UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU wave 6 hint!

minijeff

I don't know if they've said anything specific about Toad. I remember we had a thread talking about him being the last guy left unmade from their early promo poster. But I can't recall anything officially stated by Matt or Chuck outside of vague "we haven't forgoten him" type refrences. If I'm wrong, I am sure I'll be corrected in short order.

I could be imagining this, but I could have sworn one of the Q+A's had an answer that seemed to reference Toad, that's what I was thinking of, but I don't know for sure if it was a Q+A or something else.

• Replies 560
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

didn't they say something about a toad under the pictures? maybe that was a hint---we do need a toad minimate!

I don't think it was a hint so much as a reference to the dumbest "joke" in movie history

We have a winner! Everything about that line - from the writing to Halle's delivery - makes me CRINGE every single time I watch that movie.

Is that a custom job or the real deal, Nessex? That black Jim Lee costumed Storm, I mean.

According to the site, it's just a custom he did with a black permanent marker :)

didn't they say something about a toad under the pictures? maybe that was a hint---we do need a toad minimate!
I don't think it was a hint so much as a reference to the dumbest "joke" in movie history

We have a winner! Everything about that line - from the writing to Halle's delivery - makes me CRINGE every single time I watch that movie.

Seconded!

(Although, i AM still fanging for a Toad minimate ;))

Edited by Nessex

Indeed the worst joke ever actually. But think about this, if it was in a movie written, directed, and produced by Quentin Tarantino and Storm was from the beginning a guy with lightning powers and the line was delivered by Samuel L. Jackson with a couple of "motherfuckers" and "bitch"s thrown in, it would have been the greatest line in the film.

SLJ: Do you know what happens to a motherfuckin toad when it's struck by motherfuckin lightning? the same goddamn thing that happens to everything else BITCH!

[Toad is struck by lightning. His head explodes in a mass of gore. His charred body flies over the bay and into the city, landing on a couple having sex.]

Yay Tarantino.

The 80's we the X-Mens best era.

This is the objective truth. The fact that I was a child of the 80s who grew up reading X-Men has nothing to do with my opinion. DST/AA, we need a completely 80s X-Men wave and complementary box set/TRU packs. Make it so.

Me. We need them, like, yesterday! Also, an updated brown Wolverine, Colossus in his mid-80s attire, Magneto in his outfit with the big "M" on it, etc. etc.

And though I got a bit Wolverined-out in the last year, that period has passed. Never too many X-Men! X-Men were always way cooler than any of those other squares like Spiderman and the Avengers.

Edited by karamazov80

So who else would we need for this wave? Punky Rogue, British Psylocke, Dazzler, Longshot...

Nessex: has nerdgasm.

So who else would we need for this wave? Punky Rogue, British Psylocke, Dazzler, Longshot...

The marauders with evil Lorna possesed by Malice would be perfect with this set!! We already have first appearance sabertooth!

epic EPIC Nerdgasm!

Malice/Polaris, Mr Sinister, Archlight & Scalphunter . . . . and Vertigo . . . and Goblin Queen . . . damn - this is gonna get out of hand and become another crazy wishlist!

So funny that Spider-Man who they insist on including way to often is the HUGE pegwarmer of this TRU Wave.

As for the 80s Storm... I'd love to see more random characters we're not likely to get elsewhere popping up in a TRU Wave. The more variety the better...

- 80s Storm matched with Forge

- Black Knight and Meggan

- Pyro and Blob

- Songbird and Baron Zemo

Not a single loser in the bunch, IMO!