UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 6 hint!

minijeff

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went yesterday, but to no avail. I found all the new Ghostbuster series but no Marvel. I'll probably go this Thursday and Friday. I love the thrill of the chase, but this is quickly turning into a weird sort of torture. <_< Anyone from San Antonio TX that can help me out?

Edited by rx78jj

I'm sick of the f'ing "hunt" and have been since the 25th Anniversary G.I. Joes got to their 3rd wave or so. I have no interest in driving around town trying to compete with whomever the guys are who seem to sweep in and buy up anything that is reasonably popular right when they appear on the shelves, in the interest of saving a few dollars. I'm resigning myself to the idea that Minimates are becoming too popular in my neck of the woods, and now are akin to the DC Universe Classics toys. I'll wait another week or so to see if they pop up on TRU.com. If not, I'll go to eBay, pay the extra $20 or whatever, and be done with it.

I'm sick of the f'ing "hunt" and have been since the 25th Anniversary G.I. Joes got to their 3rd wave or so. I have no interest in driving around town trying to compete with whomever the guys are who seem to sweep in and buy up anything that is reasonably popular right when they appear on the shelves, in the interest of saving a few dollars. I'm resigning myself to the idea that Minimates are becoming too popular in my neck of the woods, and now are akin to the DC Universe Classics toys. I'll wait another week or so to see if they pop up on TRU.com. If not, I'll go to eBay, pay the extra $20 or whatever, and be done with it.

I feel your pain. It's always folks with some sense as to the inherent value of "uniqueness" of certain figures, so they speculatively buy up a lot. Case in point: I got to TRU yesterday, to find 2 Cap/Dmg Wolv packs. Everything else was gone. grumble grumble...

I feel your pain. It's always folks with some sense as to the inherent value of "uniqueness" of certain figures, so they speculatively buy up a lot. Case in point: I got to TRU yesterday, to find 2 Cap/Dmg Wolv packs. Everything else was gone. grumble grumble...

ditto.

but remember fellow collectors.. "Patience is a virtue...."

:P

but remember fellow collectors.. "Patience is a virtue...."

:P

In some instances, I would agree, but I'm not entirely sure here. These TRU exclusives tend to maintain their value, and to only become more scarce on eBay as time goes on (recall that Stealth Iron Man was 2 per case). If I knew for a fact that they would appear on the website at some point, I wouldn't mind waiting for that at all, however. . .

Speaking of which, not knowing whether or not these will show up on-line is a real killer.

It seems to be a pure crap shoot as to whether a Marvel wave will appear online or not. So, after a few weeks the initial hype dies down a bit and eBay prices are probably going to be at their lowest point, due to high supply and satiation of initial demand. That's when I'll probably bite the eBay bullet.

I should note that I've been helped out by some very gracious members here in the past, which I appreciate. However, I don't like to rely on others for this, and don't plan on it. If my TRU is not going to have what I want and if the website won't carry them, then I'm just gonna contribute to the problem by reinforcing someone's decision to clear out their store for a $5-10 profit or whatever.

Edited by karamazov80

I know exactly how you feel. I'll check TRU before class on Thurs and pick up any packs you want if they still have them. I'll be happy to ship them to for cost plus shipping.

Do you want this entire wave or just the exclusives?

I should note that I've been helped out by some very gracious members here in the past, which I appreciate. However, I don't like to rely on others for this, and don't plan on it.

That's kind of my problem in reverse. I try to be the one others can rely on, but without the product showing up on-line I might be the reason that they're in the same boat as you. It bothers me that most TRU's around here get 1-2 cases of these only. In Indianapolis, there are 3 TRUs, so for this wave about 6-12 people can get Storm/Klaw or Reed/Hulk. For a city of over 1,000,000 people, including parents buying for their kids. That's pretty nasty odd and even that's if you can make it easily to all three (which I can't).

I try to be the one others can rely on, .............

That confirms it then ..............we're fucked.

I might be the reason that they're in the same boat as you

You are the reason we have a separate boat in a separate sea .

For a city of over 1,000,000 people, including parents buying for their kids.

How many people living there do not have parents or are not kids? If they are parents then they have kids.If they are kids then they have/had parents......so they're somebody's kids.

You let everybody down! <_<

......& their kids.

edit: ....& their parents........

......& me..............

& the boat.

Edited by buttheadsmate

:lol: *wags finger at Groundhog*

Do you want this entire wave or just the exclusives?

Thanks for that, but you guys who find extras could probably provide more help with guys living out of the country, who have a much harder time obtaining these things than those of us in the states do.

Having said that, I'm looking for everything except the Thor/Loki that we're gonna get elsewhere ;)

Finally hit the jackpot today! I only got one of each but was tempted to get two Hulks and Storms for trading purposes.

Same here. Of course, I'm content with just one set. Although, I do hate how long it takes for this side of the nation to get everything.

Does anyone know if the TRUs in Canada are getting these in at all, as was mentioned in a previous thread?

Thanks.

Unless I missed something, Pickle just said that Canadian TRU stores had ordered some regular releases (the ones that sell in comic shops), not that they'd be selling the American TRU exclusives. TRU Canada is kind of a different company I think (?), so isn't involved in the TRU/DST deal.

I just got back from TRU. They finally had them! I picked up the Wolv/Cap pack. I should've picked up the mr. fantastic one too, but I didn't =(. I just really hate that Hulk. The Thor/Loki pack is a reg. release, and I'm not a fan of the Storm/Klaw pack. I might go back and see if they still have the Mr. Fantastic pack left. They had 2 storm, 2 wolv, 1 thor, 1 hulk pack.