UA-100768763-1 Jump to content

The NFL Thread

karamazov80

• Replies 318
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

To Bob's post, I was cheering for the Jets to take it in the AFC, because they were the real dark horse that nobody gave any credit to. I predicted they would beat the Chargers and people scoffed at me. I just hope they can sustain their winning ways longer than they did under Mangini.

I just saw this posted elsewhere, and someone responded: "Brees, the anti-Manning"*

*sorry GH, but this is true :D .

And of course, Manning being from NO means that he has always had support around here. . .up until the weeks leading up to the Superbowl. My parents have always been fans of him and his brother. I was surprised at how my mom snapped at me for criticizing Eli a few years ago (before they won the Superbowl). She was acting as if he were a player on her team. :lol:

and also because I know Sam and Shane being from Louisianna, well that's a connection, isn't it? -

Wow, I would have assumed you didn't want the Colts to win because they beat the Jets-and because I'm from Indy.

What time was the game on over there anyway?

Well, those were just two more reasons to cheer for the Saints! :D

It startet around 0:30am!

• 3 years later...

I don't want to get too excited after one game, but yeah. . .the D looked better than it has in a long, long time against Atlanta. Offense was predictably good. Peyton coming back may have given them some order and leadership. Still. . .they could have easily lost the game at the end. I think they should have better pulled away in the 2nd half.

I don't want to get too excited after one game, but yeah. . .the D looked better than it has in a long, long time against Atlanta. Offense was predictably good. Peyton coming back may have given them some order and leadership. Still. . .they could have easily lost the game at the end. I think they should have better pulled away in the 2nd half.

Agree on all accounts, but they are still shaking out the wrinkles of having a lot of new players.

• 3 months later...

So how are you feeling right now, Saints fans?

Not real good, to be honest. They need that 2 seed to get home field, then a hope and a prayer of beating the Seahawks at home. If not, I don't see them winning a game. Yesterday's game sucked of course. There is still a chance for the hated Falcons to help the Saints out--assuming Saints beat the Bucs next week (a big if at this point), then if Falcons win tonight, Saints should at least have the 5th seed; if the Falcons win next week, then the Saints get 2nd seed! But I'm not expecting that. Falcons know one thing this year, and that is how to lose.

Most likely going to be Eagles/Saints in the playoffs, so Nervous and I are going to have to get our trash talking ready. wink.png

I really thought, for most of the year, that the Saints were the best team in the NFC. Their inability to win on the road is troubling, to say the least. But we'll see. It's really wide open this year, even though Denver and Seattle look to be the best teams.

Yeah, they had a top ranked offense and defense for the first 1/2 of the season. Then they just started looking average at times. I wouldn't expect to see the Eagles run all over the Saints like they did the Bears, if they were to meet. The Saints defense really has been pretty good in nearly every game. But if the offense isn't able to sustain drives like yesterday then it probably won't matter.

Yeah, it's a tough break for the Cards. I was rooting against the 49ers this week just so we'd have another sudden death scenario. Personally, I do believe that it's better for any sport to have good teams that don't make the postseason, because it makes the regular season exciting and meaningful. I'd rather have that then the mess we have for the last AFC spot. I know that doesn't comfort you much....

So, Saints vs Eagles tomorrow night. I was talking with fellow Philadelphian Nervous the other day, and we were thinking a bet might be in order between us and the NOLA contingent. Maybe something like the losers have to wear the winner's jerseys at C2E2? Have a better idea, Shane? K80?

Anyway, good luck tomorrow... you're gonna need it! yes.gif

(as will the Eagles.)