UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

Iron Man II Movie Minimates General Discussion

rx78jj

M

Awesome news! Not only did borders (tucson) have the exclusive BUT they had the whole wave! And I meanthe whole wave even happy holgan! And to make things even better I had a 30% off coupon!

While they did not have any out I ask the borders guy and frist he directed me to the iron man display (not there) he saw as I was leaving and asked again so I explained they were like little Lego men he new excatly what I was talking out and brought out the whole wave! I almost fell over. The only down side is I have a 12 hour day a head of me at work so no minimates for a while. But I do have the

displayed in their awesomeness!

Edited by maxcarnage

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

M

Awesome news! Not only did borders (tucson) have the exclusive BUT they had the whole wave! And I meanthe whole wave even happy holgan! And to make things even better I had a 30% off coupon!

While they did not have any out I ask the borders guy and frist he directed me to the iron man display (not there) he saw as I was leaving and asked again so I explained they were like little Lego men he new excatly what I was talking out and brought out the whole wave! I almost fell over. The only down side is I have a 12 hour day a head of me at work so no minimates for a while. But I do have the

displayed in their awesomeness!

OHHHH!!

You're lucky Max.

The wave at the borders I went to had 4 of the exclusives, 1 regular IM and Whiplash, and Pepper and Drone.

They didn't have Happy.

I have in my sweaty little hands a full set of the wave, the borders exclusive and the C2E2 set... and I didn't even have to leave the house :)

I have been asked to review them so a I will try and get pix up and real soon an indepth review of the sets.

T.

Seems like this has been a big week for Iron Man 2 Minimates. A big chunk of the stuff is pretty much out or coming out soon. The normal wave appearing at Borders surprised me but when thinking about it, it shouldn't. I guess I'm surprised at it's early release... Must. Resist. Buying. Entire. Wave.

Forgive my stupidity if this was already discussed...has anyone found this in TRU yet? I saw one set on their site as being "Out of Stock" I know there's a borders exclusive, but there are supposed to be others in TRU right?

The TRU stuff is making it's way out now. Some people found them in-store already... The Black Widow set and the Senate Hearing Tony Stark set are the TRU exclusives.

I have in my sweaty little hands a full set of the wave, the borders exclusive and the C2E2 set... and I didn't even have to leave the house :)

Oh how I envy you right now... :(

I still have not gotten a confirmation email from Borders to get mine yet in Wisconsin.

Stopped in my TRU at 10 this morning and no dice. I asked one of the employees (a guy that is abnormally friendly, knowledgeable and sociable for a TRU employee) if he could help me by looking them up. He looked in the computer and he said there was an X by the stock. He claims this doesn't mean they are canceled, but that they are not coming soon. As I was leaving, he told me he would keep an eye out for me. It pays to know people. :yes::D

Borders exclusive: success!

TRU wave: fail!

Hit three TRUs and none had them. One rep looked it up and said they'd been "discontinued," so she didn't know if they would get them in stock. Took that with a grain of salt, but it sounds like there may not be refresher cases of these...

Do you suppose they changed how they're doing Marvel Movie Mates after choking on so many from Origins?

I hope not. While I will agree that they shit the bed with the Wolverine Origins stuff, my TRU still has about 15 2 packs, going so small on something that will appeal to the masses much more than civilian Minimates which the W:O stuff essentially was. I did not ask anyone to look them up in the computer but it is scary that everyone who does is being told that they have been discontinued. I firmly believe that I am the only person in my area buy Minimates at TRU. When I see a case of new ones in I buy it, and instead of doing something rational like replacing it with one more case of them I come back a week later and find 3 new cases out. It's very frustrating that there are Ghostbuster, BSG, and Marvel Minimates warming pegs at my TRU but I can only afford to buy so much. I especially can't afford 4 cases of each wave. Even helping the fine folks here with getting them there are still heaps of them left over.

Wow, I didn't know that Border's would be carrying the whole wave + the exclusive. Sounds like some locations are going that route.. and some are just doing the exclusive.. I wonder where that decision gets made.. (Size of store? Size of City? etc)

I had to go give the TRU a shot in person and the most a worker would tell me was to check up front by the bobble heads.. she saw that I had a typed list with UPC's and I think it made her scared so she said she had to go and ran off. heh heh.. oh well. I believe I ran into Ivan there looking too.. he may have better skills at getting someone to check the warehouse for him than I did.

For those that got the Happy Hogan variant.. I am really excited to see detailed pictures of all of the accessories!! I want that suitcase!

After calling around to a few Borders, they seem to think it'll be in Indiana about this time next week. As if living in Indiana doesn't suck enough...

And can anyone tell me how much the packs are at Borders?

What part of Indiana Groundhog7? I live in Bloomington.

additional thought: I agree with madman.. I think the main reason the Wolverine Origins minis are warming so many pegs is that they don't look like superheroes.. no mom is going to impulse buy plain clothes characters from a movie for their kid. ...and most collectors will just buy one, or pass. Now for cool minis covered in sweet armor.. I'll take a case please. :)

I REALLY hope that they don't go 'small run' on the IM2 minis. Get em out there and get em out there soon so they get caught up in the movie toy hype and they sell thousands of them to new buyers.. keep my addiction supply strong!

Edited by The Vox

I remember someone reporting that Borders were getting 6 of the Iron Man Minimates (not sure if it is the regular wave and/or exclusives). Here was the breakdown of what I saw during lunch:

2x Hogan/Drone (Variant)

2x IM Mark V/War Machine

1x Potts/Drone

1x IM Mark IV/Whiplash

Maybe someone bought some already but I doubt they got two full cases and only have 6 left over. Also, they didn't have any exclusives out...

2x Hogan/Drone (Variant)

1x Potts/Drone

Weird. I wonder if that's just how the Borders cases turned out, or if this is another wave 31 situation where the "variant" actually isn't. Then again, it sounds like more people want the Happy Hogan set anyway, so maybe DST is trying to make up for the Angel debacle in their own quiet way... <_<

Edited by Lobsterman

got home from borders and the clerk gave this number... 3081956 for the minimates... so i guess if you want to call them and ask them about it... just give this number...

btw... i was able to snag MS IM and WM.... they are pretty sweet.

Sorry if this has already been mentioned, but i'm a bit disappointed that whiplash looks so . . . so . . . brown!

The images of him i've seen in the IM2 previews show him wearing a bright orange jump-suit.

post-2737-1270861030_thumb.jpg

I think the orange would have made it a bolder, more dynamic figure.

ah well - c'est la vie.