UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

War Machine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Twisted Two-Face

Well, i searched and searched, but i could only find threads for the IM2 movie that dealt with cast and the SDCC panel/video. and then i figured this deserved it's own attention:

Hot off the presses, reported by Jon Favreau himself, is the poster for Iron Man 2, featuring Iron Man...and the rear-left of a certain WAR MACHINE. Man, Rhodie suited up looks incredible, from what i can see. And, from the sad spoilers from BBTS, i think we can assume the plot. No, i won't say anything, since we aren't technically permitted to as of yet. But wow. If we thought Tony's armor and the Iron Monger were impressive, you'll be speechless when you see this:

http://movies.yahoo.com/photos/movie-still...2-stills#photo0

I had to post the link because the picture is virtually unclickable and unsavable. And it can only be "shared" or "sent" to Yahoo mail users and dumb things like Digg. If any of our techno-wizards finds a way to post it, feel free.

Also, eventually, this could become the IM2 Thread for the movie as itself, to save more clutter. ;) I'm fine with it.

Looks pretty much just like the other armor with extra bulk and a Gatling gun-deal. We knew it was coming. I'm not blown away by it, personally. I think the helmet should have been made a little more distinctive.

Really looking forward to the movie, though.

Edited by karamazov80

Looks pretty much like what the IM toys for the first movie predicted it would be. It does look slightly bulkier, and obviously I'll hold all judgement 'til I see the actual movie. But it still looks suitably badass, and I can't wait to get the minimates. I'm personally a big fan of the Moviemates, and this one will be quite killer.

Also, how come nobody's really mentioned the new Iron Man armour? I think it looks even better than the first one!

Edited by Kamsm8

On the one hand, he looks good. On the other, I personally think he's being used too soon. YMMV.

• 3 weeks later...

Heh. Like I needed a reason to be more excited to see this movie.

Man, that looks like fun!!!

Just got that word from Myspace, and just saw the trailer itsel.f Holy. Hell. That looks pretty damn incredible!!!! Whiplash is just neat, with his electric coils, and i love the expansion of Tony and Pepper's relationship; how adorable!! :lol: The ending of that trailer was amazing, though!! Rhodie IN ACTION!!!! Oh my God!!!!!!!!!!!! :jawdrop: that was great.

And, if you look real close right before the Rhodie clipping, you can see Stark flying away from the Hammer Drones. :) Yay army-builder spotlight!!!!!

So just judging by the trailer...

Vanko may have actually developed the "arc-reactor" technology, which Tony's company may have "aquired" from the "crazy russian scientist". And since the little micro arc-reactors are the "heart" of the IM tech, Vanko sells it to Stark's rival, Justin Hammer, as part of Vanko's larger revenge scheme. And Tony, who apparently hasn't finished learning his lesson about pride and falls, gets blindsided by all of this, and his armored head handed him.

That's just my guess.