UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 6 hint!

minijeff

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the best head you guys have found for Cap? I'm using the Sentry's right now (the old one's) and its alright...us I really want something better though.

What is the best head you guys have found for Cap? I'm using the Sentry's right now (the old one's) and its alright...us I really want something better though.

I like the new one and I like the Invaders one. Why would you use The Sentry's?

And just to clarify a bit- only the 2 packs with the silver "TRU Exclusive" seal on them are truely exclusives to TRU. Some of the TRU packs have been repairings of figures from LCS waves, which make the pairing exclusive to TRU, but they don't slap a seal on those. The Cap / Wolverine pack doesn't have that seal. Now that may mean that this exact pack is a part of a future wave (maybe 37 or something), or maybe one or both figures may be released as parts of other packs. A Captain America very much like this was released as part of the Heroes set last year. The face and hair are different on this current release. What that means, only time will tell. But it's an safe bet that at least one of them will be showing up somewhere else in the near future.

Sorry about that, I find the silver seal very confusing, since I'm pretty sure it appeared on the BuckyCap/AIM and Movie Hulk/Abomination packs, which were both just LCS mates in new pairings. It's also been left off of several Ghostbusters packs that were exclusives. :wacko: Since we just got the very similar Heroes Cap and Wave 28 Wolvie, I can't really see these new variations being released again in a regular wave anytime soon, but you're right that is just my assumption. Who knows what DST has up their sleeve?

I know I've asked this before and please forgive me for being confused but Are the TRU waves made up of 2 TRU exclusive 2 packs and 2 2 packs from another wave i.e. Extremis Iron Man/Titanium Man was part of TRU wave 5 AND Marvel wave 32. Sorry just having a hard time keeping track do I buy the TRU wave or wait for wave 35 or go to Ebay or... Thanks for helping!!!

I'll throw a spanner in the works here by pushing the fact that many of the TRU 'mates differ in some way from their 'main wave' counterparts. These differences are small & maybe too insignificant to warrant being called 'variants' but there is quite a list of 'differings' . Happier now :no:

There was a thread somewhere all about this , where's that gal when you need her??

There was a thread somewhere all about this , where's that gal when you need her??

It's nice to be wanted ... even though it's because you're a master thread-hunter :lol:

Seriously though, this looks like the main thread where we discussed the subtle variations in the TRU releases. Can't recall if they've been discussed more comprehensively elsewhere.

I stopped by my TRU yesterday and nothing (as expected). What was weird was that there were no spots at all for Marvel comic Minimates. There were spots for the Ghostbusters, BSG, and even Marvel Movie Minimates (presumably for the Iron Man II ones, though Wolvie: Origins were there). The people there told me that they must not have come in. Maybe my store has stopped carrying these?? I figure someone else just got there before me and bought all of them, but it was weird not seeing a spot for them.

i just want to give a HUGE shout-out AND mad props to fellow board member (and fellow louisville resident) pavehawk. thanks to the info he gave me via PM i was able to find the one and only TRU in the entire city that's currently carrying the series 6 'mates... and i now have all 4 two-packs. woo-hoo! thanks a million, bro!!!

p.s. well, my girlfriend had to pick 'em up for me, actually, 'cuz i'm still stuck at work... but thanks to pavehawk i was able to tell her which store to go to. and what's so weird is that i almost NEVER check that particular TRU due to bad luck on the earlier waves. i've honestly had almost zero luck finding marvel minimates at ANY of the TRU locations here in the 'ville. in fact, up until THIS very wave i've had to get my marvel 'mates at the TRU in lexington, ky instead. there are usually plenty of BSG and ghostbuster minimates here in louisville, but not the marvel ones. weird, weird, weird.

Glad I could help!! Us addicts have to stick together right?? :woot::yes:

damn tootin'! :P

hey, speakin' of louisville, where do you go to get your comic books, pave? i usually get my stuff at the great escape on bardstown rd. and are you into sushi at all, by the way? 'cuz even though the TRU in st. matthews sucks for marvel minimates, it has an AWESOME sushi joint: sakura. i absolutely LOVE that place. best spicy tuna roll in town! :D

So...

Every comics based silver sealed TRU exclusive has tied into a boxed set with at least one character.

Union Jack - Invaders

Bullseye / Moonstone - T-Bolts

Molecule Man / Spider-Woman - Secret Wars

X-Factor Angel - X-factor

Swordsman - T-Bolts

Silver Surfer - Infinity Guantlet

Storm / Klaw - Secret Wars

We also know that there are more boxed sets planned for over the summer. The question becomes is the Mr. F / Hulk set a tie into a Hulk set (WWH or PH related possibly) or an FF related set? Or have they broken their own pattern?

Good detective work. You'd make Batman proud (or whatever Marvel character is his counter-part).

Didn't Chuck say once that the WWH/Planet Hulk would have been good to do but the shipped had already sailed at that point? If so, the DVD release might have opened up a way to get back on the cruise.

I usually go to the Great Escape too. I don't buy many comic books any more, but I have been following the Darkest Night. Besides minimates, I mostly collect DCD figures, and Marvel/DC statues. I also go to Comic Book World over on Sheopardsville Rd, but its more expensive for figures than Great Escape.

As for sushi....no thanks....I like my fish battered and fried. :thumbsup:

With the exception of the TRU minimates I usually buy all of mine online from bigbadtoystore.com. It is a whole lot easier than trying to find them at comic shops, and you are guaranteed the chase figure. The pile of loot shipping is pretty cool too. If you haven't checked them out you should give them a try.

Edited by pavehawk78

So...

Every comics based silver sealed TRU exclusive has tied into a boxed set with at least one character.

Union Jack - Invaders

Bullseye / Moonstone - T-Bolts

Molecule Man / Spider-Woman - Secret Wars

X-Factor Angel - X-factor

Swordsman - T-Bolts

Silver Surfer - Infinity Guantlet

Storm / Klaw - Secret Wars

We also know that there are more boxed sets planned for over the summer. The question becomes is the Mr. F / Hulk set a tie into a Hulk set (WWH or PH related possibly) or an FF related set? Or have they broken their own pattern?

I'm leaning toward a WW Hulk set due to the battle damage on all the other mates. A box set would be a good way to get that Hulkbuster Iron Man... It really doesn't make sense that the main character not be included in the box though... Maybe a BD WW Hulk?

I usually go to the Great Escape too. I don't buy many comic books any more, but I have been following the Darkest Night. Besides minimates, I mostly collect DCD figures, and Marvel/DC statues. I also go to Comic Book World over on Sheopardsville Rd, but its more expensive for figures than Great Escape.

As for sushi....no thanks....I like my fish battered and fried. :thumbsup:

With the exception of the TRU minimates I usually buy all of mine online from bigbadtoystore.com. It is a whole lot easier than trying to find them at comic shops, and you are guaranteed the chase figure. The pile of loot shipping is pretty cool too. If you haven't checked them out you should give them a try.

yeah, the great escape definitely has good prices on dc direct stuff. in fact, they are holdin' a booster gold (JLI) action figure for me until wednesday. :) i don't get very many comics these days, either (just 5 or 6 books... with hickman and eaglesham's fantastic four being my current favorite), but i usually pick my stuff up on wednesdays. maybe we'll run into one another sometime. just look for a chunky dude wearin' a greasy baseball cap and holdin' a cute lil' 5 month old in his arms--- THAT will be me. :lol:

re:sushi: not a sushi fan, eh? oh, well! :P

re: big bad toy store: hey, thanks for the advice. i didn't know that they guaranteed the variants along with the regular sets. i'll have to check 'em out!

and to get back to what the rest of you guys were saying, yeah--- i'm kinda thinkin' that we might get some sort of "planet hulk" box set, too. i'd rather have some FF related stuff (a box set with the entire team in their current uniforms would be pretty sweet), but any new comic-accurate 'mates are cool by me.

i wish ALL the marvel 'mates were comic versions, actually. i'm just not a fan of any of the marvel movie minimates. call me a total nerd (which i AM, of course :P ), but i get so irritated when the movies take creative liberties with the look of each character's costumes...

A Planet Hulk Minimate would work well enough in a World War Hulk or Hulk Through the Ages box set, and could re-use some of the parts from WW Hulk.

I'd love for them to find a way to get us a gladiator Hulk, but it would really make me want the rest of the Warbound and a gladiator Silver Surfer (or Beta Ray Bill if you want to tie in to the movie).

Found Mr. Fantastic and WW Hulk today. I wasn't expecting much from Hulk after seeing the pictures, but once I got him out of the package and removed the waist extender I actually like him quite a bit.

I went on a TRU minimate run Saturday and hit the jackpot. Got Storm/Klaw Mr. Fantastic (LOVE the replacement lower body!!!)/WW Hulk. The thing that alarmed me the most is where I found them, a few isles down from the super-hero sction in the clearance isle. These are new and already on clearance. Does this mean the end ot TRU exclusives? I'm honestly mixed on tis. Someone tell Luke they might have an opening for exclusives. ;)

i wish ALL the marvel 'mates were comic versions, actually. i'm just not a fan of any of the marvel movie minimates. call me a total nerd (which i AM, of course :P ), but i get so irritated when the movies take creative liberties with the look of each character's costumes...

Well, it's like this... every time I get irritated with changing costumes for a movie, someone posts a picture of the poor schmucks wearing comics accurate costumes at the Marvel theme park in Orlando. Some of those designs just don't translate to reality. Spider-Man's does, Wolverine's... hoo boy.

I don't get movie mates either... but that's more a financial decision. Darn recession.

The thing that alarmed me the most is where I found them, a few isles down from the super-hero sction in the clearance isle. These are new and already on clearance. Does this mean the end ot TRU exclusives? I'm honestly mixed on tis.

I don't know exactly how you TRU is laid out, but at mine while the minimates were not with the other super hero stuff they are with the other collectibles. Actually the GB abd BSG mates were already in that section and the Marvel stuff just moved to join them. And they certainly didn't charge me clearance prices either. I wouldn't 'worry' too much.

Well, I went to TRU expecting to pick up some IM2 3.75 Figures, and I am about to walk away when... OMG, they have new minimates. My TRU hasn't had any minimates for at least two months, so I just stopped looking. Well I picked up Thor/Loki and Mr.F/Hulk. I like the new thor, although he is very bulky and hard to play with, my only other thor is ultimate thor, so i'm glad I have a normal thor now. For Lady Loki, again, bulky, but has some fun costume pieces. (the wrist things are super loose, but oh so cool.) Mr. Fantastic, my first of any F4, I like him alot, simple figure with cool base. Just hope for some HT, IW, and Thing soon. Hulk, again bulky but still good, I love his sword. I hate all his feet combos though. My first Hulk as well, so I'm happy I now have my core Avenger team. (Hulk, New Thor, Extremis Iron Man, and New Bucky Captain America) Looking forward to getting a regular Cap soon thanks to this wave.