UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

TRU Wave 4 now in store

boyd

• Replies 270
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was a FIREFIGHT!!! (man got to hunt for 'mates again.)

Excellent Boon Dock Saints reference. This had me laughing quite loudly. Back to TRU. *sigh*

Oh, and Boyd. Thanks for the pics!

Edited by Ucfan34

Excellent Boon Dock Saints reference.

Why does everyone think that The Boondock Saint is the second coming of Citizen Kane. It is a mindless action movie that is so startling mediocre Fox, the studio that has made 3 Transporter movies, deemed it not good enough for theaters.

Why does everyone think that The Boondock Saint is the second coming of Citizen Kane. It is a mindless action movie that is so startling mediocre Fox, the studio that has made 3 Transporter movies, deemed it not good enough for theaters.

Nice pix Boyd! Thanks.... Of course it will be nearly a month (if at all) when we get them here!

As for boon dock saints... Fucking awful movie... I didn't even watch it all the way through it was that terrible!!

T.

Nice pix Boyd! Thanks.... Of course it will be nearly a month (if at all) when we get them here!

As for boon dock saints... Fucking awful movie... I didn't even watch it all the way through it was that terrible!!

T.

Nice to see someone who shares my loathing of that movie. If you are into that movie there is a documentary called Overnight that will enlighten you to what a monumental douche the writer/director is. Thanks for the pics boyd.

Well I enjoy the movie, but yea the Director turned into a mega d-bag after a little success. Guess since I'm Irish and have a taste for justice, I'm skewed towards liking the film. Plus, you all know how toy hunting is.

I'm Irish and in the process of becoming a cop but a shit movie is a shit movie. Different strokes to move the world I guess.

Boondock Saints was a fun romp. Most people I know who enjoyed it enjoyed it for what it is: a violent, ridicluous, over-the-top action film that was entertaining, if not deep and meaningful.

And comparing Boondock Saints to the Transporter series? What on earth does Transporter have over Boondock Saints? Those movies make Boondock Saints look deep and insightful by comparison.

Boondock Saints was a fun romp. Most people I know who enjoyed it enjoyed it for what it is: a violent, ridicluous, over-the-top action film that was entertaining, if not deep and meaningful.

And comparing Boondock Saints to the Transporter series? What on earth does Transporter have over Boondock Saints? Those movies make Boondock Saints look deep and insightful by comparison.

That particular comment was more a shot at Fox then either movie. I feel that both the Transporter franchise and The Boondock Saints are equally shitty.

Well, at least you're not picking favorites, you're sharing the hate equally.

Is it really any more inconceivable that Boondock Saint would get a cult following than that Rocky Horror Picture Show would get a cult following? Those things don't seem to have any obvious pattern.

About the Spider-Woman 'mate... Is her hair different from the promo art, or is it just me? I remember seeing a really nice braid in the art. Or did I just make that up?

About the Spider-Woman 'mate... Is her hair different from the promo art, or is it just me? I remember seeing a really nice braid in the art. Or did I just make that up?

Eyes playing tricks I think. I don't remember a real braid, just the mini ponytail effect they come up with to make Zeck's design work out here in reality.

Eyes playing tricks I think. I don't remember a real braid, just the mini ponytail effect they come up with to make Zeck's design work out here in reality.

I could have sworn there was a braid too, but it looks like we are mistaken, Colonel America.

And it looks like it's all Northraider's fault.

Edited by Turtle

I'm definitely not of the group that thinks that the movie is some great piece of American film literature, but I do like the move enough to have bought it and watched it many times. One of the best things about it is the fact its a movie you don't have to think to hard about. (probably explains the "cult" following) It's over the top on purpose, that's part of the point.

One of the supposed reasons that the movie didn't have a large® theatrical release was because of the Columbine school shooting. The movie was set to be released shortly after that had taken place and the MPAA tightened its grip on what would rated R opposed to NC-17. Boondock Saints was given an NC-17 rating. It was later reedited and released January 2000 with an R rating. Whether this affected the success of the film or not meh.

At least we can all come together on Minimates! :highfive2:

Are we still talking about Boondock Saints? Really?

Here's something to take our minds off of that. Found one each of both sets today.

post-238-1254456103_thumb.jpg

post-238-1254456121_thumb.jpg

post-238-1254456126_thumb.jpg

Yep, he comes with knives. New sculpts with the pommel guards would have been cool, but hey, we got a new character. I'm really on the fence about continuing my 3" Warpath custom now. I'm in the mixed scale camp when it makes sense for the larger characters, but this execution is pretty darn good overall. The red thunderbolt tampos are a little washed out over the blue base, and they don't continue onto the top of the body.

post-238-1254456132_thumb.jpg

post-238-1254456136_thumb.jpg

Pretty much the same as the one in the Champions set, only with an X on his suit. As with Warpath's tampos, the white X tampo is washed out over the red base, but it's clean and still looks good. Either the peg holding on his right wing is too big or the hole is too small, but I can't seem to get it to stay on. Not sure if that's a defect with mine, or if the mold is like that. Anyone else have the same problem?

Also, I didn't pick him up as I'm waiting for the full set, but I got a look at Electro. The eye holes on his mask are really, really deep. The front of his mask is, like, an eighth of an inch thick. It looks a bit odd.

Edited by Lobsterman

And it looks like it's all Northraider's fault.

Yeah, fine. I'll take the blame for this one :lol:

But come on, as long as it's not an NXM Jean reuse, does it really matter? :P

Seconded.

Thirded even!

RIP Jean's Hair!

Either the peg holding on his right wing is too big or the hole is too small, but I can't seem to get it to stay on. Not sure if that's a defect with mine, or if the mold is like that. Anyone else have the same problem?

Yeah - my Champions Angel had the same problem. They would only just stay on. If he falls over or i'm posing him, his wings tend to pop off.

Thanks for the pics Lobsterman. Warpath is the one I'm most anticipating for this release. I also have the same issue with the Champions Angel. I'm also kinda bugged to see the hairpiece flaring away from the face. It's also a symptom of my Champions Angel. No matter how long I try to smoosh it to the side it winds up sticking out. I'll probably only have one Angel up on display anyhow so I guess it doesn't matter too much.

Thanks for the pics Lobsterman....I have been wanting to know this since we first saw this...is the red on both Angels the same, if not, is it too off to swap the arms and legs out? I am not a fan of the yellow gloves and boots on the Champions, and wished they were the white. Before I painted them, I wanted to make sure it wouldn't be easier just to swap out the arms and legs.

Thanks in advance!