UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The NFL Thread

karamazov80

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I was going to C2E2 I would go for that bet biggrin.png Eagles seem tough to figure out, and the Saints are erratic, so I really don't know what to expect. Close game, or big win by either team wouldn't shock me.

It's pretty chilly in Philly right now. 18degrees , wind chill feels like zero. Could be tough for a dome team used to playing under ideal temps. I'm glad it's up here, saints can't be beat at home, but that road record is a little suspect. Either way, I'm glad we beat Dallas to get in, and glad we're back in the playoffs. No one around here expected anything better than a 6 or 7 win season.

Well, this is my take on the game. The Eagles are very much like the Saints if you take handicap Drew Brees (I reiterate, this is my opinion). Very cold, very wet weather in an outside venue is a handicap to Drew Brees (and the rest of the team). I think it depends on who shows up and wants it more. I will definitely be disappointed to see the Saints lose, but would pull for the Eagles for the rest of the post-season, if they do.

I am up for a friendly bet with my Philly brethren. timbo.gif

Yeah, these teams were about on equal footing tonight, and it could have gone either way. Eagles fans should be optimistic about next year.

I don't think the Saints have a great shot next week, but now that they've got the win away against a decent team in cold weather monkey off their back (first time ever winning away in the playoffs, by the way!), I think they have a slight chance!

We... ah... we never made that bet official, did we? unsure.pnglaugh.png

Time to pay up. PM sent with the address where you can send Riot Spidey. Edited by karamazov80

For us, the playoffs were gravy. Considering that we have a first time NFL coach, with an entirely new offensive and defensive philosophy, and we broke in a new QB at midseason, I think we did okay. Once Chip Kelly actually gets his players to play his system, look out.

Anyway, I'd rather be an Eagles fan then an Chiefs fan tonight....

• 2 weeks later...

Saints game was about what I expected last weekend. They just couldn't pull it together in that weather. But it wasn't like the Seahawks were all that impressive, either. Hopefully that won't foreshadow what could happen during the Superbowl, because I doubt it was a fun game to watch for anybody.

I like Russell Wilson, but can't really stand their coach. I still hate Lynch for what he did a few years ago to the Saints. I think I'm leaning toward rooting for the Pats. I think Brady and Bellichick deserve another title. They were so close to having a couple more already.

It's interesting that it has come down to the four teams we all probably thought it would come down to five months ago. I actually like Pete Carroll; he reminds me a lot of my father in law. Is that a good enough reason to be mildly pulling for a team? I guess I'm rooting for the Patriots as well, because I've got a good friend that's a Pats fan and I think you end up pulling for your friends' teams when yours are done. But there's something about the Manning Broncos that bugs me. I can't put my finger on it, but they bug me. So I guess I'm going Seahawks-Pats.

Saints game was about what I expected last weekend. They just couldn't pull it together in that weather. But it wasn't like the Seahawks were all that impressive, either. Hopefully that won't foreshadow what could happen during the Superbowl, because I doubt it was a fun game to watch for anybody.

Saints had more problems than just the weather...

JediJohnson, on 17 Jan 2014 - 16:12, said:

Saints had more problems than just the weather...

That's true, but seeing Brees's balls fly all over the place *feel free to laugh* and the missed field goals and failure to attempt some that would otherwise be makable were certainly major contributing factors.

Going for that FG at the end of the game was a really bad call. I know it was a long forth down, but the kick only would have brought you within five, so you'd still need to get the ball back and score a touchdown. Payton's usually a better tactician then that.

Edited by hellpop