UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 6 hint!

minijeff

Baron Zemo seems to be tickling my fancy right now. He'd make a pretty cool villian. But first, what about a photonic Wonder Man or Genis-Vell?

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm all for the X-Men love now! I feel like the Avengers have gotten the spotlight for a while, so I'm so glad to see the X-Men getting some MiniMates love.

My favorite period of the X-Men is late 80's and early 90's, so these last few and upcoming waves have made me very happy.

I do hope that Professor X in hoverchair and Jubile make the list. With Surfer's deluxe surfboard and Phoenix's phoenix force stand, it seems like DST can do the deluxe accessory required to get a 90's Professor X.

I'd also like to see Longshot and Dazzler.

I wouldn't mind some more X-Villains, like the Brotherhood or Marauders, but mostly, I just want to see more X-Men and different versions of the X-Men.

Oh and for those looking for a break from the X-Men, that's how some of us have felt about the Spider-Man, Iron Man, and Avengers love the past few years. I think sales on the recent X-Men waves are proving DST is heading in the right direction.

Maybe it's not a bad idea to think of rotating things in this kind of way for the Marvel line:

1) X-Men wave

2) Avengers wave

3) Spidey wave

4) etc. (Alpha Flight, Iron Man, Inhumans, Hulk, Ultimates, B-level characters, "crossover event," etc.) Wave

5) X-Men

6) Avengers

7) Spidey

8) etc.

and on and on

I was looking over all my Minimates and have to say, we've gotten almost every big time member of the Avengers with only a few left that are missing really. (Tigra, Mockingbird, Falcon, Black Knight)

So it's nice to see some more X-Team love. Jubilee, Banshee, Sunfire, Dazzler, Longshot, Meggan, a new Nightcrawler, Forge, a bigger Juggernaut... And of course, X-Villains... Mr. Sinister, Pyro, Avalanche, Blob, Mastermind, Toad...

Of course I'd like to see more villains as well... Iron Man villains would be nice like Living Laser, Crimson Dynamo, Whiplash, Mandarin... Or of course Kang, Baron Zemo... Oh, a MODOK minimate would be interesting...

Ugh. So much still would like to see in minimate form.

Maybe it's not a bad idea to think of rotating things in this kind of way for the Marvel line:

1) X-Men wave

2) Avengers wave

3) Spidey wave

4) etc. (Alpha Flight, Iron Man, Inhumans, Hulk, Ultimates, B-level characters, "crossover event," etc.) Wave

5) X-Men

6) Avengers

7) Spidey

8) etc.

and on and on

Seconded and then some.

Although Spidey's villains' bench is not as deep as it once was, and the viable variant roster is thinner. (no I am not asking for a list of all the unmade variants and Spidey-villains, plenty of those around already, so let's not repeat, 'kay?)

Let me add that more than anything else in the next year mate-wise, I'd like to see an all villains LCS wave.

Edited by Mirymate

Mohawk Storm/Callisto

Green-white Rogue/Longshot

Dazzler/Magneto in the big M costume

updated tan Wolvie/80's Colossus

WIN!

I'm more of an Avengers fan but this is close to a dream X-Men wave for me.

Switch out Dazzler and Longshot for Nightcrawler and Juggernaut and have Forge as the Variant in the Storm pack. Id also rather have the green and black or orange turtleneck Rogue.

1) X-Men wave

2) Avengers wave

3) Spidey wave

5) X-Men

6) Avengers

7) Spidey

8) etc.

and on and on

Uhhhh, hello? Where's the Fantastic Four? The F4, Iron Man and Hulk should get their own spot in the rotation. An Inhumans box set would go nicely with a 2-pack wave including F4 She-Hulk, Alicia, Puppet Master and Annihilus!

Uhhhh, hello? Where's the Fantastic Four? The F4, Iron Man and Hulk should get their own spot in the rotation. An Inhumans box set would go nicely with a 2-pack wave including F4 She-Hulk, Alicia, Puppet Master and Annihilus!

An updated Fantastic Four box set would be nice. The ones we got based off the original F4 designs definitely look dated next to a lot of the newer minimates. Doctor Doom got an update, why shouldn't they get one?

I'm seriously surprised we haven't gotten redone versions of some characters over other even. Juggernaut being a big example of needing updating. An example of which, it kinda disappointed me to see Armored Daredevil still used the older Daredevil mask piece on it/

There are rumors swirling of an FF movie reboot, and of Marvel/Disney trying to get the rights back and their doing a reboot as part of the "shared universe". If those rumors prove true, then you'll see another FF wave.

Love to see it, though. I'd like a completely no-powers Johnny Storm, FF She-Hulk, Moleman and the Moliods as an army builder. And all of the four in the black and white costumes.

Handsome, I love the Fantastic Four as much as the next guy, but DST clearly doesn't give them the level of attention that they have X-Men, Avengers, and Spidey, and I don't think their popularity or range of well-known villains warrants it (unlike X-Men and Avengers, they don't have a massive roster to be explored, either). Maybe every 4th or 5th rotation they could stick in an FF wave.

And Mirymate, I don't care if every Spidey villain has been made 10 times over, anyone here thinks we won't get a Spidey wave every 4th or 5th wave is nuts. We haven't even seen Scuba Attack Spidey or Spider Phoenix yet!

Edited by karamazov80

I'm all for more X-men; they've always been my favorite thing to come from Marvel. Any Jean Grey love is okay with me, DST!! AoA and "Here comes Tomorrow" sets would be nice, too. :P

BUT i am also a huge fan of Marvel's First Family. I am shocked that DST hasn't updated these guys since their box set, which quite frankly was sucky, and this year would be a great time to do so (it's the F4's turn for an Event, after all :P). However, i really hope that if they are redone it isn't in the modern suits. I'd much prefer:

Black and White Era-F4:

Reed/Immortus (C'mon DST. C'MON.)

Sue/Human Torch

The Thing/Moloid

Ben Grimm/Moloid

TRU tie-in Set:

Crystal/Ronan the Accuser

Or, and this is somewhat of a stretch even though DST has peppered them in frequently as of late:

Ultimate Fantastic Four:

Ult. Reed/Ult. Namor

Ult. Sue/Ult. Thing

Ult. Torch/Ult. AIM Agent (hey, it's a neat design and an Ult wave. Sue me. :P)

Ult. Johnny/Ult. AIM Agent

TRU tie-in:

Ult. Doom/Ult. Mole Man

I'd be fine with both. The designs in either are fantastic, as i love both old-school stuff and the Ulti-verse. The F4 just need more coverage and general.

And Mirymate, I don't care if every Spidey villain has been made 10 times over, anyone here thinks we won't get a Spidey wave every 4th or 5th wave is nuts. We haven't even seen Scuba Attack Spidey or Spider Phoenix yet!

Hey long as we get to an Amazing Bag-Man eventually, I'll be happy. ;)

Hey long as we get to an Amazing Bag-Man eventually, I'll be happy. ;)

i second that!! :D

Ult. Doom/Ult. Mole Man

Does Ult.Doom still have the goat feet? That'd be pretty cool to see in minimate form.

I've already listed this idea before, but Immagonna list again: Fantastic Four needs box sets similar to the Classic X-Men/X-Factor sets.

Set 1: "Powered Down" in Dark Blue/White outfits

-Lab Coat Reed with Test Tubes

-Secret Wars Poll Loser Ben Grimm

-visible Sue Storm (with an extra set of half-phasing limbs)

-non-flamey Johny Storm (also with extra phasing limbs, fire hair, and flight stand)

Set 2: "Powered Up" in Blue/Black outfits

-Mr.Fantastic with bendy limbs

-the Thing (with those weird new Beast duck boots)

-Invisible Girl (with a second set of limbs that start clear at the shoulder/hips but phase to solid at the hands/feet)

-The Human Torch (same kinda limbs as his sister, just fiery instead of clear)

Set 3: "a set in case the colors above don't match the team costume you like best":

-Mr.Fantastic and the Thing from set 2 but in Dark Blue/White costumes

-visible Sue and non-flamey Johnny from set 1 in Blue/Black outfits.

TRU tie-in:

-Lab Reed (in Blue/Black) with Invisible girl (who's solid limb ends are Dark Blue/Black)

-Ben Grimm (in Blue/Black) with Human Torch (who's solid limb ends are Dark Blue/Black)

that way EVERYONE is happy!

Ult. Doom/Ult. Mole Man

Does Ult.Doom still have the goat feet? That'd be pretty cool to see in minimate form.

I've already listed this idea before, but Immagonna list again: Fantastic Four needs box sets similar to the Classic X-Men/X-Factor sets.

Set 1: "Powered Down" in Dark Blue/White outfits

-Lab Coat Reed with Test Tubes

-Secret Wars Poll Loser Ben Grimm

-visible Sue Storm (with an extra set of half-phasing limbs)

-non-flamey Johny Storm (also with extra phasing limbs, fire hair, and flight stand)

Set 2: "Powered Up" in Blue/Black outfits

-Mr.Fantastic with bendy limbs

-the Thing (with those weird new Beast duck boots)

-Invisible Girl (with a second set of limbs that start clear at the shoulder/hips but phase to solid at the hands/feet)

-The Human Torch (same kinda limbs as his sister, just fiery instead of clear)

Set 3: "a set in case the colors above don't match the team costume you like best":

-Mr.Fantastic and the Thing from set 2 but in Dark Blue/White costumes

-visible Sue and non-flamey Johnny from set 1 in Blue/Black outfits.

TRU tie-in:

-Lab Reed (in Blue/Black) with Invisible girl (who's solid limb ends are Dark Blue/Black)

-Ben Grimm (in Blue/Black) with Human Torch (who's solid limb ends are Dark Blue/Black)

that way EVERYONE is happy!

As long as there's at least one Reed in the classic black/blue costume with bendy legs, arms making a big mallet or hand, and a way to include a stretched out torso... then I'm for it!

Considering the massive upheaval that the Ultimate Universe has taken, I doubt we'll see them dip too far into it at the moment. I know we just got Ultimates, but I think they were more exception to the rule.

I'll agree that we are overdue for some Fantastic Four love though. It's been a few years since we've gotten anything from them outside of an updated Doom.

There are rumors swirling of an FF movie reboot, and of Marvel/Disney trying to get the rights back and their doing a reboot as part of the "shared universe". If those rumors prove true, then you'll see another FF wave.

Love to see it, though. I'd like a completely no-powers Johnny Storm, FF She-Hulk, Moleman and the Moliods as an army builder. And all of the four in the black and white costumes.

Man, I hate reboots. They just need to do like Hulk. "Yeah, it happened, but we're moving on"

Man, I hate reboots. They just need to do like Hulk. "Yeah, it happened, but we're moving on"

I think Hulk was more like: maybe it happened, maybe it didn't, but if we make one thing perfectly clear, they intended to be clearly vague about it being a reboot.

As a general rule, I hate reboots too. BUT I think in this case it might be warranted. I had no problem with the casting, even the nip/tuck guy showed by the second film he could play Doom if given the chance. And in places I did not mind the lighter tone the movie took. But both movies fell apart when it came time for action sequences, and the strange insistence that Doom wisecrack in battle. This is where the director showed he was out of his depth... badly. Really badly.

Oh there were questionable choices throughout- The Galactus cloud, Doom changing into a being of metal and electricity with the most power despite the least exposure, Superskrull Johnny, and Rubber suit vs CGI. (The rubber suit annoyed, but a badly CG'd Thing would have looked worse and we all know it) But "This is going to be fun!"? "Let's go for a spin!"? Completely and totally unforgivable and if a reboot is what it takes to make those line to never have crossed Doom's lips, then so be it.

That and Marvel really wants the rights back so the FF can crossover with their Avengers, and they need a reboot to do that. Why? Because they'd have to pay Fox it they referenced the first two films even if Marvel owned the third one.

Edited by Mirymate

Sorry to continue the tangent, I can't believe they let Jeph "I once had talent" Loeb come in and demolish the entire Ultimate Universe which took several years to build and for absolutely no legitimate story-telling reason. Who green-lit this crap? Oh wait, the same guy who OK'ed that Spidey deal with the not quite devil story.....

As much as I love Loeb's stories, they should've banned him from the Marvel books after Ultimates 3. That was just total crap. And if we ever get an Ultimate Hawkeye, I'm hoping it's not from that series.

Agreed Ultimates Vol. 2 is by far the best work of the whole line.