UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 6 hint!

minijeff

As much as I really want a Lizard, considering the trouble folks have had finding TRU exclusives can you imagine the wail that would go up on this board if the Lizard was a one per case? If you're having trouble seeing it, just go check out Dio's earlier post on the TRU sucks thread, then magnify that exponentially.

Although you two are working too hard. Dr. Conners is a Secret Wars participant, just pair him with Mohawk Storm. (assuming they don't listen to me and pair her with Klaw.)

No more 1 per case figures at TRU remember.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good call on Lizard Trekker, it somehow hadn't sunk in that we only have one Spidey 'big bad' to go, that's awesome!

I would love a civvy Harry to go with the other '60s Coffee Bean gang, but we never seem to get Marvelmates out of costume anymore, except for that cool Norman...

Edited by battlecat

Personally, I'd like to see more civi-mates included in upcoming wave... besides more movie Pepper Potts and out of armor Tonys. I had started a longer list of wants, but decided I'd better make that it's own thread.

And to 1 per status... I was my understanding that it was more the case that they were exclusive #1 was one per in one case, while exl #2 was two per. But then in the next case, there's two exl #1, and only one of #2. And all it would take is a case with only one Lizard arriving in a few key spots with no second case coming behind it and moaning will start fresh.

As much as I really want a Lizard, considering the trouble folks have had finding TRU exclusives can you imagine the wail that would go up on this board if the Lizard was a one per case? If you're having trouble seeing it, just go check out Dio's earlier post on the TRU sucks thread, then magnify that exponentially.

Although you two are working too hard. Dr. Conners is a Secret Wars participant, just pair him with Mohawk Storm. (assuming they don't listen to me and pair her with Klaw.)

HAHA! That would be awesome. Include pieces to make Dr. Curt AND the Lizard, and then make him 1 per case. I'd die laughing. Probably cause yall would kill me. :P

The Fantastic Four need a bit of love IMO & it's been a long time since they've had a revamp.....which brings me on nicely to Morbius & perhaps Man-Wolf . The in-thing (again -_- ) at the moment are vampires & werewolves & this fad has probably not been missed on the marketing radar.

Silver Age Angel is going to happen 'somewhere' as is Deadpool ,neither is restricted by being a variant character either.......expect these sooner rather than later.

Miry mentions 'civilians' ......these don't sell I'm afraid. There may be a couple of exceptions although I can't think of any ......................" Previously on '24' " . A range of swappable heads/hairpieces might work in a box-set but even that I find unlikely.

TRU Doctor Who 'mates?......

.........dream on Rob. :(

Considering the amount of Spider-Man villains we've gotten already, I'm fairly optimistic that we'll get Morbius and Man-Wolf as Minimates. Hopefully sooner rather than later. FrankenCastle would also be great, along with any of the Legion of Monsters.

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a Nightcrawler / Meggan 2-pack exclusive to finish the Excalibur team.

And because of the screw-up that surronds him, I forsee Silver Age Angel likely for a TRU re-release.

Edited by boyd

Howard the Duck Minimate ........it'll never happen :D

Howard is awesome and has my vote for sure! They could reuse the "duck feet" and Kingpin's cigar hand...

That would fit the bill actually. I miss Howard the Duck,if you think my sad puns are bad :yes: blame Steve Gerber's Howard the Duck era. Now you've got me started.......

Kill Bill ,The Eider Sanction , The Green Gosling, Ducktor Who, Sir Francis Drake, Drakeula, Quackula, Eggs-Files,Loch Nest, Goosebusters, Raiders of the Duck Ark, Goosed , .........stop it stop it :woot:

Nightcrawler is one of the few older Minimates that has yet to see re-release and would be very welcome.

Especially one that doesn't break.

Well, just so we can refocus things instead of devolving into another flat out wishlist (and thereby make the mods grumpy) most TRU waves have a pair of 2 packs that are exclusives. That's 4 total figures for the math challenged. And on of those figures, Mohawk Storm, we know.

We've speculation ad nauseam about who gets packed with Storm.

So who is the other two pack?

Personally, I'd be stunned if it included the Lizard or Morbius. I think we'll see them sooner rather than later, but we must fill out the next Spider-Wave don't you know.

Angel, Swordsman, Union Jack, were related to recently released boxed sets. As were obviously Bullseye/Moonstone and Molecule Man / Spider Woman. Even the exclusive Hawkeye was related to the Wolverine TtA set.

So...

I think that IF this follows the pattern, we could see another cosmic type character related to Warlock or Thanos to tie into the IG set. Pip the Troll would rock. As would Moondragon or Quasar.

Equally obscure to Pip, but related to recent sets, the Morlok Caliban joined X-Factor very briefly before the first encounter with Apocalypse and his Horseman, and unless my memory is failing me, he wore a purple w/ white X version of the X-Factor uniform. It's obscure to the point of almost random, but there it is.

Less obscure, the Mimic hung around with the X-Men while they were wearing their original uniforms, and would be exceptionally welcome in my collection.

Thoughts?

I still want a friggin Pyro. And an avalanche.

Well, just so we can refocus things instead of devolving into another flat out wishlist (and thereby make the mods grumpy) most TRU waves have a pair of 2 packs that are exclusives. That's 4 total figures for the math challenged. And on of those figures, Mohawk Storm, we know.

We've speculation ad nauseam about who gets packed with Storm.

So who is the other two pack?

Personally, I'd be stunned if it included the Lizard or Morbius. I think we'll see them sooner rather than later, but we must fill out the next Spider-Wave don't you know.

Angel, Swordsman, Union Jack, were related to recently released boxed sets. As were obviously Bullseye/Moonstone and Molecule Man / Spider Woman. Even the exclusive Hawkeye was related to the Wolverine TtA set.

So...

I think that IF this follows the pattern, we could see another cosmic type character related to Warlock or Thanos to tie into the IG set. Pip the Troll would rock. As would Moondragon or Quasar.

Equally obscure to Pip, but related to recent sets, the Morlok Caliban joined X-Factor very briefly before the first encounter with Apocalypse and his Horseman, and unless my memory is failing me, he wore a purple w/ white X version of the X-Factor uniform. It's obscure to the point of almost random, but there it is.

Less obscure, the Mimic hung around with the X-Men while they were wearing their original uniforms, and would be exceptionally welcome in my collection.

Thoughts?

I woluld love to see a Pip the Troll, or a Moondragon to fill out the Infinity Gauntlet set. As for the X-factor set a Caliban from X-factor would be cool, but I would also like to see the Horsemen of the Apocalypse Caliban as well.

I woluld love to see a Pip the Troll, or a Moondragon to fill out the Infinity Gauntlet set. As for the X-factor set a Caliban from X-factor would be cool, but I would also like to see the Horsemen of the Apocalypse Caliban as well.

I woluld love to see a Tripp the Pole & Czech 'Mate 2 pack to fill out the Art Asylum Seeking set who run the gauntlet each night through the Channel Tunnel from France. .....I really woluld. I'm not sure what the horsepower of an Apocalypse Caliban is but from what I've heard it is a comfortable ride ,4-wheel drive ,good on gas & value for money......a car for today.

Toad is the last remaining character from that first Minimate poster, right? I say Toad and Mastermind, but would LOVE to see Mimic.

Also Ultimate Colossus and Sunfire (I think)

Ult. Colossus is on a different poster. Toad is the last design on "that first minimate poster" unproduced. If there's a poster with Sunfire, I don't remember it. (Not sayin' it ain't out there, just that I don't remember it.)

I also wouldn't be surprised to see a Nightcrawler / Meggan 2-pack exclusive to finish the Excalibur team.

I can not 'Second' this enough!

I'm not sayin' I don't want to see this set. I do. A lot. I missed the boat on the Classic X-Men set, and it's currently running too rich for my budget on eBay, so Nightcrawler is a BIG X-want for me. I just don't know if it'd be a TRU set.

I can not 'Second' this enough!

I'm not sayin' I don't want to see this set. I do. A lot. I missed the boat on the Classic X-Men set, and it's currently running too rich for my budget on eBay, so Nightcrawler is a BIG X-want for me. I just don't know if it'd be a TRU set.

I would like to believe that Meggan could be placed into a regular wave rather than in a TRU wave, but i'm noticing a trend of slightly obscure-esque characters and variants who might not make it into regular waves sneaking in an TRU exclusives. Gauntlet Stark, Safari Suit Wonder Man, Molecule Man, Warpath, Old Man Hawkeye, etc . . .

I know that they are not as obscure as some LCS releases like Spymaster & Vault Guard, but it seems like TRU is making an effort to appease the fans a little bit by releasing characters that are a little more on the obscure side, as well as helping to finish off team rosters (Moostone & Swordsman).

The Fantastic Four need a bit of love IMO & it's been a long time since they've had a revamp.....which brings me on nicely to Morbius & perhaps Man-Wolf . The in-thing (again -_- ) at the moment are vampires & werewolves & this fad has probably not been missed on the marketing radar.

Silver Age Angel is going to happen 'somewhere' as is Deadpool ,neither is restricted by being a variant character either.......expect these sooner rather than later.

Miry mentions 'civilians' ......these don't sell I'm afraid. There may be a couple of exceptions although I can't think of any ......................" Previously on '24' " . A range of swappable heads/hairpieces might work in a box-set but even that I find unlikely.

TRU Doctor Who 'mates?......

.........dream on Rob. :(

I am also ready for a Fantastic Four revamp, although they should probably be redone in an upcoming wave allowing for a Moleman with moloid army builders!

I would like to believe that Meggan could be placed into a regular wave rather than in a TRU wave, but i'm noticing a trend of slightly obscure-esque characters and variants who might not make it into regular waves sneaking in an TRU exclusives. Gauntlet Stark, Safari Suit Wonder Man, Molecule Man, Warpath, Old Man Hawkeye, etc . . .

I know that they are not as obscure as some LCS releases like Spymaster & Vault Guard, but it seems like TRU is making an effort to appease the fans a little bit by releasing characters that are a little more on the obscure side, as well as helping to finish off team rosters (Moostone & Swordsman).

Possible, Pale-face. The only point on which I disagree really is that I think both characters are strong enough to include in a regular wave then reissue to TRU. Even with all his recent exposure, Black Bolt is not a well known character, and Mar-Vell's been dead over 20 years now. The fact they got a 2 pack in an LCS wave wasn't a surprise, the fact that TRU picked it up was. I think on the strength of a reissue/redesigned Nightcrawler alone, that set would warrent the same treatment, not just a TRU exclusive.

But then, DST doesn't call me to advise on such matters.

I am still skeptical as all hell, and don't want to get my hopes up too much, but you are starting to get me to come around on the idea of a Meggan release as an actual possibility. Outside of a (no longer needed) Excalibur boxset, I never really considered her to have a chance, but you are making a convincing case...