orders.

I knew I had to make a Blackbird as soon as I saw the jet in Previews:

blackbird1.jpg

blackbird2.jpg

blackbird3.jpg

blackbird5.jpg

Each side of the jet received 5 coats of Design Master Deep Blue spray paint. I don't think this would have worked as well on the comic shop version, but it's hard to know for sure, since I was so impatient to start on this that I bought the TRU version (the comic shop version will probably be out next week).

I planned out the shape of the windows by cutting out scraps of paper and making lots of little adjustments. When I found the right sizes, I scanned them and made the red versions in Illustrator, and finally printed them on polyester film (sticker paper) and applied them. Now I need to find a good way to mount this on my wall above my X-Men display...

Dang!

You need to custom make like a TON of these bad boys for the rest of us now! XD

Seriously, I thought the same idea for the MAX jet too when I saw it, but due to not being good at making custom anything... Just to see how it looks now. Just awesome.

One of my pre-orders shipped this morning from TRU.com. Oddly, it was the second order I placed and the first one I ordered (which was for more) hasn't shipped yet.

So your second pre-order has shipped whilst the first pre-order is still ordered but is now the second pre-order ? If you placed both orders in order to ensure an order in which they were to be sent out then they are now out of order . TRU are out of order if the order is out of order & in order to get these back in order, in order to restore order ,send another order or pre-order the first order to restore order on your orders.

What? :blink:

head-explodes-big-761159.jpg

Exactly.

I really don't like how the Mini-Time Machine looks from a side or 3/4ths angle view BUT I finally figures out how to display it: Dead on!

From the sides the time machine looks squatty but from a straight on view, it's pretty good (a little tall, but it's as wide as it should be about) I butted it up against the back of my display shelf, with Doc, Marty and a custom 10th Doctor (he hitched a ride with them since I'm too lazy to print and build a mini-TARDIS yet) climbing out of it and it looks just as good as any official full-sized time-machine but for half-the-shelf-space! (I'm thinking I might make a back drop for it to make it look as though it crashed through a wall)

I also got the Mini-Jet and I do want to say, the modular-ness of the jets shows some real potential for the unlicensed vehicles, right out the box you can pick up to 4 different wing configurations (If anyone doesn't want their Jet's Jet-pack I'll buy it off you, I'd kind of like to go with the dual-turbine set up on the box but I'm not willing to spend $12 on another jet), I'm not sure how that would translate to more realistic vehicles like the fire truck and helicopter being able to switch parts or set them up upside-down-backwards pieces, but more faux-future vehicles will open some fun options, especially if the pirate ship is Max compatible (space pirates! They're pirates in spaaace!)

I wonder if there's a way to make the red windows transparent. I know the TRU canopy is yellow and the LCS version is black, so there's probably not many ways to change the color while maintaining the transparency.

Yeah that would definitely have been cool. Maybe a future MAX vehicle will have a similar red canopy.

I wonder if there's a way to make the red windows transparent. I know the TRU canopy is yellow and the LCS version is black, so there's probably not many ways to change the color while maintaining the transparency.

Yeah that would definitely have been cool. Maybe a future MAX vehicle will have a similar red canopy.

Might it be possible to soak the yellow canopy in some RIT dye to get a red tint to it?

BS

Might it be possible to soak the yellow canopy in some RIT dye to get a red tint to it?

BS

No. Clear parts do not dye.

...They only fade away.