UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

just got mine today they are so cool but whipslash dosent have whips and my ironman has loose arms but i changed them with my 1st ironman so its all good

I had the same problem with mine (from borders). I was going to try boiling iron man so the limbs would reform but instead just switched the arms.

Are the iron man from the borders set and the regular wave the same (besides the head)

I am officially not a fan of the whole Borders thing. It's not the hunt that I mind. That's actually one of my favorite parts of collecting. It's the fact that, out of the four stores I've checked, not a single layout was even close to the same and I have no idea where the Mates would even be if they were out on the floor. Even the Marvel Select figures were in completely different sections at each store. It's rough, I tells ya!

End of rant.

:D i went to borders the other day and i found evry pack!!!! i picked up every pack plus an extra pepper for the drone, then when i got home the toysrus mates i had ordered where siting at my doorstep

quick review of the borders exclusive: the whiplash is pretty pointless it would have been much cooler wih an actuall sculpted bd vest and a whip. tony n the other hand is to amazing to pass up mainly for me because i personally love randys doughnuts and i cant wait to its cameo in the film

I am officially not a fan of the whole Borders thing. It's not the hunt that I mind. That's actually one of my favorite parts of collecting. It's the fact that, out of the four stores I've checked, not a single layout was even close to the same and I have no idea where the Mates would even be if they were out on the floor. Even the Marvel Select figures were in completely different sections at each store. It's rough, I tells ya!

End of rant.

Well, from what I've seen in terms of the Borders I went to, the toys they carry usually are either mixed in with the manga/comics section or on these little displays around the floor. That's where I saw the Iron Man 2 MS figures was on a little square display, so maybe minimates will be put there with them somehow. Not sure since I kinda bought almost all the ones my Borders had.

They kinda try to keep stuff together of the same items I see.

Honestly though I myself keep looking strictly in the comic section since it seemed like the most obvious choice. Those dang Blammoids DC Direct put out keep reminding of my hatred of them killing DC Minimates and felt those hideous things were a better idea.

Saturday night I was at an NBA game and left a little early to hit a Borders that was around the corner. I walked a few blocks only to find it closes at 8pm every night (I got there a little before 9). I didn't realize some locations didn't stay open as late as most. So, I'll second the Borders sentiment just for the fact that they're very unpredictable. At least with TRU you can expect that 50% of the time you'll be disappointed and you know that from the start. And it would be nice if these were available on-line as well.

If any Illinoiser is trying to get the exclusives from the St. Charles Borders store, that's the one my mom works at, so as long as I get one exclusive for myself, I can get any others you want at a discount.

And, if you prevent me from getting my own pack because you want to scalp it, I'll hunt you down. ;)

End of rant.

Well, from what I've seen in terms of the Borders I went to, the toys they carry usually are either mixed in with the manga/comics section or on these little displays around the floor. That's where I saw the Iron Man 2 MS figures was on a little square display, so maybe minimates will be put there with them somehow. Not sure since I kinda bought almost all the ones my Borders had.

They kinda try to keep stuff together of the same items I see.

Okay, but my main point was that I went to four stores and none of them had the Marvel Select figures in the same place. One store had them behind the front counter, one store had them back in the "Toys and Games" section, one store had them crammed into the sci-fi/fantasy section and one store had them split up in two different places.

Edited by God Magnus

Anyone have an update on the LCS versions of these getting a release date estimate?

Swung by Border's on my lunch and got lucky. They had one of each of the set +1 extra exclusive set.

Question: Why does Happy Hogan come with handcuffs?

Edited by The Vox

Okay, but my main point was that I went to four stores and none of them had the Marvel Select figures in the same place. One store had them behind the front counter, one store had them back in the "Toys and Games" section, one store had them crammed into the sci-fi/fantasy section and one store had them split up in two different places.

I've seen the Marvel Select figures at the endcaps of the comics section, in the Otaku/collectors toys area, children's toys area, in the front near the information desk, and in the front in an Iron Man endcap spotlight. Stores have no uniformity in regards to this. Unless it's Twilight merchandise...

It seems the Black Widow Pack is off the TRU website.

http://www.toysrus.com/search/noResults.jsp?kw=3933195

That's what I get when I to the page where they were it was in my favorites.

I really hope theses hit my local TRU soon.

since I haven't seen them there yet.

I called today and they said the were "sold out" after I gave the item number.

But this is the same TRU where I heard they weren't going to carry them because "they're not a big store"

Yet they have BSG, GB, and Marvel Minimates all round the store. Also it's a big store the was rebuilt and bigger

some time back.

So wait is still on for those of us who want to buy in-store.

I sprained my ankle real bad Friday night and spent all of Saturday and Sunday indoors on my butt (probably the most consecutive time I have not been outside in 15 years). So even though I called my TRU and Borders and they said they didn't have anything I was still hoping they might be wrong (which happens ya know) as I went today , but alas no luck. :down: I am kind of regretting not just ordering them all from the TRU.com when they were all available!

If any Illinoiser is trying to get the exclusives from the St. Charles Borders store, that's the one my mom works at, so as long as I get one exclusive for myself, I can get any others you want at a discount.

And, if you prevent me from getting my own pack because you want to scalp it, I'll hunt you down. ;)

lol, I LIVE IN ST CHARLES.

Question: Why does Happy Hogan come with handcuffs?

I believe this is why:

http://www.movieweb.com/movie/FIiMfqiqNXxq...CHoELEHJ2bjPxDC

Looks like the briefcase is secured to his wrist with them. It's funny they included that.

it's cool that they're included. it sucks you cannot fasten his wrist to them unless you cut the cuff.

Huh? doesn't the hand come out?